It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:58 pm

Free Newsletter

I hope my mistake helps you

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

I hope my mistake helps you

Postby EwwwGrapefruit » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm new here. I basically signed up to let everyone know exactly how I feel right now, because I feel like it could help you all a bit.

So in two days I'm getting lap band surgery. This isn't the reason I'm posting the thread, so stay with me here lol.
All week I've been on Optifast - which is less than 500 calories a day. I've been on it for 5 days and was constantly dreaming of food, had to stop watching TV because of food ads and was basically going insane from being so hungry all the time. The Optifast food was terrible with 50% of the products making me sick. I've lost 5 kilos in 5 days...

So because I'd already had my weigh in at the surgery's office, paid for the surgery and am simply waiting for the day now I thought it'd be a fantastic idea to go and get a pizza. I was thinking with my hunger, not with my head...I just did it and cried afterwards. I cried because I felt sick and sad like I couldn't control myself.

So I wrote this letter to help me get through the coming weeks:

Whenever you are hungry think of the time you ate that pizza before your surgery and remember how sad and sick you felt. Think of how you want to be thin and not feel this way ever again.
1 minute of weakness = a week of depression and regret. It's not worth it.
You only feel like you need that food because you're hungry, go and eat something.

I think this moment right now will be my motivation to keep going.

-Grapefruit
EwwwGrapefruit

Re: I hope my mistake helps you

Postby BlueRaven » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:36 pm

I like the letter idea grapefruit and I also like your username! I ate a cup of hot chips on top of what I should have eaten for the day and punished myself with extra exercise on the exercise bike, as I was sweating away I thought was that 2 minutes of stuffing my face with chips worth an extra 30 minutes of exercise with my already tired legs!
Best of luck with your surgery! Let us know how your surgery went :)

SW: 84.5kg
CW: 81.5kg
GW: 60kg
BlueRaven

Re: I hope my mistake helps you

Postby nomoretomorrow » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:00 pm

hi im new here you and i read your post good luck ,i struggle to lose weight and keep it off but your post will stick with me thank you
nomoretomorrow

Return to Confessional