It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:20 pm

Free Newsletter

My First Blip.

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

My First Blip.

Postby Talien » Mon May 02, 2011 10:00 pm

Ok, so.

2 10g Chocolate Easter Eggs.
3 x Slces of Bread
1 x Apple

I'm so tired and worn out after today. I think the chocolate is the only thig that is stopping me from being overwhelmed by it all (the sugar... although they tasted divine).

I'm on a 5,500kJ food plan and I really don't think it is going to well at the moment.
I'm ok during the day, but at dinner time I am STARVING.

For example, tonight, I ate:
100g Kangaroo steak
200g Various steamed vegetables.

But that didn't fill me so I at a piece of multigrain bread.
And that diddn't help either.
So I had a vegemite sandwhich. And an apple.
And I AM STILL HUNGRY.
It makes it really hard to resist the bad foods :*( I don't know what to do about it. When I'm hungry I get angry and sleepy I don't want to be either of those. But I also don't want to be a ball.
*~*~* BMR: 8,155 *~*~* 5,500kj Food Plan *~*~* Aim: 70kg *~*~*
MAY CHALLENGE:
Starting Weight: 117.6kg
Weekly Weigh-in: Monday 2/5: 117.6; Monday 9/5: 116.6
Talien

Re: My First Blip.

Postby matchbox » Tue May 03, 2011 2:06 am

darl i honestly dont think you're eating enough! Sign up to calorieking.com.au, even if its just to check how many kj/calories you should be having, i found it such a great guide to go buy, even though it might seem like a lot! and i lost 30kg :D
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby matchbox » Tue May 03, 2011 2:08 am

also i like reduced fat choc milk before bed if im hungry - just a little bit - good amount of protein and carbs :)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Talien » Wed May 04, 2011 11:44 pm

I think 5,500 is ok, it's only meant to be for a few weeks until my metabolism speeds up then I'll move up to 6,300.
I decided that I can't be super duper rigid, i just need to be smart, I do want this to be sustainable (the healthy not the 5.5k). So I have allowed myself a few little things. such as cashews with my salad at lunch, and a piece of bread at dinner.

Tonight I learnt the hard way that I had made my stomach smaller. I ate a footlong. I used to be able to eat this before without issue. Not anymore! I feel like I totally pigged out and normally I get him to put about 5 times more lettuce in there than there was tonight (he calls that "salad"? pfft)....
Anywho, I think that 5.5 for a few days was a good idea to kick start and still not a bad idea but I need to realise when my body requires more food. I read somewhere in the forum that somone only has carbs before 1pm and I think I will adopt that it seems a great idea.
Also I'll need to modify my meals now as I start at the gym next week.
5,5 for me is sustainable, but not realistic over the long term (I live a sedentary life, which is becoming more active and my job is as an phone consultant, so I don't get to move around much).

I don't want to eat carbs with dinner though but I don't know much about foods-that-arent-carbs as I basically grew up on pasta :S So if you have any good ideas let me know!
*~*~* BMR: 8,155 *~*~* 5,500kj Food Plan *~*~* Aim: 70kg *~*~*
MAY CHALLENGE:
Starting Weight: 117.6kg
Weekly Weigh-in: Monday 2/5: 117.6; Monday 9/5: 116.6
Talien

Postby ganymede » Fri May 06, 2011 9:47 pm

Try having a cup of tea before bed or brushing your teeth straight after dinner so you can't eat anything else!!! Or have a weight watcher's hot chocolate/Jarrah hot chocolate if you are really craving something sweet. I also find a handful of corn flakes and a small drizzle of honey does wonders with cravings! You could always try eating half of your meal earlier in the night and half later on so you don't feel so hungry.

Don't give up hunnie, a few small blips in the grand scheme of things! The hardest part is getting back into the routine and not going completely off the rails. Have faith, you are doing a great job! :mrgreen:

Shelley
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Return to Confessional