It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:56 am

Free Newsletter

Why couldn't I say no?

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Why couldn't I say no?

Postby manda » Mon May 23, 2011 10:44 pm

So... since last weekend I've been trying to add calorie counting to my weight loss plan since exercising alone wasn't doing too much. Last week I managed to lose close to 2kg which I was quite happy with. Today... my work colleagues decided to go out for lunch. I was running late so they went ahead first and my friend who I normally share food with, ordered 1 plate of pork dumplings (8 pieces) and a plate of vegetarian rice cake noodles (?) for us to share.

I pretty much ate my share of 4 dumplings and half the plate of noodles. I tried looking up the calorie count for lunch today, which was quite hard being Asian food and all... and the closest I think I could come up with was 1000calories in that meal alone!! :oops: I'm dreading jumping on the scale tomorrow morning...

I know tomorrow I'll be back on track again but it's good that I get to vent out my frustrations here :)

Re: Why couldn't I say no?

Postby bjam » Mon May 23, 2011 11:00 pm

it is crazy what some meals turn out to be!! since starting to count calories I practically have a fear of eating out :|

but equally - it is nice just to have a tasty meal sometimes - label it a treat and carry on - one meal won't break a diet - scales tomorrow would reflect the salt in asian sauces rather than actual weight gain if there is a change, as even at 1000 cals, over a week of eating otherwise healthy foods, you can still lose just fine :)

2kgs in a week is awesome btw! you are going so well :D

Postby Metalcharm » Mon May 23, 2011 11:33 pm

One meal like that won't show on the scales .. apparently it takes over 7000 calories to equate to a kilo so one meal isn't going to break the bank so to speak. It's when we eat that way consistantly that it will show up (and up and up lol).

No need to belt yourself up over it and as you said yourself ... tomorrow you'll be back on track again. :D

Postby kylakeeper » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:47 pm

That's the spirit! You have the right attitude. I know you can go back to the right track.

Return to Confessional