It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:52 pm

Free Newsletter

Boost Bar

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Boost Bar

Postby Sassygirl » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:18 pm

Here I go - I am confessing my first sin (remember my pledge not to eat the Boost Bar) - I ATE IT :oops:
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby ~Ash~ » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:22 pm

oh no! ah well, just make sure u don't have any more snacks today, and let your workmates know u don't want them giving you treats to eat! maybe suggest some healthy thing they could get u instead?
don't let it make u feel u "failed" for today and then go on a crazy pig out session though ok? so long as that's all you have it's not that bad
good luck!
Go team MAGENTA!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
~Ash~

Postby Sassygirl » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:38 pm

I will be good for the remainder of the day ...... it was a hardie because the Boost had slightly melted - YUMMY nothing beats melted chocolate hey. Feel better now that I have come clean. Everyone here nows that I am trying to better myself and have vowed to not give me any more treats!!
Thanks for your words and your fast reply.
I won't beat myself up too much - but as always it feels great going down but worse afterwards!!!! :oops:

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:53 pm

ah well, tomorrow is another day. perhaps keep a jar of fruit and nuts on your desk or something along thos elines to keep the cravings at bay. know what you mean about melted chocolate... i used to put my chocolate in a bowl and melt it slightly in the microwave! lol. hate chocolate that has been in the frdige but since starting my weightloss i buy the darrell lea low carb chocolate and keep it in the fridge so if i want a piece i suck on it as it lasts longer (tegan told me that tip!) keep your chin up :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:21 pm

Oh Sassygirl, never mind, it was a hard test for sure. If where you work is anything like where I work then there is food on offer just about all the time! I have become very good at graciously declining the naughty stuff.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Sassygirl » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:14 pm

We have a low cost food store on site and it is sooooo tempting to go over and get choccies because they are so cheap. But I will be good - I want my ticker to go down this week...... but it is soooooooo hard :cry:

Sassygirl

Postby Ally » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:29 am

Never mind Sassygirl.....we all have moments when our best laid plans go to pot!!

Here is something you may wish to keep in mind the next time your collegue places a boost bar on your desk.....

Boost bar:
320 cal / 1338kjs
Total fat: 18.1g fat
Saturated fat: 13.3g
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Sassygirl » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:06 pm

I knew I could count of you guys - maybe I will buy a Boost fun pack - the choccies are so small and I can have one and not feel guilty. :oops: :lol:

Sassygirl

Postby Neney » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:48 pm

It's good you didn't just blow out afterwards. Remember, once boost bar is better than one boost bar followed by another, and maybe a flavoured milk and a bag of chips!!!!

So you did well to stop there. Atleast you've learnt your lesson, and next time...remember those feelings you felt after you had the bar before you munch on one again!

Best of luck sweetie
Mini Goal - Reach Double Digits!! 99kgs

Neney

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:09 pm

yeah neney has made a great point there. you didnt just go stupid and gorge yourself. one boost bar is better than what you wouldve previously eaten in the past. i think if you have something like that you might as well enjoy it. like i treat myself to my favourite- allens pineapple lollies every so often and i enjoy them. and wake up the next day and get back on the wagon :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:00 am

The fun size stuff is great as it means that you can still enjoy the things you love without overindulging!! The challenge then comes to put the rest away and only eat one at a time!!

Losing weight is not about depriving outselves of the things we love, it is more about finding a happy balance. Treats are exactly that...treats...it is when they become more dominant over the other foods in our lives they become a problem!! A lot of the time people view having a "treat" as 'naughty', but in reality as long as you have the balance in your diet it is no such thing!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby hushpuppy » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:38 am

Yep gotta love the fun bars . They are my saviour i can still have 1 and not blow out and not feel like eating a whole big block of chockies
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Return to Confessional