It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:16 pm

Free Newsletter

Another massive pig out

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Another massive pig out

Postby SarahC » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:39 am

Oh no... sorry for bothering everyone with this, but I have been very bad :oops:

This confession applies really to the past 3 or 4 weeks. I have been eating WAAAAYYYY too much, and it looks as though I have slipped quite firmly back into my old habits... the same habits that caused me to put on all that weight last time and that caused me to not fit into any of my clothes and made me have to go out and buy new clothes! So, basically I can see that if I don't stop what I'm doing NOW (not tomorrow, or next week.... now!) I will end up right back where I started, yet again :cry:

I eat extremely healthy food, just too much of it. I'm usually okay during the day, it's just at night that the problems start. After dinner and, if I wake up, in the middle of the night too. I've no idea what is wrong with me and I'm sure that most normal people do not do this :? I know that if I overeat during the night, I will feel very ill in the morning (just like I feel this morning lol) not to mention very guilty, and eventally quite fat and uncomfortable :( And I'll also run my bank account dry, as all this food is quite expensive! So why I persist in doing this is a great mystery...

Well, I have just had a brainwave while I'm writing this. I've just offered to do some work-at-home volunteer work, which means I will have lots of work to do on my computer at night time. I'll be attached to my computer with headphones (transcribing recorded interviews, what fun!), so I physically will not be able to get to my pantry. I might be onto something there you never know.... :?
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:04 am

HI sarah

you are most welcome to confess to us anytime! you mentioned that you eat when you wake up in the moddle of the night. some people do this- i think it must be a psychological thing not an actual hunger thing. the last thing i want to do is eat in the middle of the night- i get up go to the loo with my eyes close then collapse into bed again lol.

maybe start writing down what you are eating. or plan what you will eat. how much water are you drinking each day?

you know we are always here for you sarah and dolly can even get her boot out for you if you need it :) think of your holiday thats coming up and how it is a wodnerful reward for getting to your goal :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:58 am

hehehehe Sarah...I have a visual of you crawling to the pantry with headphones still attached and getting pinged back to your chair as you just open the door!!! Sorry mate...

I agree with Kate, mate, I would try writing a food diary so you know what you are eating....give it a try and see how you go..maybe keep an emotional diary as well (on the homepage) to see if you can pinpoint the reasons you are overeating!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby SarahC » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:18 am

I am addicted to my food diary... I have been recording all my eatings for as long as I can remember :oops: Sometimes it doubles as a plan as well - most mornings before work I write down all that I'm going to eat for the day.

I cheat though sometimes, and this is how I know I'm eating too much... if I've gone over my set kJ limit for the day, I just record all the extra bits under the next day, or the day after. It is an excuse to eat when I really shouldn't.

For example, last night I ate two (2) whole HPLC protein bars (please no-one ever try this!!), worth 1600kJ each :shock: Wrote one down under today, and the other I divided into four and put 400kJ in under each day Tues - Fri this week. Now, imagine if I had to write down the whole 3200kJ under yesterday's total... I would never have even considered having one bite of those damn protein bars :oops: :oops:

I would post my daily diary on this site, but it would be just too embarassing. Everyone else is so good... I would look like a pig! If I don't do any better this week, I'll start posting my food diary, as punishment :P

Haven't heard of an emotions diary. Might need to look that one up :)
SarahC

Postby Ally » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:25 am

Hey Sarah maybe that is part of the solution for you...you admit you are not being totally honest with yourself. Make sure you write down everything that you eat for that day and do your calculations..no cheating...if you eat 2 protein bars in a day, write it down for that day. If you are swapping and changing things around and putting a bit here and some more over there, you will look at it by the end of the week and think that you are going great. Try and be more honest with yourself and don't view posting your diary as a punishment, but more of a motivation to stay on track!! You are doing really well Sarah, you are going through a process of finding out how many cals per day you can have without gaining weight and it is not an easy process..Keep going mate and find that balance!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:43 am

instead of a punishment think of it as a consequence. :P
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:49 pm

I agree with Ally you need to be honest for each day and write everything down. Only then will you start to think about how much you are eating. It's easier not to see this if you are moving it to other days, so it may be time to bite the bullet and write everything no matter how bad it gets.

I was thinking about something I read on one of the weightlifting sites. The blokes were talking about having a protein meal about 1/2 an hour before going to bed. I was wondering if you would find that helpful with the night time eating. If you are full at that time you may not find yourself waking up hungry. Although if it is due to something other than hunger then this may not help. Let me know if you want me to get more info.

All the best Sarah, you can do it mate, be strong.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:34 am

Thanks guys... yes, it is time that I started writing out my diary properly! It is so nice to start off the day with an empty page. I tried very hard last week, even wrote reminder notes to myself at the end of each page... but it didn't work :oops: I am determined to do better this week. Off to a good start already as I ate barely anything last night (well, after dinner that is!). I forced myself to drink a glass of juice with psyllium husks in it... it was pretty gross and made me feel a bit ill so I didn't want to eat anything during the night :lol:

I like the idea of having a small protein meal before bed (small meaning small, not two whole protein bars :oops: ). It might help, but often it doesn't really matter what I have eaten before bed, I can still wake up with a growling tummy :( Just gotta plan out my eating a bit more in the evenings. I'm pretty good at planning, it's just that the plan stops after dinner lol :oops:
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:33 am

hi sarah
sometimes i hear my stomach growling at night and even though im not hungry i think 'hmmmm they sounds like weightloss growls' so i figure that those noises are the calorie burning noises :)
kate_turner2000

Postby hushpuppy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:48 pm

HI sarah . I agree with th others u really need to write down all that is eaten for that day only no swapping or changing . I wonder if u right down what time u eat so u can see where that is and then work on that bit -ie if its at 8.00pm and u havent eaten since 6.00 schedual in a small piece of fruit in between those times .
With the waking and etaing thing i used to do it myself . I would be u at 3 scoffing mini choc bars then head back to bed . i found now if i wake up growling i have a bottle of water beside my bed and drink that or sip from it till my tummy settles
Hope that helps
Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Return to Confessional