A club I'm involved in had its final meeting of the year last night. We had a midway break in which various cakes and lollies were paraded on a table. Mmm, chocolate coated nuts, chocolate sultanas, marshmallows, rumballs, ohhhh yummy.
So I slowly but steadily grazed and felt quite ill at the end of it since I'd not eaten junk food like that since the previous Christmas period. Although I didn't drink any alcohol I woke up this morning feeling kind of hung-over - it must be an effect of all that sugar.
Today I'll try to balance the damage by reducing my energy intake to a relatively low level.