It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:09 am

Free Newsletter

How do you beat Temptation

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

How do you beat Temptation

Postby natalies9312 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:38 pm

I have a real problem with junk food and chocolate. If i am shopping i don't buy it. If it is not in the house i don't crave it. My problem is when it is in front of me and everyone else is eating it. An example is today at work. Someone brought in a 1kg tub of celebration chocolate and a massive bag of potato chips. Everyone was eating so I joined in. Even though i had food with me. Even though I wasn't hungry and even though i knew i would feel bad afterward i still ate alot of it and kept going the rest of the day.

How do you aviod this? How do you resist temptation when it is literally in your face :?:

Re: How do you beat Temptation

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Dont resist temptation

If you try and fail you feel guilty so need more to 'make yourself feel better'

Allow yourself a bit in the knowledge that it's a one-of then you can enjoy what you have and stop when you really want to

That's the theory but whether it'll work or not I dont know cos I do what you do! LOL

Currently: 93.9K
Start of challenge: 98.6
①97K: ②96.6K: ③96.3: ④95.6:⑤96.1:
⑥94.5: ⑦94.3: ⑧ 93.9: ⑨: ⑩:⑪: ⑫:
Pledge for week 10: NO excuses!

Postby keroppi » Sat May 26, 2012 2:06 am

Hi there. I would agree that it's really hard to beat temptation like sweets.. :( What i do is think of the bad effects and focus on my quest for weight loss. That's why i stopped dinking soft drinks and artificially swetened drinks. I feel they only make me hungry and i've learned that they are not good to our health. My usual drink now is green tea with natural sweetener called (Ad Removed). It tastes a lot like sugar-- no awful after taste, and it's healthy with very low-calorie content.

Postby BigDude » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:33 pm

I beat temptation by just not having any food with carbs/sugars in my fridge or cupboards lol.. That way I never get the chance to cheat, although I know how crap I feel after eating carbs anyway...

Usually my place only has Brocolli, Lamb, Chicken, eggs, Meal replacement shakes, Tea bags, cheese and that's about it :)

Return to Confessional