It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:16 pm

Free Newsletter

Help with fancy cheese!

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Help with fancy cheese!

Postby ThinLizzy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:33 pm

I don't really binge on sweets, but I have an incredible weak spot for certain cheese, especially the stinky blue vein / brie mixed one. I LOVE to eat it on freshly baked turkish bread, just slathered on. Oh dear, my mouth is watering even while I am writing this!

My question is: does anyone know of anything, either something I can make from scratch, or something I can buy, that I can swap this for, that could somehow be similar in texture and flavour, and satisfy that salty craving? Please don't just say "don't think about it... go for a run... chew gum" etc, I truly need a SWAP food here.

Please help! :oops:
ThinLizzy

Re: Help with fancy cheese!

Postby summer_is_coming » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:32 pm

Yum! The good thing about that stinky cheese is a little bit goes a long way. It's yum crumbled thru a salad with walnut and pear. But I'm getting distracted. Could you mix the good cheese with light Philadelphia or something and spread it on the toast ? But cut the toast in half horizontally so it's half the calories.
Or maybe you could make little cheese puffs, or a mini quiche with egg white and stinky cheese
There are a lot of brands of fancy cheese too , it's probably worth comparing labels
Well that's all i can think of, good luck with it :)
summer_is_coming

Return to Confessional