It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:35 pm

Free Newsletter

My biggest downfall!

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

My biggest downfall!

Postby ScottHowell » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:10 am

So I will say, that i haven't really help back when it comes to eating unhealthy. But I would say that my vice, would have to be the energy drinks. I am drinking 4-8 cans of 500ml mother a day which in my maths works out to between 208g - 416g of sugar. I don't know what the daily recommended intake of sugar is, but I bet its not that high. Does anyone have advise on how I could possibly get more energy during the day??? maybe I could take vitamins?

Re: My biggest downfall!

Postby Tea85 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:40 am

I used to feel really drained all day everyday to the point I could just literally sleep day and night. At first I blamed being a young mum of 4 but eventually I talked to my doctor who did blood test and turns out I had a vitamin B deficientcy. I was given vitamin B shots every mth then every 3 and now I'm on a daily vitamin b supplement. So if your feeling tired or just depleted all the time I reccomend a blood test first then go from there. I know iron deficientcy can make you tired too.

Tegan xx

Postby ScottHowell » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:31 pm

Thanks Tegan,

I think i might just do that, i dont think its right i feel this tired all the time. i am always so tired and need naps after my 8 hours shift and i really need to work out why

Postby CronicBadger » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:43 am

Is it possible that you're getting blood sugar lows in between the spikes caused by high refined sugar intake? Your insulin response might be on a rollercoaster ride.

A balanced healthy diet provides all the sugar the body requires. There is no need to consume any food or drink with added sugar except in the case of athletes and certain illnesses. Medical recommendations are that no more than about 25 grammes of added sugar be consumed each day.

As was suggested by Tegan, see your doctor.

Regardless, don't let this affect your focus on your main goal, which is to develop a healthy lifestyle and lose weight. Lots of good things will result from your success.

Postby ScottHowell » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:24 pm

Thanks for the positive words :), i did try today to not drink any of the enrgy drinks and i have so far succeeded, but I guess its natural to feel this tired after my shift at work. I have booked in to see the doctor this week and get some blood tests. I don't really think I need diabetes..

Scott :)

Postby admin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:25 am

two things to congratulate you on - Booking in for a check up with the doctor, have blood tests on as many things you can. Second is your start in giving up the energy drinks, well done.
Tips for energy, Vitamin B,
Have a banana, this is packed full of energy, many athletes have one prior to exercising
Protein, make sure you have lots of protein, Peanut Butter on toast, Nuts. Most people need between 40-70 grams each day depending on your gender, age and situation. Calculate your protein needs by Weight in pounds divided by 2.2 = weight in kg - Weight in kg x 0.8-1.8 gm/kg = protein gm.
Iron, low iron levels (get yours checked) lead to anemia
Drink water

You are probably experiencing withdrawal of your energy drinks so just be patient.

good luck

Site Admin

Return to Confessional