It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:26 am

Free Newsletter

hopefully this cuts my cravings ... feel guilty as though :-

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

hopefully this cuts my cravings ... feel guilty as though :-

Postby Michelle-leeC1989 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:12 pm

So I caved. I just needed some sort of hit. Thought I wiukd beat it but here I was eating a cookie and a glass of juice .. hmmm now will this take me a step back?
Michelle-leeC1989

Re: hopefully this cuts my cravings ... feel guilty as thoug

Postby Blitz » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:26 am

This is a journey with many things along the way that has lessons for us to learn. Key questions to ask yourself; "how can I avoid doing this again?" and "what triggered this behaviour?". If you have learnt from this encounter then this will help you in the future. If you have learnt nothing then it is a setback that will occur again until you have dealt with the issues.

Some ideas to think through...why was the cookie in the house so ready at hand?...was I bored or just unthinking when I ate it?...what lies did I tell myself to justify eat this healthy food?...has my regular food enough variety and nutrition for my body?...how can I distract myself next time?...what self talk ideas can I use to stop myself next time?...how can I keep my goals important enough for me not to betray them with this sort of behaviour...how can I make myself more accountable to others and above all myself?

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Sarah91 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:10 pm

Be happy and determined when you want a successful weight lose plan. Guilt may lead you to depression and may do you harm than good. Eat in moderation and cravings will stop haunting you. Be always reminded that you health is wealth and obesity is deteriorating factor to your wealth. Keep that in mind.
Sarah91

Postby hanney882 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:57 pm

Do not lose hope and do not feel guilty when you crave for some foods once in a while because it is just normal reaction of our body. But instead if you crave then indulge yourself once in a while, when you feel like eating chocolates, ice cream and pasta, eat in moderation then do more exercise. The more input you have the more output you should give.
hanney882

Postby DD Diva » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:03 pm

hanney882 wrote:Do not lose hope and do not feel guilty when you crave for some foods once in a while because it is just normal reaction of our body. But instead if you crave then indulge yourself once in a while, when you feel like eating chocolates, ice cream and pasta, eat in moderation then do more exercise. The more input you have the more output you should give.

Fantastic insight Hanney!!! I particular like that last sentence of yours, may borrow that one...it's a great way to view the more you put in (your body) the more you gotta put out (with your body)!!! :oops: So if you don't want to be running, jogging or walking for days, keep the indulgences small(ish)??!! :shock:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:30 am

Basically it is about taking responsibility for your actions. If you ate it - it is your responsibility to (re)move it.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby hanney882 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:48 pm

Burn the calories you take every day and you are responsible of what you eat. I treat myself once in a while but I make sure to burn it after. You can also try some guiltless snacks or make your own healthy snacks at home.
hanney882

Return to Confessional