It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:19 pm

Free Newsletter

What Portion Sizes?

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

What Portion Sizes?

Postby tiffanyp » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:59 pm

I cant believe what i have just done! I waited too long before I went to buy lunch and instead of ordering a sandwich I was starving and I ordered a double cut chicken and salad roll! I could taste the fat as I ate it.....now I feel full and sick and feel like I should go to the bathroom to make myself bring it back up again!

I thought I was doing really well and paid $1.80 for ONE orange as well. Now I am way too full and cant eat the orange!

Far out. I hope I can to this!
Food choices and portions.... I have to start a mantra for myslef....

food choices and portions; food choices and portions

Tiff :cry:
tiffanyp

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:15 pm

hi tiff dont be down on yourself it could have been worse. you couldve been at maccas! just remember for next time. :) we wont crucify you -promise :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:28 pm

Learn from the way you feel and use that to help you make better choices next time. I too have problems if I go somewhere hungry as it is so easy to order something that isn't as healthy as it could be, your stomach just seems to take over and before you know it you are ordering chips and sausage rolls....

LOL I have to share this with you all. When I just typed the words sausage roll I could almost taste the fat in the sausage meat and pastry!!! These used to be my all time fave junk food as I am a savour tooth not a sweet one and the thought of a sausage roll right now is yuck no thanks! Yayyy, maybe, just maybe I really have learnt better. Ok now to work on the chocolates....

Tiffany don't beat yourself up these things take time as you are reprogramming your brain and taste buds to want something healthier. Stick with it mate and you will get there. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:29 pm

Wow Kim...I am looking forward to the day that that happens to me!! At the moment I still have something junky and then feel crook for the rest of the day!!

Tiffany the girls have given you some good advice there so I won't add to the same line of thinking....but, don't be afraid when you go into a shop to ask them to make it up for you..I have learnt this and it works a treat...I will walk in and order a chicken and salad roll/sandwich with no butter or mayo and most times they are happy to do it. At least that way you know that you are within your limits and not counting the fat as it rolls down you chin and hands!!

Keep going mate, the first few weeks are the hardest, but with perserverance you will get there!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:06 pm

I am exactly the same, Kim :) I used to eat KFC, Hungry Jacks, McDonalds etc etc all the time.. I used to LOVE it. Now my stomach turns when I think about it. The smell of KFC when I drive past now makes me feel nauseous rather than ravenous!!! It's great!!

It seriously won't take long for this to happen to you guys! After a while you forget what it tastes like and you just don't want it any more because there are just soo many good foods out there to eat instead!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Chinta » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:53 pm

It`s very hard to make wise choices when you allow yourself to get to the starving point.
You have now been there, done that, and know that you have to prevent it from happening again.
Beating yourself up over it achieves nothing, so just see it as a learning curve :wink:
Maybe carry something with you in case of emergencies, to see you through until you can get to some real food :D
ImageImage
Chinta

Postby tiffanyp » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:53 am

Thanks heaps for the replies and the encouragement. Today I have an orange on my desk to eat when I am hungry!

I have lost weight before and I know that once you start the habit of eating healthy food you dont want to eat fatty foods.

Cant wait for that feeling!

Found out last night that our city is getting its first McDonalds Restaurant! Oh dear!!! :lol:

For the past umpteen years the only takeaway we have had was KFC - and I hate that!

But the Fries at Macca's are quite yummy! :?

hmmm.... what was that Mantra of mine? Small healthy food portions... small healthy food portions!
tiffanyp

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:42 pm

stick to your guns tiff :) you didnt need maccas before and you dont need it now. :)
kate_turner2000

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:17 pm

Hey tiff i was the same and it has takin me time to program my head (and thats alot of space lol) Now when i feel hungy if im home i will grab a galss of water then wait and if im still hungry i go for a handfull of grapes or a banana (now that they are 3.50 a kg) then if im still hungry i can think ok now a ican grab that salad sandwich and if im out i aways carry water with me and some nuts

Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Return to Confessional