It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:33 pm

Free Newsletter

Guilty as charged

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Guilty as charged

Postby Simmy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:34 pm

Well don't I feel like a little piggy now. I have been doing so well. Sticking to healthy food and going to the gym. Last night I went out to dinner at an Indian restaurant. I was good and skipped the deep fried entree. Then this morning I got on the scale (I know you are only meant to do it once a week - but its a daily ritual for me) and Ive put on .4kg. So I was extra good to make up special K and salad to 7. Thats when it stopped. We were over at my bf's parents house and they ordered pizza for dinner. I had a lean cuisine (resisting the temptation for pizza). Which would would have been FINE if I had stopped. But once home I felt ripped off. Tiny lean cuisine while everyone was gorging on pizza. So I ate a big bowl of spag bol (bigger than the lean cuisine serving). So now I am feeling totally bloated. The worst was when my bf came into the kitchen, saw me heating up the food, said "Are you eating AGAIN?' Gave my a dissapointed look and walked off. He has been so supportive of my weight loss and now I feel like Ive pushed it back in his face. If only I had said.. you're right and thrown it out. Now I feel like its started again and i have a little voice inside my head saying "Even though you are so full, wouldn't some chocolate be nice right now?" AHHHH Anyway (if anyone) has made it this far through the post Im sorry for my long rant.
Simmy

Postby Dee » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:44 pm

Stop!!!
Put it into perspective. One extra meal, although disheartening (and embarrassing after being spotted and rebuked by your bf) is still just one slip up. Every extra calorie you now put into your mouth unneccessarily is one more you have to get rid of.

It is only with persistance that we will reach our goals.
(Says me who slipped up today - lol)

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:13 am

wow i felt sad that your hubby was being a nasty pastie! you are a grown woman you can make your own decisions of when you want to eat. its up to you to make your own food choices during your weightloss journey.
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:32 am

I know that feeling. I used to regularly come home and eat after a nice dinner out. Always I would get comments from my parents.. "are you STILL hungry". No I'm not hungry, I'm just eating. Comments from my parents were a good barometer that I was eating too much. I think my constant trips to the pantry annoyed them :(

Don't stress to much about the extra meal. As long as you have learnt something from the experience, then you will be stronger for the next time you are tempted. Hey and at least you didn't have the chocolate after it as well :)
SarahC

Postby tiffanyp » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:25 pm

Hey, next time this happens mate. Just remember WATER WATER WATER!!! Stop, have a good guzzle of water and walk away from the food! It has worked everytime for me!

Just remember, a wrong today will equal a right the next time!

Tiff :D
tiffanyp

Postby Ally » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:17 pm

LOL @ Kate!!! hahahahahaha Nastie pastie!!! Oh that cracked me up!! Does it have the angry eyes and gnarled teeth Kate??? hehhehe :P

Hey Simmy....don't let one little meal stop you from achieving your goal darl....as the girls said put it into perspective!! I understand how hurt you would be by your BF's comments, but just remember, you are losing weight for YOU and no one else.......it doesn't affect him if you eat a big bowl of spag bog (he may have only been trying to help, but that probably wasn't the kindest thing to say!)..it only affects you directly....just keep going and put it behind you and just put it down to experience and use it to fuel you on towards losing the weight and gaining a healthier lifestyle!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Simmy » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:54 pm

Thanks for all your replies. You are all right - and I look back on it tonight and go 'so I slipped up, im back on the banwagon now'. As for the Nastie Pastie (and im sure he only did it because whenever i overeat i spend the next hour complaining that im full and my tummy hurts) I think next time he says that Im going to use Sarah's comment "no Im not hungry, Im just eating" CLASSIC!!! You guys all make me laugh!
Simmy

Return to Confessional