It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:59 pm

Free Newsletter

Nibbling

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Nibbling

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:16 pm

Okay, I know it's not major, but I have to confess all the same! I've been a bit nibbly today. Only a couple of things - a few little (and I mean little) nibbles of a couple of Apricot Delight rolls that Mum had in the cupboard (Mum has food lying around EVERYWHERE, it proves very difficult to avoid at times), and what would have added up to about a handful of air-popped popcorn.
I know it's not much, but this is how I slip back into constantly (and I mean constantly) snacking between meals. So I wanted to confess my sins before it got out of hand again!
I found myself wandering into the kitchen and peering into the cupboards and fridge all day. 95% of the time I managed to walk back out with just a glass of water and diet cordial, but those couple of times I did pick at those rolls and popcorn.

Just wanted to get that off my mind so I can start a fresh week tomorrow with a clear conscience :) It's such tough work not picking, I'm sure many of you can relate!!!

Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby slimmindown » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:40 pm

you are only human, dont be to hard on yourself, you are keeping yourself in check and I'm sure you will continue to be good.

I had a beer with tea tonight and thought well maybe I shouldnt have, but then thought its only one and I dont it all the time, but just felt like it for some reason. Its the moderation thing again I guess 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:53 pm

Thanks hun :)

You're right, everything in moderation :) One beer isn't something to beat yourself up about! It's if you had 6 that I'd be worried!!
Have you tried any of the new light beers yet?!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby slimmindown » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:13 pm

Yeah I really like the blonde beer by carlton draught, it tastes yum to me and is low carb. It helps to know if I'm having one then its got the lowest amount of carbs it can have, and i really like the taste 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Dee » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:50 pm

It helps to know I'm not the only one wandering longingly past the cupboard... LOL

Keep at it - this is not a case of simply making one decision, it's a million little decisions that will ultimately mean success for you.

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby SarahC » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:44 am

It is very hard to resist when there are tempting treats all over the place. I'm at my parents' place at the moment, and whenever I'm here I just can't seem to stay away from the kitchen. And when I'm not in there, I'm thinking about what's in there. Torture!!

Well done on only eating a small amount. Try and think of something else :wink:

Good luck for this week :D
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:45 am

never mind emma- you shouldnt deprive yourself of everything all the time. do you live at home still? i know that when i was living at home with mum i knew what she had in the cupboards and knew there wasnt anything good :? but since ive moved out of home - when i pop over there for a visit i always look around her fridge and cupboards! she has yummy bikkies and cashews! but i never have any.
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:36 am

Thanks guys :)
Yup, I still live at home! That's most of the problem because I'd never buy any of the stuff I pick at (eg the Bakers Delight stuff) because I KNOW I wouldn't actually sit down and eat the whole thing and record it in my food diary. I'd just pick and pick at it til it's gone. That's why I don't buy them!! Unfortunately, Mum does. And she does the exact same thing as me but she doesn't eat proper meals.
She is a baaaaaaad role model as far as eating goes!!! But that's okay, cos if I ever have kids I know what to avoid doing now!!!

Sarah - I know what you mean about thinking about what's in the kitchen/cupboards when you're not in there!! It's just torturing yourself isn't it!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Lols » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:35 am

yup i do attribute some of my atrocious eating habits to my parents! But now ive moved out i just dont buy the evil snack stuff so im not tempted.

But still cant get away from my parents eating habits ..... i went on a car trip with my mum on the weekend before we even got out of the city she pulled into macdonalds for a maccas brekky - i was proud of myself i only bought a bottle of water - then we went to a pub for lunch .... mum ordered a tasting plate for us both mmm chorizo and turkish bread and fetta ..... so i did partake in that but had a squid salad as my main and i did have a glass of vino so i was well behaved considering the temptations!

Get some nibblies that are healthy that you really like- in summer i love grapes .... they are so nice and sweet so while i watch a movie instead of popping malteasers in my mouth i eat grapes instead. Some of my other favourite nibblies are olives, pepperdews, riccotta cheese.
Lols

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:00 pm

Good work Lols, sounds like you enjoyed yourself but didn't go overboard!!! My mum has been dieting since she left home pretty much, has tried all sorts of things so she doesn't eat fast food or anything.. she doesn't eat much at all, but she picks at things throughout the day including lots of lollies!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Dee » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:00 pm

Wow, we all have the same Mum! My Mum is THE most obsessive person about my weight - and yet she too has been on a diet for as long as I can remember. This month she's telling me she's going to be a size 8 by September - (she's a size 16 - 18) and though I love her dearly, her unrealistic expectations drive me nuts!

Dee
[/url]
Dee

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:00 pm

Woah, that's crazy Dee!!!! I had a girl at work today saying how she feels guilty about eating, so she eats like 1 meal a day!! Imagine feeling guilty for eating that badly!!!!! I reckon it's come from her childhood as well.
Argh, if I ever have kids I'm going to make sure I don't pass on my naughty habits and ways of thinking!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Dee » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:51 pm

That's one of the main reasons I'm trying to sort my eating patterns out now, before I pass these bad habits onto my kids.

Dee
[/url]
Dee

Postby hushpuppy » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:15 pm

mums lol we love em but they can push the barriers of sanity lol . Mine has done a major baking run the last couple of days so now in the house we have lamingtons choc chip bikkies choc cake and cheese cake plus heaps of little patty cakes lol oh please some one blow up the oven
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:36 pm

Oh jeez!!! That's just mean, Jules :( You poor thing!!! Good luck with all the food she keeps baking, make other people eat it!! Offer it to people walking down the street! Hahah just kidding :P
zeedeveelgirl

Next

Return to Confessional