It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:40 pm

Free Newsletter

Out for Lunch Today

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Out for Lunch Today

Postby Pinkie » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:17 pm

I don't know if this was the right place to put it. We went for lunch today with our kids and thought we'd give them a treat. Not the healthiest of meals I know. I ordered the steak sandwich. Hubby ordered the same with an entree of garlic bread - and I didn't eat a bite of it :D I'm impressed with that because normally I'd scoff probably 1 and a bit!! I left it to him and the kids and he was :shock: amazed.

Then my lunch came and I ate it (there's lots of salad in there I was impressed!) and I had a couple of the fries and left the rest for hubby and the kids. I LEFT FOOD ON MY PLATE :shock: Woohoo!! I haven't had a bite to eat since then and that's just unheard of in this house. While it wasn't great food - I'm so happy I achieved that much!
Pinkie xx

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBH58xg/]
[/url]
Pinkie

Postby PaulaR » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:33 pm

Congratulations!!!!!!!! Not eating that garlic bread must have been such a challenge and to leave food behind is great for reducing your portion size. You must be so proud of yourself.
Cheers
Paula

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6zqcQc/]
[/url]
PaulaR

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:37 pm

wow marnie you have done four wonderful things at lunch todaY:

1. you ordered something that had plenty of salad on it- plus there are worse things you couldve ordered

2. you left the bread- i often read that its always best to avoid the breads and bread rolls etc whilst out for a meal.

3. you ate a couple of fries- not all of them!

4. and you left food on your plate! excellent!

thanks for sharing that with us- so you should be proud of your lunch out!
kate_turner2000

Postby Pinkie » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:27 pm

Thanks Guys !! I'm still dancing here!!

I've already thought ahead for tea too. I'm having a salad with some tuna and some frozen grapes for after. It's you guys that have helped me get to this place. I'm not perfect because I'm coming up to TTOTM but so far so good :wink:
Pinkie xx

[/url]
Pinkie

Postby SarahC » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:03 pm

Well done Marnie, sounds like you've had a great day! What great self restraint with the chips and garlic bread, and not cleaning your plate either. Very impressed :D Keep up the good work!
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:41 pm

hey marnie
what we have learnt on this forum is that most of us women have our monthlies at the same time haha. so we can whine and whinge together! lol. i love yummies around ttotm and its so hard not to give in. sometimes ill have a jarrah chocolatte and im right :) helps me heaps :)
kate_turner2000

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:22 pm

Actually a steak sandwich can be a pretty good choice...steak is relatively lean and there's that salad. Plus you left the garlic bread and the fries...WAY TO GO.

Now...tell me more about these frozen grapes. I am curious. Do you put fresh grapes in the freezer? For how long? Sounds interesting.
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Postby Pinkie » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:30 pm

Ooooooh Mary, you have to try them. Someone on here suggested them to me and I haven't looked back! Yes, fresh grapes into a container and I chuck them in the freezer in the morning. I usually put enough in to satisfy me as 'sweets' after tea. By dinner time they are frozen solid and sooooooo yummy! It's what's getting me through. LOL I may just buy enough to last me the next couple of months and have them all frozen :lol:
Pinkie xx

[/url]
Pinkie

Postby slimmindown » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:22 pm

Marnie sounds like you made some great choices for lunch, enjoy your frozen grapes for tea,sound yum 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:37 pm

Frozen grapes are delicious! So sweet and satisfying. Just don't leave them sitting there for days otherwise they go a tad brown :roll: :lol:
zeedeveelgirl

Postby KimE » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:37 pm

You did great Marnie, well done. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm

I have put grapes on my shopping list for tomorrow...I can't wait to try this...sounds like a nice and healthy snack
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Postby Simmy » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:17 pm

mmm grapes sound so good right now.. in my fridge too, however im fasting for a blood test, grr
Simmy

Postby Ally » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:05 am

If anyone likes lychees (yum) you can do the same with them....skin and all and then when they are frozen you just bite the top off and literally suck that little beggar out of his shell!! YUMMO!! (course I would recommend washing them before you put them in the freezer...learnt that the hard way!! LOL)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Return to Confessional