It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:02 am

Free Newsletter

Bloody Easter Eggs

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Bloody Easter Eggs

Postby PaulaR » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:39 pm

OMG, can you believe they've put Easter Eggs in the stores already. Well I can because I ate an entire Red Tulip Elegant Rabbit :cry: . I know, I know, an entire one, how, why. I have no idea why I bloody well did it as I've been on track and exercising like a mad woman. It was there and it was all shiny and pretty so I bought it and then I ate it. Once I'd started there was no going back. Then the questions in the head start, why'd you buy it, why'd you eat it - arghhhhhhh.

How do you let go of the guilt the follows something like this? Any suggestions. I just don't want to spend the afternoon and evening beating myself up but don't know how not to.

Thanks for listening.
Cheers
Paula

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6zqcQc/]
[/url]
PaulaR

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:09 pm

HI paula! i know what you mean. my aunty works for kmart and they get their easter stock in around xmas time. i couldnt believe it. think how gross that is -sitting in the storeroom with the rats until easter. *shudder*

i love red tulip and cadbury for easter. and when easter comes around i am definately having some chocolate! its all apart of easter but im steering clear of it all before easter.

but basically you cant turn back time. you started with the bunny and you finished. just steer clear of treats for the rest of the week and remember why you wanted to lose weight in the first place and what your goals are. keep smiling and drink lots of water to get those toxins out :)
kate_turner2000

Postby PaulaR » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:14 pm

Thanks Kate.

It's dreadful to think of eating it all but it is such lovely chocolate that Easter egg stuff. Luckily I think the OD has been enough to turn me off for a long, long time.

It's so nice to know you can tell someone without them thinking the worst of you. You guys are life savers.
Cheers
Paula

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6zqcQc/]
[/url]
PaulaR

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:28 pm

hey paula we arent saints here- we sometimes have a treat every so often :)

take care
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:59 pm

Sometimes you need to have a big binge on something just to get it out of your system. The good part of it is that you will not eat anymore chocolate for a while now - so no more choccy cravings :D Just try and put the day behind you and think about how good you're going to be for the rest of the week and how great you are going to feel!
SarahC

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:29 pm

these ladies are all right Paula...it's not worth the energy to worry about what has been done and cannot be changed.

Guilt is a really pointless, debilitating emotion. It's quite interesting that we women do this to ourselves a lot. We've been great mothers for years then we have a horrid moment and scream at our child and we focus on that one bad moment rather than the months/years of great parenting. The same thing is happening here...rather than focus on all the good work you've done you're in danger of letting one bad moment take over. So, don't let it. It's done. It happened. Big Deal. In the big picture it doesn't matter a jot. Plan to add an extra few minutes exercise each day for the next few days and/or eat a little less and don't give it another thought.
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Return to Confessional