It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:25 am

Free Newsletter

No exercise today :(

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

No exercise today :(

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:18 pm

Aarrgghhh I'm beating myself up at the moment for not exercising today!!! It was 40 degrees today and I worked in the morning so I planned to go and do RPM at the gym at 6:30pm.. I got to about 5pm and went "I'm not going, it's too hot". There's no air conditioning in the RPM room so I knew it'd be a stinker and I wasn't feeling the greatest.
So now I'm totally beating myself up about it!!! I'm going to try do something on Saturday morning before work because Saturday is usually my day off, either that or do both Step & Body Pump tomorrow night.. But now my mind just keeps thinking "you have to make that up, you're lazy" blah blah..
I just can't switch off that voice in my head!!!! I know people miss workouts all the time, but I'm obsessing about it!!
I need to just get over it, I think!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Jisgone » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:52 pm

i think guilt is the hardest thing about weight loss, i feel horrible if i eat junk or go a day without excercising but we need a rest sometimes! when i compare now to a year ago i do huge ammounts of excercise and very rarely eat junk so i know i have nothing to feel bad about but i guess it just feels like im not trying quite hard enough
Jisgone

Postby SarahC » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:00 pm

I've heard that it's a good thing to give your body a rest every so often. Makes the next workout you do even more effective. Not sure if it's true or not (hoping it is :) )
SarahC

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:10 pm

Sometimes life gets in the way Emma.

I had planned to do a 10km walk today but the Adelaide weather got the better of me. I did half before work (left the house at 5AM) but tonight even with the sun going down it is too darn hot to go out.

The idea of losing weight is to extend your life girlfriend...not shorten it by doing exercise in extreme temperatures :D

Don't beat yourself up too much...there are some things you simply cannot control. Weather and bosses are two that come to mind
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:12 pm

Yeah that's actually true Sarah.. our bodies do need a break from time to time from the exercise...
I probably did need a break because I've been training pretty damn hard, especially at work when I go for workouts!
I'm entitled to a day off once in a while!!! I've just got to convince myself of that :P
zeedeveelgirl

Postby KimE » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:43 pm

No, you are definitely lazy!! :P Just kidding, I didn't do anything either it was way too hot. Tried to motivate for weights when I got home and nothing doing! I agree we need rest. I find when I have been going at it harder than usual, something happens to make me slow down. My calf muscle has been playing up since Friday so I have taken it easy, so my body says well you're going to slow it down whether you like it or not....grrrr. Not very good at the 'take it easy' routine.

You workout hard Em so good on you for having a well deserved break. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby slimmindown » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:57 pm

I think Jewles makes a great point about reflecting on how much exercise we all did before our weight loss journey ,and how much we do now.
I know I get a bit thingy about exercising too, I didnt exercise yest because I had visitors and went to the tennis, so today did double the amount I normally do, but compared to this time last year, when I did no exercise ,well, I guess one day off here and there is nothing hey Emma. :)
thers has been a good post for me too :D little light bulb moments all over the place :lol:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:33 pm

That is so true about when you're going at it harder than usual and something happens to slow you down, Kim.. very good point!! I do deserve a day off here and there!! And Deb, you're right about comparing the exercise I do now to even a year and a half ago.. A year and a half ago I did NOTHING! Now I work out 6 days a week and I work out hard!

I made up for it today by doing both Step and Pump :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby KimE » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:27 pm

LOL I got tired just reading the words 'step' and 'pump'. Well done Em.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Confessional