It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:03 pm

Free Newsletter

Eating when you want to sleep

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Eating when you want to sleep

Postby Anne » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:28 pm

Hi! I was doing great for a couple of weeks, but now things have gotten crazy at work. I'm sleeping five hours a night if I'm lucky - and of course I've been eating instead! I'm afraid to look at the scales... Does anyone else have the same problem? And what do you do?
Anne

Postby KimE » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:58 pm

Do you mean eating instead of sleeping? Don't have that problem here. As much as I love eating, sleeping beats it hands down. Take a look at what your daily schedule and see if you can slow it down somewhere or have time to prepare healthy meals. Make sure you always have a healthy snack with you so you don't get caught out and go for the easy option. It is hard when things get difficult, that's when you need your habits to be in place more than ever.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Puffer » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:10 pm

I have SO much trouble not eating when I am studying, especially when I am studying late at night (when I wish I was sleeping!)

Im ashamed to say I bought a 6 pack of doughnuts and some anazac bikkies yesterday to study with and there is only one doughnut and half a pack of bikkies left :oops:

Being very busy in general is hard on a diet I think.
Puffer

Postby dietcoke » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:30 pm

Wow I probably never could have left that last doughnut so be proud that you did that. I'm an all or nothing kinda gal. I know if there's a packet of lollies or a block of chocolate there I'll generally have all of it. I have to give the rest away because if I don't I'll finish it and feel so sick and sorry for myself that I wont budge off the lounge for the rest of the day.

I have the same late night study problem. Still haven't fixed it yet, but because my study schedual isn't as intense at the moment I'm able to go to bed earlier. I try to have some herbal tea (a relaxing kind) - that way I still have the whole hand-to-mouth thing happening but not raiding the biscuit tin (another bonus is that drinking tea breaks up the bordem 'cause you have to have numerous bathroom breaks). But this doesn't always work (sometimes you just want to eat!).

If you get any really good tips/ideas let me know 'cause I have the same prob
dietcoke

Return to Confessional