It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:45 pm

Free Newsletter

Just say NO!

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Just say NO!

Postby lollilova » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:24 pm

Why is it so hard to say no to all the yummy temptations?

My Grandad died three days ago and I can't get back to Adelaide for the funeral. (Too hard to travel with a two year old and a 3 month old baby by myself from Karratha, via perth then on to Adelaide... what a nightmare just thinking about it! :shock: )

Devon (two year old) then came down with a mystery rash and I couldn't get into the docs for a week so we had to spend half of Monday at the hospital emergency just to find out it was nothing. Thank goodness, but its still better to check these things out, especially because he had a temp of 39.2 to go with it!!!

I'm aslo waiting for confirmation from the resort where we plan to get married so I can send out the invitations and no matter how many emails or phone calls are made I cant get a definitive answer.

So stress combined with more stress led me to eat crap. Why do I do it to myself? I know i should do some excercise and make something healthy, but I just can't be bothered. Even though I said that... I can put my two kids in the car and go down to the shops and buy a packet of lollies. What the?!?! :oops:

I need to say NO and I do believe I am trying, just not hard enough. Why does stress & grief always put a spanner in the works?

I need someone to slap me around the head a bit I think!

Ok, my boys are both asleep so I can go and do a bit of a work out.... so I will. See I am trying!

Bianca
Bianca x

lollilova

Postby Ally » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:50 pm

Goodness what a lot going on!!! Keep going Bianca, these things are trying no question there, but try and make healthy choices the best you can so as to not add to your frustration!! We are always here if you need to chat or vent!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby lollilova » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:14 pm

thanks Ally,

I have had a few bad days, but I can't let them get to me. I need to have a big sob about Opa (Grandpa in German) as the funeral is tomorrow and realise that I have to look after my own family, no matter what sort of mess I am in, my kiddies need me! :cry:

My hubby (well hubby to be) asked for Pizza yesterday and I really didn't want it but after I thought about all the yummy toppings I wanted it too. So I made a wholemeal base (usually use white four but decided against it) and had hardly any cheese as I don't like cheese anyway this was quite easy. So its the small changes that count, I just have to keep it up I guess and just say NO to the lollies and chocolate.

I just did 15 mins on the tredmill and 5 minutes on the bike and 10 minutes of yoga. Not bad considering I really didn't want to do it!

But I do feel much better afterwards. :)

I really do need to make time for exercise, its amazing how well my body feels afterwards, even if its only a few minutes at a time. I was using the excuse of the tredmill is too noisy (which it is!) and its right next to the boys rooms so it wakes them up, but it only wakes Devon up if he is at the end of his sleep. (anything would wake him up then!).

Thanks for letting me vent, I need it! :cry:

Bianca
Bianca x

lollilova

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:26 pm

a very wise woman once told me- this morning in fact- that eating that sort of food is only going to make you feel worse. we all have down times like this bianca, stay strong mate and you will be fine :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:28 pm

My sympathies to you and your family on the loss of you Opa, Bianca.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Lolly » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:50 pm

Bianca, don't beat yourself up about the slip ups you have had of late - they are stress related and will soon pass.....

The fact that you have changed a few things and stuck to them will see you through.

When I was attending counselling (I suffer from severe depression) my counsellor taught me to do "CBT" (cognitive behavioural therapy) and I have managed to apply it to every area of my life.

Basically what you do is turn negative thoughts into positives

ie - I feel bad about eating that pizza - now I will eat everything in the pantry (very negative) :cry:

turns into

I feel bad about eating that pizza...... Ok, now I will go and do 30 mins on the treadmill so it doesn't hurt my weightloss (positive) :D
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby Lolly » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:52 pm

Oh, I forgot to say, I am terribly sorry to hear about your Grandfather. I know how special my own granparents were to me and how sad I felt when they died. Just remember, they are watching over you, I see signs from time to time that they are still with me in spirit :D
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby SarahC » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:31 am

Sorry to hear about your grandpa Bianca :( I lost one of my grandpas late last year, so I know how you feel! I turned myself into a human eating machine for a good few days until I realised that it actually wasn't helping and was making me feel worse :(

I am sure that all our lost family members are still around watching over us in some way :)

Excercise does make you feel good doesn't it. I find it also stops the cravings for bad foods as well. The last thing I want to do after a workout is eat cakes or lollies, because I can't bear the thought of undoing all my hard work!

You are doing great Bianca, especially considering the stresses that you are under :wink:
SarahC

Postby lollilova » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:47 am

Thanks everyone.

The funeral is today, but I am feeling good about myself. That exercise worked yesterday! I am just hoping that I can stick to it, at least for a while anyway. I agree that our loved ones are still with us... I just hope that they don't watch everything I do :oops: lol

Have just joined in on the Feb challenge so hopefully that will motivate me a bit more, and keep my mind off things.

I have a different perspective on things today, things are looking a little brighter :D

Thanks Lolly about the CBT - I will see if I can use it a little each day.

B
Bianca x

lollilova

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:43 am

good to hear that you a bit cheerier today. just take it easy :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:55 pm

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa Bianca, it's difficult losing anyone close to us.

You sound like you are holding it together and taking good care of yourself and your family in the process. Well done on the exercise front, keep up the great work.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Confessional