It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:24 am

Free Newsletter

Lite Chocolate

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Lite Chocolate

Postby Aquagirl » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:55 pm

Ok so I recovered from my devouring of home made rocky road. It was all good, back and the wagon, etc. :D

Then I tasted Cadburys lite chocolate for the first time and convinced myself its not much different to normal chocolate. So I continued to eat the whole 75grams. :shock: What is my problem with chocolate? I have been able to resist the other no so good things I have to avoid on my diet, why the heck not chocolate? Arrgghh! :x

Postby Ally » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:07 pm

you may have to eliminate it from your diet altogether until you can control it...or just buy the single fun size (available from most corner shops and 7 to 7 seven stores. Only buy one, and see how you go with that.

Postby lollilova » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:21 pm

We can all sympathise with you Aquagirl, as I am sure most of us have one item we just cant give up, or control the urge to have! :oops:

Cadbury's have a lite chocolate? You really shouldnt have told me that one!!!!!!!

I am going through the same with sugary treats, I am trying hard though to control it. Try and have a big glass of water first and then see if you really need or want it. I have found it helps a little for me, or I believe Kate (correct me if I am wrong!) keeps suggesting the Jarrah Chocolates? They are really yummy and it works too!

You can't dwell on the past, all you can do is change the future. (its easier said than done).

Bianca x

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:40 pm

ally is right- eliminate all together til you can control it. as bianca said treat your cravings with a jarrah. they work wonders. i love the darrell lea low carb chocolate! better than cadbury lite- and the way i look at it is cadbury is pure indulgence! i wouldnt trade in the proper chocolate for the lite one any day! haha.

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:33 pm

For me it's potato chips. Honestly I can vacuum those things into my body. If I even look at a shop where there is a box of them stored out the back in a dis-used lavatory with a lion guarding the door I will find a way to get to them and eat them. And I'm not talking about snack packs or 50g packs but 200g packs and sometimes more than 1 of those at a session.

So I share your frustration at having such overpowering cravings for one thing.

For me I'm dealing with it the same way I learned to quit smoking. At the beginning of that journey (I quit cold turkey about 18 months ago after nearly 20 years of smoking) one of the things I learned and took to heart was to not think about giving up forever but to break it down into whatever time period is manageable at the time.

For example you have a craving and you make a pact with yourself not to have a cigarette (or a piece of chocolate or a potato chip) for the next hour (or next 10 minutes if you can't cope with an hour). Say it out loud if you have to "I will not eat chocolate for the next 60 minutes". Tell someone about your pact (even tell us here online if there's no one around to tell).

It might sound a little odd but it worked for me in the early days of coping with cigarette cravings and the same thing is working with potato chips. When I have a craving I tell myself I can have some later but not for the next hour. Often the craving goes away after the hour and, if it doesn't, I make a new pact when the old one expires.

Hope this helps
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)

Return to Confessional