It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:41 pm

Free Newsletter

That's Amore!!

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

That's Amore!!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:44 pm

well as u would know we went out for dinner last night. we were suppose to meet up with a friend i went to school with but she cancelled at the last minute because her son was sick. so mick and i went out anyway. we went to our fave italian restaurant. we shared a cheesy garlic bread entree and a jug of coke between us. then i had this thing called chicken milano. *drool* it was served on bed of tagliatelle pasta and it was a creamy chicken breast in a mushroom and capsicum sauce. then we had to wait AN HOUR for our bloody bill, and in the end we got up and went to the front desk and i said to them 'we couldve just walked out without paying and you wouldnt even know'. we should have! had to wait another 20 minutes for them to bring the bill to us at the front counter. then the restaurant is next to a club where i used to work so we went in there and bumped into micks very well off cousins whose wedding we went to back in 2005 at taronga zoo (same place bec and lleyton had their reception). so we had a quick chat to them and mick had a beer and i had a water. and then we got dessert- ice cream. and played some keno and went on the censored for 5 minutes. and then we played the chocolate machine but we only won a fun sized twirl. on the way out of the club i saw the new krispy kreme doughnuts shop that has recently opened there and i pined for a doughnut but changed my mind! i had eaten so much already!

anyway i had a great night out and a good break from my little one and i just thought i would confess just to show people that even once you reach your goal there will be special occasions where you need to enjoy yourself.
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:46 pm

Oooh sounds like a really nice night out Kate. An hour for the bill!! That is terrible service. Too many places just don't know how to give you good service.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:50 pm

tell me about it! i was hungry again before i left the building- just kidding. i told mick not to give them a tip!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:54 pm

Absolutley right. They don't get tips if the service isn't good. Maybe they were hoping you would order another meal and that is there strategy. Keep 'em in here until they want more food.

Oh and here is something to watch out for. When they come and ask you if you want dessert almost immediately after taking your dinner plates. This is a strategy as if they leave you 20 mins or more you will realise you are full and don't need any dessert. I had a friend actually get told this by a waitress...that it was what they were told to do.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:10 pm

its so true kim its when they come and asked if we wanted dessert that we said no can we have the bill and they never came back!!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Justjudy » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:41 pm

It sounds like you had a lovely night Kate (apart from the crappy service). It is great to take some time off and let loose every now and again. I have my best friend arriving here in about a week and a half. She will be here for two weeks, and we will probably let loose a couple of times in that time as my birthday is on while she is here. I am not going to worry about it. I will leave the kids with Aunty Lolly, and go and eat, drink and kick my heels up - it has been about 4 1/2 months since I did it anyway. :D

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

good on ya judy- u deserve to let your hair down a couple of times whilst ur mate visits. its a rare occurance for us all isnt it!
kate_turner2000

Postby Lolly » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:49 pm

Thats right poor Aunty Lolly gets the kids and doesn't get to go out :cry:

At least if they misbehave I have heaps of places to bury small bodies at my new house :lol:

Kate, I would write a letter of complaint to the owner of the restaurant for the poor service - they at least need to know that your dining experience wasn't up to par with the food so they can kick the waitresses in the shins and tell them to lift thier game a bit. AND, the bonus of that is, quite often you will get invited back for a freebie dinner as well :wink:
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:50 pm

good idea lolly im gunna do that this week!
kate_turner2000

Postby Fairie » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:00 pm

Glad you enjoyed your night out Kate. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Ally » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:41 pm

Lolly you shouldn't be going out at the moment you should be packing up your house1!! :P :P :P :P :P (then when you are on baby sitting duties, you get them to help you!!)

hehehehe Judy let loose, bet that would be a scream!!'

Glad you enjoyed your night Kate!!!! It is great to have some time with just you and Mick!! I love it when Scott and I get time on our own!!! Glad you enjoyed your dinner (I had to wipe drool off my mouth!!)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Chelle » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:49 pm

Sound's like you had an awsome time out kate pitty about the service though. Sound's yummy what you ate for dinner....

MMM krispy Kreme I have not had one of those in 3 years but tomorrow when I go to the airport to go to Hong Kong I'm going allow myself to have one chocolate coated with sprinkles as I found out that they have them at both internation & domestic airports I can't wait I have been craving them for years as I live 5 hours away from one of those store's
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:31 am

might as well treat urself chelle!!! i hope u have a great time overseas we cant wait to see some photos!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Justjudy » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:38 am

Ally wrote:hehehehe Judy let loose, bet that would be a scream!!

Ally, you don't know the half of it. Julia and I have a ball when we are out. We really do know how to paint the town red, and we haven't been out since before I moved in the beginning of December, so we have some catching up to do :lol:

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Ally » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:07 pm

hahahhha that would be a sight for sure!!! Look out.......where do you live again??? :lol: :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Return to Confessional