It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:51 am

Free Newsletter

STILL no star...

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

STILL no star...

Postby Mandie » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:21 pm

Okay, boot needed!

Someone give me a kick up the you-know-what because I'm having so much trouble with motivation!

It's all excuse after excuse at the moment.. I actually walked a bit today because I parked the car far away, but that was a bad idea because now I have blisters from my new pretty shoes! So of course I used the blisters as an excuse not to go to the gym...

*sigh*

I was so motivated last year, and now I just can't bring myself to care.. I'm struggling to remember how fun going to the gym is!

So um yeah.. someone help me out here.. I really want to go tomorrow, but I have to WANT to go, know what I mean? HELP!
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:40 pm

Image Mandie! sorry i dont have a boot!!! however make a list of the reasons u wanted to lose weight in the first place and add anything new to it since then. like the fact that ur man is coming to live in perth and you owe it to yourself to make it known to him what he has been missin girlfriend!!! seriously you know how to lose the weight and you want to get fit and healthy. dont u finish ur degree at the end of this year? you can do it mandie, i believe in ya!! Image
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:55 pm

Will this help?
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby milkyway » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:04 pm

grrr... pressed the wrong button. I hate that I can't edit my posts...

Here ya go! A bit kick in the pants :P Now get thee to the gym and sweat sweat sweat.

Or maybe it's time to find another physical activity that you enjoy doing and you'll look forward to doing it again?

Or it could just be that you're no longer excited by your current workout programs (hence your lack of motivation) and need to mix it up and change things about a bit.

How about setting a mini goal, or doing a fitness challenge and trying to improve on that in the coming weeks (e.g. how far can I run/walk in ten mins, how many push-ups, sit-ups, lunges, etc. can you do in a minute). Do it with a friend and compete with each other.

I'm guessing other things have recently changed in your life, such as going back to uni, so I think it's only natural that you go through a wobbly bit as you try to ease into a new routine. Don't beat yourself up.

Kate's posted some good advice above to look at the bigger picture and reaffirm with yourself why you're doing this. All the best :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Mandie » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:25 pm

Okay.. I'll try writing a list of things to motivate myself..
(oh and yeah kate, I graduate in November)

1. The gym actually RANG ME UP today to ask if I was coming back (I suspended my membership while I was away for 3 months)... I told the annoyingly perky girl I'd come tomorrow...

2. Even though he likes me just the way I am, I'd still like to impress the boy's friends and family (when I eventually meet them) with how stunningly hot I am...

3. I don't wanna be a fat doctor telling other people to lose weight and walking around like a BIG GIANT FAT HYPOCRITE all day!

4. I want to shop in regular stores - for pants (I can already buy tops and some skirts and dresses there but pants are my final frontier)

5. I want to keep up with my friends when we do physical things (i.e. the trek in Thailand where I slowed EVERYONE down)

Hmm.. will that do for now? I guess we'll see...
Mandie

Postby Mandie » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:31 pm

Oh.. that was a good idea milkyway.. I go well with goals!

I have a goal of 13 stars by the end of March (a star being under 1500kcal balance and 30 mins exercise at least) and I'm still hoping to make it..

I'm going to make some more cross-trainer specific goals tomorrow - my previous best was 30 minutes on level 9 (I think?) so I'll see where I'm at - I expect my fitness dropped off a bit while I was away so I will aim at achieving that again, and then will increase it...

Thanks for the boot :D
Mandie

Postby SarahC » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:44 am

You can do it Mandie! Some great reasons listed there too... just stick some band-aids on those blisters and get on with it :D You'll get that star today :wink:
SarahC

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:57 am

Hey Mandie,

Are you bored with gyming?

Why not try something else that will energise you while still having fun. Like riding your bike to uni, get to feel the wind in your hair, look at scenery (if you’re like me and have to exercise with music take your ipod along) try some latin/ballroom/belly dancing. Go for swims. And once you get into the swing of enjoying your exercise you'll want to hit the gym again.

Another thing that might motivate you is your graduation. If your uni is like mine your graduation ceremony won't be for a few months after your official finish day so you've got a good time frame to work at getting yourself fitter, sleeker and toner to look fab for those pictures you'll have to pose for :)

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby Mandie » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:18 am

Ooh.. some great ideas there!

You're right.. I don't "officially" graduate until April or so 2008 (even though I will have been working as a doctor since January!) so that's a really good goal for me! My long term plan is to be well and truly at goal by my 25th birthday (October 24, 2008)... but maybe I will aim at my graduation to be bloody close!
Mandie

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:26 am

You can do it, you can do it! Go Mandie Go. That's 12 months till graduation. You'll reach your goal.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby KimE » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:14 pm

You can do it Mandie!

There is also a new dance fitness DVD out that is Bollywood dancing (you know the Indian style stuff), sounds like fun. Gonna try and pick it up and will let you all know.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Confessional