It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:41 am

Free Newsletter

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby endoftheworld » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:59 pm

It's become a habbit for me over the last 2 years to come home from school and stuff myself with crap.

Everyday I get home from school I look for stuff to eat, and sometimes its as bad as, chips, then a sandwich, and ice-cream all within 1 hour.

today I got home, made a fruit smoothie as i told myself i wouldn't eat junk, then i notice a pack of ice-creames in the freezer. ate 2.

I'm really annoyed with myself.

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:41 pm

hey endoftheworld

you did well with the smoothie. its hard i know, i remember being at school and coming home in the arvos and stuffing myself. it was worse in year 12 when we would go to maccas for lunch cos my friends could drive and stuff like that. it was also easy whilst doing essays and assignments to shut myself in my room with a bag of junk food.

maybe its best to preplan some snacks. like air popped popcorn or frozen yogurt. keep gum handy to keep your mind thinking that you have already eaten because you are chewing.

Postby KimE » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:57 am

Kate's right plan some healthy snacks for those times when hunger attacks. I also used to get in from work and eat whatever I could lay my hands on. Now I have a healthy snack of some sort of hi-fibre crackers with low fat cottage cheese and tomato about 15 mins before I leave work and I don't get that same craving and can wait for dinner.

Preparation can make a world of difference.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Chelle » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:59 am

Hey endoftheworld, it takes 28 days to break a bad habbit, like kate said prepare healthy meals for when you come home from school. Try a daily food diary to write down what you ate for the day, mabe have a note at the cubbard to remind you not to have the un healthy snacks, keep at it with drinking lots of water & exercise & you will get to your goal weight in no time!!!

Keep it easy bro

Postby Nathan » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:59 pm

Hey endoftheworld

Your story rings so familiar to many I'm sure, I know it does me. When I was around your age I used to get picked on both at school and by my family for being too skinny. Whether or not it was because of this or something else I too used to come home and eat a bucket load of crap, which was fine when I was training every afternoon, but not so fine after I stopped training. I eventually developed a life long bad habbit of eating whatever I wanted when ever I wanted.

Its great you recognise this so early, give yourself heaps of gold stars for that.

If you can, try writing down what you eat, and why, were you hungry, bored, cheesed off, happy, sad etc. Get to know why you eat and when. It will help you develop strategies to get around it.

For example, do you eat when you get home because you are bored, if so, what else could you do to not be bored. Do you eat the junk food because its there... can you ask the parentals to not have it in the house. Are you eating when you are cheesed of or feeling down, try finding ways to change how you feel, music, hobby, talking to a friend etc.

Knowing you are going to come home bored and eat, have something ready to go when you get in, something more good for you than ice creams etc.

Good luck bro, keep in touch, we'll be thre for you.

Postby endoftheworld » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:39 am

boredom definately, thats why when im at school i find it so easy not to eat bad things.

When i have nothing to do i just tend to wander into the kitchen :(

Postby Dee » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:05 pm

MAn can I relate to this!

I drove past MacDonalds today and thought - I'm hungry. I wasn't, but just seeing the golden arches stimulates that response in me. UNBELIEVABLE!

Well done to you for working hard to change this habit. By making sure you have something decent to snack on when you get home from school you can take the destructive power out of this habit. Good luck, keep us posted.

Return to Confessional