It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:14 am

Free Newsletter

Massive Easter Blow-out

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Massive Easter Blow-out

Postby Sassygirl » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:35 pm

I am feeling like total shite today as I have blown out my diet big time (didn't help that it is nearing TTOM and I just craved everything and anything). We went away to a place called Snag Island (for all West Aussies it is near Leemin and Green Head) and I started out the time ok having only had a few hot chips and 1/2 sweet chilli chicken strip (gotta love Petrol Station food) that the kids decided they were not going to eat (also hate wastage!!). The next morning I was good, lunchtime even better, dinner did ok as it was Good Friday we had fish and chips (mine was grilled). Ok I hear you saying "Where is this massive blow out that you have been talking about?" well it basically started yesterday with me scoffing about 5 kingston biscuits, 5 shortbread creams, some chicken potato chips, hot chips, those sweet chilli chicken strips again and the dreaded EASTER EGGS. Then today really pushed me over the limit. Here is what I ate today only:

1. Kids easter eggs
2. Potato chips
3. Biscuits
4. More chocolate
5. Pizza sub (chicken and bbq sauce)
6. Home made lasagne (2 pieces)
7. Garlic bread (2 pieces)
8. More chocolate
9. Cold sausage (leftover)

and now I am really feeling it as my stomach is sore (not sure if it is because of food or TTOM).

Oh well I am back on the diet mill as of tomorrow (I joined TF about 2 weeks ago so now have to go back through the ketosis process as I have eaten way toooooo many carbs).

Hope everyone had a great easter - I just wish my children would eat the chocolate alot quicker cause I am sick of it calling me from their bedrooms).

ANyway thanks for listening to my rambling - I am not off to punish myself on the treadmill.
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Vegetable » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:39 pm

LOL the only way to go is up mate :)
God, I ate nearly identical to you! Minus the sausage and add in some fruitcake :D sad sad sad but hey, like christmas, easter only happens once a year, so who cares in the long run? Have fun with the treadmill! :D
Vegetable

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:42 pm

hey michelle

back on the wagon mate. drink lots of water to flush those toxins. i went to a bbq last night and i felt ill from all the meat- i only had chicken breast and grilled potato slices on the bbq but there wasnt any salad at all so i felt yuck!

we are all understanding mate. we have been there and probably done heaps worse than that.
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:03 am

Thanks - somehow it feels better after you confess - although my stomach is still massively bloated. Anyway tomorrow is a new day - and I will get back on my bicycle. I have another huge weekend coming - my brother-in-laws engagement party - fingers crossed for me :(
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Mandie » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:46 am

good luck for tomorrow and onwards! don't worry about today - its over!

as far as the party goes - there was a thread around here a while ago about some good strategies to prevent yourself overindulging at the party.. maybe you can be a designated driver, that way you have an excuse to avoid alcohol (or only have 1-2 glasses). make sure you eat something before you go, so you aren't starving and snacking on unhealhty appetizers and stuff...

or you could just have a great week with exercising and eating healthily, and then allow yourself the night off.. it's all up to you mate :)
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:13 am

kates daily tips might have a couple of hints and strategies in there ;)

michelle it is nice having all these special occasions but sometimes you just wish for a break!! i dont know if you like a challenge or not but set some ground rules before you go to the engagement party on what you will consume throughout the night. i always challenge myself at shopping by walking down the chocolate aisle! you can do it mate!
kate_turner2000

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:29 am

Don't beat yourself up to much all things considering it was 1 day out of 365 days. The holiday seasons are the hardest and considering you only ate the "not so good food" 1 day out of 7 you did good. You've got the right attitude but jumping right back on the horse.

I know what you mean about TTOM. The week before TTOM I just want to devour everything in sight. My hunger is never ending and I can't stay away from the strawberry jam on toast :twisted:

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Return to Confessional