It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:52 pm

Free Newsletter

The Easter Break

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

The Easter Break

Postby Ally » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:51 am

Well although I had a great time socially....my eating sucked...I didn't over-indulge in the chocolate (see PP for what I had), but the flavoured milks were my down fall...and too much meat...we took out bags of salad so it was quick and easy, but healthy too....well we stocked the fridge up when we got there and proceeded to go to the dam for a swim...we had an extremely late dinner on the Friday night (around 10pm) as no one checked the gas bottle, so we had to wait for the wood-fire to be stoked up....no one wanted salad so it was just meat, spud and onion.....next night, went to fridge and the bloody salads were frozen.....soggy lettuce and ferral cabbage, just aren't a good combo....so we are stuck 50km out of town, with no salad or veg (my family is not the healthiest)..so apart from being filled up with milk and meat...I am now constipated :roll: from so much protein!! ARRGGHHH :evil: I came home yesterday and basically slept for 3 hours as I was just feeling so yukky and didn't know why....then after reading Lolly's post, it hit me that it is because of the food I had eaten...I got up after that 3 hours and felt soooo sluggish and horrible and Scott said to me "you look terrible hon, are you ok" I couldn't explain what was wrong!!

Scott also had a bit of an accident over the break, which has led to him having to have a couple of days off work.....men and bbq's :roll: he was cooking up some leg ham fat for the dogs and he lifted the plate off the wood fire and he thought he had it straight, but it was tipped towards him and the hot fat hit his thigh and ran down his leg....he has a lovely burnt foot and his thigh fortunately is only a bit burnt as it hit his shorts first...every one thought it was just a hot ember until he came into the light and I saw the stream down the front of his leg.....it could have been so much worse, so we are thankful that although it is bad, it is not as bad as it could have been.....he cannot put shoes on, so he is off work for a bit :roll:

ok whinge over..........
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:24 am

hey ally thats no good about scotts accident. tell him i said that i hope he feels better soon. i can imagine how bad it hurts. i freak if i burn myself only a little bit on the saucepans or oven!!

i know what you mean about the protein thing. the bbq i went to on sunday didnt have any salad. all meat and potatoes. i felt sick til yesterday arvo. now its ttotm for me and i feel and look like shite! i hope you feel better soon. drink lots of water mate it will help shift things for you!!!

stupid salad stuff! our fridge always freezes lettuces. i dont know why and its not even on medium coldness in the fridge. so i usually buy lettuce the day i need them.

anyway besides all that stuff i hope that you and the family had a lovely easter and the kids were spoiled by the bunny!! i missed ya
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:11 am

oh no, poor scott! men and their bbqs huh? hope he's better soon!

don't worry about the overindulgence hun.. i think we all did it, bloody easter!

it might be good to remember this feeling of sluggishness and stuff though.. maybe next time if you remember you will know not to eat so much..

time to get back on track now ally.. you can do it :D
Mandie

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:18 am

Glad to hear your hubby wasn't as badly burnt Ally. I feel the same way after I eat meat so I usually only eat meat once a week. I hate that fullish/sluggish feeling and the constant stomach cramping.

Today is a new day, and no time like the present to move on ahead with your journey. I bet you'll be eating lots of fruit and veg this week :D

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby Justjudy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:54 pm

Hope that Scott is on the mend very soon Ally.

Put the weekends eating behind you and get some fruit and veg into you and you will be feeling in the pink again in no time. We all have weekends (and sometimes weeks at a time) where things are all out of our control or we are out of control, but the trick is to black out that week in our diaries and start again from where you were before the uncontrolled time.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Ally » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:25 am

Thanks guys and I shall pass you well wishes onto Scott...he is not a happy camper at the moment as he has had to miss work for a couple of days.....

Yeah I am in pity mode at the moment....had a bad eating day yesterday and now have to pull my finger out and get back to it...I really loathe myself when this happens and I just want to be able to kick my own arse!! Iam going out today to get a stock of fruit and veg and am going to make a vege soup to have as snacks for the next few days, to try and rid me of this horrible, sluggish feeling..

I miss being here too Kate! I won't be around so much either this week as it is school holidays and the kids demand my attention!! hehehe.....I love having them home!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:59 am

hey ally enjoy the school holidays! you will be fine once you get the fresh food into your system. i myself am heading off to the fruit and vegie shop today. im making stew for dinner :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:06 am

oh yummy Kate's famous stew!!! actually that sounds quite nice for dinner....think it may be Rosemary Beef Casserole for dinner in this house tonight!!! 8)
[/url]
Ally

Postby SarahC » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:10 pm

Sorry to hear about Scott's accident... hope he is feeling better soon!

Hope you are recovering from Easter. How annoying about he frozen salad. The hot veggie soup sounds like just the thing to cure the full tummy feeling... been having a bit of that myself. Yum :D
SarahC

Return to Confessional