It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:30 pm

Free Newsletter

didn't see this one coming

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

didn't see this one coming

Postby pino » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:53 am

im so frusterated and angry with myself right now, i cant even look in the mirror. last night i had a headache so i just lay down and watched tv. i had a good day with my eating but i was feeling down because of the headache. i had even lost my appetite. but out of nowhere, i just got up and started eating. noone was home. what annoys me most is that there were no temptations and i wasnt even hungry! packets of tim tams, cookies and donuts. its times like these that i sometimes think i'll never lose the weight. why do i keep sabotaging myself? the way it affects me isnt even about the content of the food anymore. i had the worst night's sleep, woke up sicker than ever, and skipped uni lectures today (even though i have exams next week!!!) coz i couldnt bear the thought of leaving home.

what do i do? :cry:
pino

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:34 am

hey pino did you notice that those foods you ate didnt make you feel better at all? remember that next time you go to reach for foods like that. you can overcome these habits and create healthier ones. unfortunately you need to pick yourself up and get moving. go for a walk or do some exercise. take some nurofen/panadol etc to help ease the headache and the yucky feeling. dont give up hope. it takes a couple of weeks to get your body into the swing of things. i found my body was stubborn too and it still is. forget yesterday, its in the past, think of today and tomorrow and the next day etc.
kate_turner2000

Postby Kaz » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:03 pm

Hi Pino I completely understand where you are coming from when you say about sabotaging your good efforts. It is an awful habit that takes a lot of time and patience to break. You think to yourself that you have done really well for a couple of days or weeks and you have lost this much so far so this won't hurt much then you have a monster binge feel incredibly depressed and wonder why you bother at all. The amount of times that I have gone through this is too many to count.

The reason you are feeling so sick today is because you had a sugar overload. When I first started to change my eating habits I made sure that I had diet jelly in cups in the fridge at all times so if I had the sweet craving at all I could have that instead and not do any damage. If you can don't have any of the "evil" foods in the house. I make sure when I do the shopping that there is nothing that I can binge on in the house and if I am that desperate then I have to get up and drive to the shops and when I stop and think about it I usually can't be bothered.

I am an "all or nothing" person in that I can not have just 1 tim tam or whatever I have a compulsion to eat the lot. Finally accepting this and ending my excuse phase has helped me alot to see the damage I was doing to myself.

If it helps you next time you feel like having a binge get onto the website as you will find someone else on at the same time and post how you are feeling. Within seconds you will get a response and this will help you deal with the situation as you are not alone. There are so many of us all going through a similar thing that we all want to help each other.

Hope this has helped you feel better. :mrgreen:

Kaz

Starting Weight: 94 kg (2 September 08)
Current Weight:93 kg
Goal Weight: 75 kg

1st goal is to lose 5 kg.... Reward Dye my hair!!!
Kaz

Postby pino » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:40 pm

thanks so much for the support guys. it really does help. its so easy to give it all up over one incident. i'm definitely also an "all or nothing" person. ive been much better since then and surprisingly still managed to lose abit of weight despite what happened. i'll be sure to post something here before anything happens next time!
pino

Postby Dee » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:46 pm

Hey Pino - you can't just wake up one morning and decide that you will never eat crap again. This is hard work, and every time you say no - be proud of yourself. Sure you'll slip up occassionally, but this is okay - you are making life changes - and even skinny people splurge soemtimes...

Forgive yourself and keep going... Success is not achieved in the absence of failure - it is achieved by continuing to try after a failure.
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

never mind..keep going

Postby Aquarian » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:22 pm

Hi Pino
I had a similar incident on sunday but the best thing is to put it aside and keep going. You say you didn't want to leave the house.. does that happen a lot, like it might be a phobia or anxiety thing? coz this has happened to me before and I was shocked that I could not bring myself to leave the house and go shopping. It was a real effort, but I did feel better after forcing myself to do so.
aquarian
A closed mouth gathers no feet
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0RQlKw/]
[/url]
Aquarian

Postby Luna » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:34 pm

Pino, I can really identify with what happened and I have done it many times myself. :oops: It's true what all the others have said, it takes a long time to break this habit and the most important thing is not to let slip ups make you lose hope and fall back to your old eating habits. I'm so glad to see that you're back on the wagon again and I'm sure that the damage was minimal.
Luna

Return to Confessional