It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:52 pm

Free Newsletter

Winter makes me hungry

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Winter makes me hungry

Postby madeline » Wed May 30, 2007 9:39 pm

It's terrible... today was so so so cold, I definitely ate more than usual. I didn't even realise I was doing it, until I went to write my diet journal. I also have to upside my coffee because I finish it so fast to keep warm.
I am dressing as warm as humanly possible but I still want to stay cute (I don't want to look like a giant marshmallow hehe)

Is anyone else feeling the cold and the cravings?

Madz
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby Chelle » Wed May 30, 2007 10:29 pm

Yes it is so cold where I have moved, I'm not use to it. Yeah about a month a go I was so hungry all the time it lasted 2 weeks it felt like it lasted 4ever. I think it is this time of year where you go for items/food that will keep you warm inside
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu May 31, 2007 9:20 am

for sure. at least in summer i find i am eating things like salads more often. theyre easy and convenient too. whereas in winter you seem to pick all day long and at the end of the day think

"jeez i cant believe i ate so much today"
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu May 31, 2007 9:37 am

I can totally relate to that - it was FREEZING yesterday and looks to just get colder (gotta love those southerlies from Antarctica - but we should get some snow at least)
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby milkyway » Thu May 31, 2007 10:28 am

I can totally relate, too.

I am using my upcoming exam as an excuse not to exercise, but really, it's the cold keeping me indoors. What's my excuse going to be next week when it's all over :? :?

I'm also finding it hard too to drink my 2L of water a day. I'm just not enjoying room temp water at the mo' because it's... cold! And I hate cold water. I might have to nuke it for a few seconds to make it 'drinkable'.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby sassi » Thu May 31, 2007 12:16 pm

truer words were never spoken! i ate for australia yesterday. oops.

today i'm on a mission. but i just had a banana and it's as if it made me hungrier :shock: normally that only happens when i eat apples.

does anyone else every find that they're hungrier after they eat an apple than before?
sassi

Postby Sassygirl » Thu May 31, 2007 12:26 pm

I find that whatever I eat for lunch or dinner - I crave something sweet right afterwards - and then that starts the downward spiral of continuously bad eating!!!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu May 31, 2007 12:56 pm

im the same michelle, after a meal i always crave sweet things. i think thats why dessert was invented haha
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:41 am

Winter is terrible for overeating!! I can relate totally!! The best thing to do is have some low cal snacks on hand to help warm your tum, but not add to the scales....I am no doubt a broken record on the vege soup, but 1 cup of soup (without any added carbs) will fill you up without adding hardly any cals to your day......also some of the cup-a-soup ranges are good too.....Through winter I don't like to eat salads that much but I will cook extra veges at night to have the next day at lunch through winter....even I have a sandwich I will heat up the extra veg to munch on after that if I am still hungry.... :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:50 pm

Winter has officially hit but here in Queensland its way too hot to rug up.

I remember last winter. I was constantly craving warm dishes to keep me warm. I lived on hot chocolate or mocha's and lots of yummy soups.

I know what you mean about looking cute. Two years ago I spent Christmas and new years in the UK and I bought lots of funky trenches, coats, boots and even a white parka jacket (yes I looked like a giant marshmallow but it kept me warm it was so cold I thought I would die from frostbite :lol: ). It's to warm here to wear them so all my beautiful coats are packed away.

I went into FCUK the other day and saw this cute parka jacket that comes mid thigh, it is so cute and would look great with boots and tights or skinny legged jeans. I was so tempted to buy it, decided against it as I its too hot to wear it.

The point of my long winded babble is that there are lots of cute warm clothing. Trenches are back and you can dress them up or down. Cue has some great ones.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby jeshka » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:30 pm

oh my god, winter is such a curse!! And for me, not being used to the freezing NSW weather makes it so much harder. I haven't been able to afford to buy all new winter clothes, so I'm still wearing all my QLD winter clothes, but just layering them (3 shirts, 2 pairs of socks, stockings under pants, jacket + scarf and still cold!! ahhh!).

I haven't been over-eating, but I've been eating the nice warm wintery foods like 2 minute noodles, chicken noodle soups, warm bread rolls (you see a pattern here) for lunch! I'm sure they're not that great for me but it beats a salmon salad when it's only 16 degrees!!
jeshka

Return to Confessional