It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:45 am

Free Newsletter

Fell off the wagon!!

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Fell off the wagon!!

Postby Loralai » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:32 pm

Hi everyone.

Well after your fabulous welcome and me losing my first kilo, I have fallen off the wagon. I am sure I have put that back on if not more.

I do of coarse have a million and one excuses. Its just not good enough though is it. All the excuses in the world are not going to move the weight.

I keep sabotaging myself and getting depressed and thinking Im never going to lose it so I might as well just do nothing and keep eating. I dont want to feel this way.

I saw an old friend at the shops today and I was mortified. I ducked down isles to get away from him so he didnt see me as I am so embarrassed about my size. I know he saw me but I just didnt make eye contact. I just feel sick about the whole thing and feel very down on myself.

Well there's my confession/ vent/ feel sorry for myself rant.

Im just gonna have to get off my butt and do something, no good feeling sorry for myself.

Postby BigM » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:07 pm

Its too bad about that kilo Loralai, but there is always hope in shedding more in the future. I think that the main focus is to try and become self-confident. You shouldn't give up because of a setback, there is always another chance to get things right. The best thing to do would be to try and refocus yourself on the task at hand. I think by worrying about the situtation you will become more vulnerable to overeating. There is always help out there, whether it be among your friends or within this very community, there is no shame on how you look, despite the way you think, and by taking it one step at a time, you can achieve your goal.

The main thing which keeps me focus on my dieting is to find the healthy food which you love most. For me, i love sushi and vegetables, so i try to replace any opportunity of junk food with these healthier alternatives. Also, losing weight doesn't mean you have to stop eating. It simply means changing the style of food you eat to healthier kinds. For example, plenty of green vegetables have no carbohidrates or protein or sugar and don't count towards any calories. Fresh fruits are also similiar, bananas contain zero calorie counts whatsoever and act as a fulfilling snack.

The most important thing you could possible do is become self-motivated once more. Look at the brighter picture and how you see yourself if you would lose weight. You simply have to become focussed mentally and use the negativity to fuel your self in what you deserve.

Postby Dolly » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:15 pm

Congratulations on being honest enough to tell us what you're feeling.

Get ready to start a fresh Loralai, we all have back slides so please don't let it worry you.
Everyone is invited to join our new December challenge if they wish,
click here and join if you want to -

BigM, I like what you shared about find the healthy food which you love the most.

Last edited by Dolly on Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Loralai » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:19 pm

Thankyou Big M. I read what you wrote a few times over and I tell you what, I feel better already. You are exactly right. I need to get my confidence back or I will just get depressed and go backwards.

I have to remember, there's nothing WRONG with me, I just want to IMPROVE me.

I think you are wise beyond your years. When I saw that you were 17, I thought to myself how great it was that you were doing something about your weight now so you dont look back in 10 years and think of all the things you could have, would have, should have done if only you had lost the weight. (like I do)

Good on you and thanks for the advice.

Postby Loralai » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:21 pm

Thanks Dolly.

Thats what I need to be doing, is being honest with myself about where Im at and how Im going to get to where I want to be. Ive buried my head in the sand for too long. The problem just gets bigger if you ignore it.

Postby Fairie » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:56 pm

Good on you Loralai for admitting that you fell off the wagon and we all do, it's not easy but it is a waste of time / energy feeling guilty about it.

The most important thing is too get right back on the wagon, you will find as you loose more weight your confidence will improve. :D

Postby kymbahlee » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:23 pm

Know exactly how you feel - I thought I saw someone I used to go to school with today and my first thought was "Maybe I'll tell him I'm expecting another baby". I had a baby 8 months ago and still look about 4 months pregant. How silly.

Postby melcandoit » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:50 pm

Hi Loralai

I know how you feel about running into someone from your past.

It happened to me on Monday at the gym, I was on the treadmill looking all red, hot and very unsexy doing my thing, when this guy comes walking out from the pool area past the glass wall were the gym is, and is looking right at me and he starts to wave and then he blows a kiss to me :oops: before he walks off. People at the gym were looking at me and asking If I knew him, I said no, but I did he was a ex boyfriend of about 10 years ago and about 50 kg less.
So I am hopping it is a 1 off thing and I dont see him on Monday coming. Turn that sick feeling that you get inside yourself into something postive, like I am not going to eat this bad food or I am going for a walk so I NEVER feel like this again. I have a saying in my house,,,dont give someone your power, stand up and take it back. Please Loralai dont sit and eat and then feel sorry for yourself get up be happy and get your power back, it taste better then food... when I start here i was 137kg,,,,8 weeks later and going to the gym 6 out of 7 days week.. iam now down to 128kg..Please give it a go ...We belive in you.. Love Melissa :D

Return to Confessional