It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:58 am

Free Newsletter

Confessions of the midnight snacker

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Confessions of the midnight snacker

Postby Dolly » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:53 am

We have a container of pringle assortments. I thought a couple of pringles whilst I watch TV can't hurt, WRONG! as I proceeded to nibble my way through the plain pringles, I then found myself munching on the chicken flavoured mini crackers and these peppery puffy cracker thingies too.
I don't know how much damage I did to my diet by eating that cup and a half of stuff but I'm not looking forward to hopping on the scales.

I'm so glad I can come here 24/7, which will really help me through this weak moment.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Loralai » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:40 am

I have read somewhere that eating infront of the tv is the worst as you arent focussing on what you are putting in your mouth and before you know it youve eaten way more than you should have.

This is a good reminder for us to not eat in front of the telly at all!

hope it hasnt done you too much damage Dolly!
Loralai

Postby Dolly » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:42 am

Thanks Loralai, I'll never snack in front of the TV again.
The midnight snacking, and yesterdays 2 glasses of wine (and my thyroid gland problem) have all contributed to my scales going up 1 kilogram)

At least it was a lesson learned.
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:04 pm

It happens to all of us Dolly this snacking while watching TV :evil:

I think I will put some horrible tasting stuff on my fingers so that I can't pick anything up and put it in my mouth. :wink:
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:50 pm

Now that's a clever idea, I remember as a kid there was this bitter stuff to stop people bighting their finger nails, it must still exist.
Dolly

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:01 pm

When i feel like snacking (which is most of the time) i eat 2 pickled onions . they seem to take away the craving . Another thing is that if i stick to my diet for the day i allow my self either 2 pieces of dark chock or 1 funsize bar . The way i stop myself from over eating on this is break off the two pieces put thm in a snack zip lock bag and put it in the fridge ( either choice ) not both and then give the rst to mum to hide in her room so im not tempted . But i am only allowed this if i stick to the days plan .If i dont i miss out which kind of gives me the insentive to stick to it . its kind of my reward i guess .
Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Dolly » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:03 pm

Thanks for the great tip Jules, well worth trying.
Dolly

Postby BigM » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:52 pm

well i guess snackings can occur every now and then, i think it's best to find alternatives to snack on... ie fruits, they can be fulfilling and much better than potato chips :).
BigM

Postby Dolly » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:20 pm

Yes you are right BigM (I hope the M stands for Mike or Matt or something, I keep thinking of burgers when I read your name 8)

This afternoon I went to the secondhand book store and purchased a great little book called Don't Diet! by Rick Isaac and Eamon Murphy.
It's really an easy read and has pointed me in the direction of the snacks you speak of, it also recommends not consuming wheat, only oats if I want a grain food for breakfast.

It says it's only essential to exercise 3 hours per week (it can be broken up into 6 x 30 minute sessions throughout that week.
exercise, nutrition, strength training and flexibility are all essential as is drinking water (which I always tend to forget to do)
I'll read the book tonight to see what it's all about and start it first thing Monday.
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:34 am

Ooops, I just noticed I made a mistake at the top of the page, I meant to say I indulged in a pretzel assortment not Pringle assortment, pringles are those potato chip thingies my son and his friend occasionally eat. I don't know why that word came out instead of pretzels :oops:
Dolly

Postby BigM » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:40 am

hehe, nah the M doesn't stand for Mike or Matt, and now that you point it out, it sort of resembles the BigMac -.-...

its good that you bought a book, they can be really informative and easy to read and offer nutritious information on whats good and whats not :).

i'm a little sceptic about that 3 hour excercise thing after reading Ed's post on daily excercise requirement, however it all depends on the type of food you eat i guess.
BigM

Postby kymbahlee » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:08 pm

The other bad thing about snacking in front of the TV is you begin to assoicate one with the other, a bit like Pavlovs dogs. So every time you watch TV you subconsciously (and consciously!) think of food.
I always keep a book or magazine with me and read it during the ad breaks, so I don't even think of going to the fridge.
Hey BigM, now I'm curious about what the M stands for. Big Man(hood? :lol: LOL
kymbahlee

Postby BigM » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:03 pm

haha, the M doesn't stand for anything particularly interesting
BigM

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:33 am

I just think of the milk drink when I read "BigM"
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Confessional