It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:49 am

Free Newsletter

My weekend...

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

My weekend...

Postby jeshka » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:37 am

well...

we had my bf's sisters engagement party on saturday night. It was ok, I had a few champagnes, but of course there was fried finger food - not a meal - and i hadn't eaten anything but a banana since lunchtime. I didn't go overboard on the finger food though... it was yesterday that was the killer - was feeling a bit seedy and of course instead of cooking myself some eggs or toast or something, I went straight for the Maccas :oops:

I felt pretty rotten about it, especially as I was not doing too badly last week. I had a long hard think about my habits, and since we've been pretty broke for the past few weeks we haven't been able to afford to stock up on healthy stuff (why must it cost so much more than junk?!)... though, i have a gym membership that i pay $40 a fortnight for, but never use, as the gym is around half an hour from my house and i don't get home until after 7pm on weeknights....i think i really need to stop being slack, and just get in the car and go, even if it's only for half an hour a night, a couple of nights a week, and then longer sessions on the weekends - i might be tired and have to go to sleep the second I get home, but I'm sure my body will thank me for it.

So, while I did hit a hurdle this past weekend, it did make me kick my own ass and get back into gear, so not all is lost! Just gotta get back on the wagon :)
jeshka

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:54 am

hey jeshka wow one of my friends who is a hairdresser had an engagement party on the central coast on saturday too. wonder if you guys were at the same party!

good on you for thinking hard about your decisions and what you are going to do from this day forth. i know if i had to spend $40 a fortnight on a gym id be using it! lol. its hard with this colder weather but just think about how great you will feel after a workout :)

kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:06 am

What is it about Mackers that's so appealing when you've got a hangover? :evil: I used to eat it all the time after a big night out, but I now can't remember the last time i ate it!

I've discovered the joy of a hearty soup instead when I have a hangover.

In regards to your gym - is there one closer to home you could join? 30 mins drive seems pretty far. Do you have a training buddy? If you've got someone there waiting for you, you're much more likely to go if you know they're expecting you to be there.

I'm sure you'll get a better nights sleep on the days you workout :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby jeshka » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:23 am

hehe not sure if it was the same party - was your friend who is the one that got engaged, or just a guest?

i'm not sure what it is about maccas, but that, or hungry jacks, can always make me feel top notch after a big night. i had bacon and eggs in the fridge, and could have easily grilled the bacon (sans rind), and poached some eggs, but it was just pure laziness that got me, im sure of it.

I tried to cancel my gym membership so that I could join the gym that is literally a 1 minute walk from my house - I explained my situation but they wouldn't let me cancel, not without a $600 fee - apparently you have to live a certain distance from the club for them to waive the fee, and I am about 1 or 2km too close - pathetic, isn't it. I was a 10 minute drive from there when I joined but when we moved that became a much longer drive, though not long enough apparently. Anyway, I've just continued to pay the $40 every fortnight since then, and never gone back. By the time I get home from work I'm so knackered that I just eat dinner, lounge around for an hour, and then go to bed. I know that if I go to the gym and have a workout, I'll sleep much better aswell, and have more energy in the long run - it is really hard to get motivated when it's so cold though. I don't have a gym buddy, it would be good to find one though. I used to go with my sister when I lived in QLD, but I also found that when she had a headache or some reason not to work out, I would decide not to go aswell :oops: which really was lazy of me too.

I'm going to do it now though, get back into it, go to the classes (I love bodyjam but they rarely have sessions when I'm available to go), and nip it in the bud before winter gets the better of me.
jeshka

Postby milkyway » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:31 am

OMG - that's ridiculous! I'd be calling the consumer affairs dept in your state for advice... or A Current Affair :P.

Did you sign up for a whole year or something and they're going to charge you the rest of the contract to break it? Can you pretend that you've moved to friends house that's a bit further away?

I've just been getting back into serious exercising again and I can't believe how much it has lifted my mood. I'm hooked again :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby jeshka » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:41 am

yeah it is pretty rediculous - they said that even if i moved far enough away, i would have to show them proof of my address, and sign some big stupid form to get out of it for little or no cost. I did sign up for a year but wasn't told all the little terms and conditions. They said even if i knew someone who i could transfer the membership to, i'd still be up for a big fee. They've already been on A Current Affair hehe unfortunately that was just after i signed up so it was too late for me to think twice about joining :(

It's sad, because aside from their contracts and money-hungry ethics, it's a really good gym - great equipment, great classes, the lot. It's just a shame they've got their priorities wrong - they need to focus more on helping people achieve their goals.

I can't wait to get back into exercise. I used to LOVE the feeling of my muscles aching for days after a good workout :) that's how you know it's working!! Hehehe
jeshka

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:51 am

lol was it mingara?

nah my friend was guest apparently she did the engaged girls hair for the event?
kate_turner2000

Postby jeshka » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:05 pm

oh ok, i'm not sure, she did get her hair done that day. The party was at Avoca, really good night!

Hahha nah it wasn't Mingara. It was Fitness First at Erina (not sure if I'm meant to name names, but anyway...) - i was impressed with it all at first, but they've been quite unfair - I'm not the only person who thinks so either. I used to go to Fernwood in QLD, and changed it to Gosford when I moved down here, but that was too far away, they had no good parking facilities and weren't open late enough for me. They were really good though, and even set up a payment plan for me when I cancelled, I was really happy with them. They had good BodyJam classes too!
jeshka

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:11 pm

i knew a girl who used to go to the erina one too and she lived at toukley and she ended up swapping to lakehaven because erina was crappola! lol.

will find out eventually if it was the same party my friend went to hehe.
kate_turner2000

Postby jeshka » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:44 pm

hehe cool. yeah i think lakehaven is still pretty far from me, but ah well. I'll make do with Erina for the moment. I heard rumours of a FF being built at Tuggerah... that was almost a year ago now :roll:

we'll see!
jeshka

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:26 pm

they have a couple of gyms built at tuggerah business park i think so you could check those out. when i was at westfield tuggerah on the weekend they had women there from fernwood i think trying to get people to join up to the new one theyre opening at wyong.
kate_turner2000

Postby jeshka » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:59 pm

nice one. unfortunately i've got a few more months of my FF contract, but soon enough I'll be able to suss out something else!!
jeshka

Return to Confessional