It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:30 am

Free Newsletter

I've been on holiday

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

I've been on holiday

Postby Fireball » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:33 pm

We were planning a business deal & it meant going away for a week. Well as it happened the deal fell through and we had freed up the whole week so we went away for a break. We went to Coober Pedy ~1000 km trip each way. It was fantastic. Stayed in an excellent underground motel where they had dug out some gorgeous & really rare opals - they have some on display. I wanted to stay and try a little mining, the opal bug bit me. :twisted: Thats the good side...
But when I travel, I eat. I dont think I was too over the top but a bit extra every day. Chips here, a takeaway there and a few chocolates on the side. I'm not game to weigh so I will leave it until Moday and exercise a lot before then. lol

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby shelbel » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:58 pm

I went to Coober Pedy a few months ago while on hols, i love that place! But from memory there arent any healthy eating places there! The boy and i joke about moving there and opening an underground maccas!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:42 am

wow what a great experience! never mind about the food on the side :) theres nothing worse than being on a holiday and having to count this and that with what you eat :(
kate_turner2000

Postby Fireball » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:35 pm

Hey Shelbel, love your underground maccas idea. Maybe make it, ta dah, underground Subway :lol: so people have a healthy choice.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Return to Confessional