It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:27 am

Free Newsletter

I have a secret...

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

I have a secret...

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:57 am

hi all, after my clothes havent been fitting me comfortably for about a month i have decided to step on the scales nakey this morning and almost fell off in disgust and surprise. i wont give an exact figure because i am quite embarrassed by it but i will say i have put on half of what i have lost just so you have some idea.

from now on i wont be participating in weightloss talk on the forum because i dont think its fair to send out advice to people when i cant even look after myself. but all the other fun posts ill reply to.

time to start being serious and stop the binging. i know what has triggered it and it has been a combination of things which i will list in no particular order:

1. stress of money problems

2. stress of cars

3. being at home day in and out with a baby and not getting a break let alone time to go off and do something myself

4. not saying no to particular foods and beverages when i should be- thanks mum for making a butter cake every couple of days! thanks MIL for buying choccies and fast food when we visit!

5. justifying each food choice with 'one wont hurt'

6. its my own fault for not working out some sort of maintenance plan when i reached my goal. i was too scared as i had got the hang of losing weight but it was scary to think of a way to maintain it.

7. damn winter clothes are baggy so i have felt ok until i tried on my new summer clothes i brought last year and found them tight fitting.

8. with the colder weather i am finding it harder to drink water and to exercise

9. with the colder weather i am stuffing my face to keep me warm.

theyre all the reasons and i am sticking to them! theyre what trigger my eating and before i know it a quarter of a round butter cake is missing from the platter. or an extra choccie bar is put into the trolley at shopping or on the counter at the local shop with my bread and milk. or the choccies my family buy for heidi and leave here i am sneaking them.

as i said i dont think its fair to issue out weightloss advice when i have fallen off the wagon and im dragging behind it. but i think being a moderator and having lost weight before its important to be honest about it. its easy enough to sit behind a monitor and keyboard and say 'oh i think i am bloated or i have my periods' (which i do at the moment) but i think part of peoples issues with their weight is that they arent honest in themselves. in saying that though i wont be saying how much i weigh at the moment! lol but i said that its about half of what i lost so put two and two together...

thanks guys and hope you arent horrible towards me!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:12 am

Oh hun! Firstly (((HUGS))) to you! :lol: I just want to say that I think you are honestly one of the most beautiful people I have ever met (even if it is only in cyberspace! :D) You are ALWAYS encouraging others, and helping out, you never say a nasty word about anyone at all. You are such a huge inspiration to me Kate. (not only weightloss wise, but I think also because we are similar in age, and with bubs too! :) ) Your post was soooooo similar to how I have been lately. About a year ago I managed to get down to 92 kgs, and then I got kind of comfy and didnt worry as much about the weight...I weighed in a few months ago to see that I was back to 115! :shock: I DO think the thing we have to remember is that is really is just a number, and you are just as beautiful, and valued here as you were yesterday when you thought you were lighter....you give fantastic advice, and are full of general knowledge and help to others....dont let this be a reason to stop your input in the weightloss discussion thread. we need your advice! LOL :D If anything, this gives you another perspective again :) You will lose the weight in no time, Kate. Damn Winter!!! :twisted: lol Just get back on it, and you'll be back to goal in no time :D xxxxxx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby sassi » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:21 am

oh kate hun i'm so sorry, it's just a horrible feeling :(

but please, please don't stop posting. just because you've had a set back doesn't take away from the fact that you've lost the weight before - you HAVE done it & your advice is invaluable. as is your support. i love logging on & seeing that you've posted in my progress thread. you're an inspiration.

i think you've been incredibly honest with yourself about what has 'gone wrong' over the last couple of months and you know what you're going to do about it.

while i'm not big on excuses - you have had the floods recently & i am always filled with admiration for anyone who has a child and still manages to get anything done at all!

you have loads of time before you need those summer clothes - so get working & make sure you can wear them before the sunny weather comes back!
sassi

Postby sassi » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:22 am

ps did i mention....please don't stop posting advice? :D
sassi

Postby SarahC » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:30 am

Sorry to hear that Kate! I know what you feel like, as it has happened to me before more times than I care to admit. At least you know what is causing it, so that's a first step to solving it. You have lost the weight before, and inspired so many people along the way.... I am sure you can do it again :D

Let us know how you get on.

Love your new hair too btw :wink:
SarahC

Postby grugwashere » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:42 am

Hi Kate,

Good on you for letting us know how things are going with you, it must have been nerve wracking to type that, but i assure you no one here is going to judge you, weightloss is hard but i think maintenance would be even harder! i dont think you should stop contributing though :( you have some very good ideas and suggestions... it is like saying no one should offer advice unless they have managed to get to their goal weight and kept it off... i think the most valuble thing in this forum is tips and ideas and support from everyone whether or not they are at goal or they are sturggling to get there.. or they have to get there again. Please dont feel like you cant offer advice... everyone here knows you know what you are talking about :) your a smart down to earth chickee and i think you will have no trouble regaining your trim figure :D

GLUCK!
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby Ses » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:33 am

Weight loss and gain are part of life. A lot of your gain is probably fluid, and will dissapear over the next couple of weeks. Be kind to yourself - you have had a few stresses, you are looking after a baby who demands your attention, and you have to deal with temptation through your rellies......IT IS HARD.

We know you can do it though......
[[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wg3ZtyW/]
[/url]
Ses

Postby grugwashere » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:35 pm

i was just rereading my post.. and it sounds like i am being mean.. that wasnt my intention lol.. it was meant to sound nice :(

i am no good at wording things.
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby Ally » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:26 pm

Hey Kate.....First of all I want to say that it is great that you have chosen to share with us what you have been struggling with lately. I think we can all appreciate how hard that is.....

Okie dokie....we have been here together a day apart since last August and in that time I have come to call you friend, so I think that I can be blunt!!

Ultimately it is your decision to stop giving people advice about weight loss issues but here are some things I would like for you to consider...

* We are all in this together, we all make mistakes, we all at some point have to "start over" (some of us, like me more than others :wink: )

* For you to stop giving your hints, tips and advice we would all miss you greatly as you give some no-nonsense advice to us all at times

* As far as I see it, you have certainly taken your own advice and got back on the wagon before things got too far out of control. YOu are not giving out advice and not taking it onboard yourself.

* You are setting the example that sometimes when we lose weight, inevitabley we let things get to us and gain some of that weight back, however you are going through a learning process.

These are only some of the things that I can think of through my stuffed up head at the moment, but I think you get the gist!! LOL

I admire you for "coming clean", for getting back into losing your weight, and for not just going away.....Don't ever give up (You have proved that you are a fighter), don't ever stop trying to help people out, cause you have done a fabulous job...we are all here to help each other through our weighty issues and we are certainly here for you!!!

Chin up my matey, you are on the right track and I hope that you will stick with us and share with us the victory you will have over this!!!

Luv ya! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Chelle » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:36 pm

Darling Kate, Don't ever think you can stop posting when you have had a misshap everyon'e human & these things happen in life, you are inspirational to all thoses who are on this forum. You have seen where you have gone wrong & you are making changes to rectify the weightgain & it will fly of in no time. These thing happen, just shake it off. Don't beat yourself up to hard I know what you feel like at the moment because I have been there myself. And winter deffinately it is hard to drink water that is why last friday I pledge to drink water because i haven't been drinking it for a while.

Please start posting agin, lot's of hugs sending through the computer.

Richelle -xox-
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:08 pm

Image everyone for your lovely comments and concerns :) i will definately stick around because i know i need this forums support this time around as much as last time. i know that support is important to each and everyone of us and i know that hearing praise and encouragement from other people going through the same thing is wonderful so i will definately post :) i was just worried that some people might have though 'why should i listen to her comments when she cant even take her own advice' - its sort of hypocritical for me. BUT in saying that we rely on each other here so i am more than happy to help :) thanks for your support guys, im going to need it more than ever to get this weight off once again

MWAH!
kate_turner2000

Postby vanessa0305 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:03 pm

I have to admit I admire your honesty. It takes a lot of guts to put yourself out there like that.

I have to admit also that maintenance is something I really fear. After all the hard slog of getting my weight down, will I put it on again and if I do will I have the guts to face it and get back on the band wagon or will I give up? This is my first real weight loss attempt so I have no idea if I have what it takes to keep it off once I get to my goal. So far I have faced the problem by changing my goal weight once I reach it. But soon that wont be an option and I will have to figure out how to live my life and keep my weight down. Thanks for letting us all know that if you slip you just keep going. Maybe seeing people do slip will help us all to remember that its just a slip up and not a catastrophe and we just keep going not throw our hands up and give up.
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:10 pm

thanks for your comments vanessa. yeah it took guts alright! lol. how embarrassing! but you are right, i could have ignored the fact and kept going the way i was and let it all come back on plus more. but its time to take control. i prefer being smaller than bigger so i am going to do something about it starting today. i could have got on the scales and saw that amount and then gorged myself and 'started tomorrow' but nope im starting today.
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:52 pm

Oh Kate, I'm sorry to hear the scales have gone up again... but like everyone has been saying, you're doing so well to recognise this and jump back on the wagon...

Think about it - most people lose weight, then put back on ALL of what they lost, and often at least 10% more! SO you actually haven't done that badly, considering the stresses you have been under...

best of luck with getting back down there - i know you can do it! And keep posting.. we love you here!! :)

Oh and - maybe talk to some of the other maintenance girls about what they do, and start thinking about a maintenance plan before you get there, so you will feel better once you're there and you can stay on top of things!! :)

you can do it buddy!
Mandie

Postby vanessa0305 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:53 pm

See....You really are an inspiration Kate!!!
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Next

Return to Confessional