It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:21 am

Free Newsletter

True Confessions

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Ally » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:55 am

:shock: Thank you all so much for your replies....I am just sitting here in amazement at the fact that so many of us are in the same boat!!! I have been such an idiot not to have fessed up earlier! I am glad that you have all shared with me as it makes me understand that I am not the only one going through this, as at times I feel I am....."no one else could eat that much" often went through my head and then I would log on here and just feel worse for avoiding certain issues.....

Kate :wink: thanks so much for welcoming me to the group :wink: you knew I facing hard times and struggles, but you didn't snitch on me, just encouraged me to fess up and be strong....thankyou

Hey Sassi.....thankyou for your kind words of encouragement, it means a lot to know that we also share in the same "guilt: and can support each other through it

Gracie that "all or nothing" attitude you talk about is me as well....I always did the same thing and know that it is something that I have to deal with.

Joanna...again thankyou for your lovely words....I too struggle sometimes with that hungry feeling, but I am coming to realise that it means nothing more than to re-fuel my body...for years I ate to disguise feelings and associated being hungry with emotional issues...now I am starting to work through the issues that I hid with food.....

Sarah.....I can always count on you to be there for me with words of encouragement. We struggle with the same issues, just at different ends of the scales.... :wink:

Dee....you also helped me to make the decision to fess up along with Kate...after reading some of your entries you gave me the push along I needed to just "do it". I am glad that we can face this together.... :wink:

Hey Shelbel..I think we are going to get through this just fine....we now have quite a group that can face anything together...thanks for you lovely words too :oops:

Fireball...well done on maintaining your weight matey, what an achievement....I wouldn't worry about having to put in the extra exercise for slip ups as that is one of the keys to maintaining....not letting your weight get out of hand again :wink:

Hey Jannie....thanks for you support...and we will be here when you are ready too :wink: there is no time limit...

Phew think I covered everyone!!! Thanks so much and I have decided to start posting food diaries here again as well as my hard copy (my journal) and also starting the weigh ins again...I feel so much better having gotten that all off my chest :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:04 am

no probs ally and maybe you will start to feel better with your cold and sinus as you havent got that extra burden to worry about. you have come clean and you are taking proactive steps which with help you healthwise too :)
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:30 pm

Hey Ally - your courage is inspiring :)

I have been saying on my own personal progress pages that this week I AM going to start using Calorie King again to help me get over my plateau... and your post has tipped me over the edge. I AM going to do that and enter my breakie right after I post this message :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby molligrub » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:00 pm

Hey there Ally my name is Molli. I too am a long term binge eater. I started binge eating at the age of 12 - I would binge, starve the next few days, binge a few days, starve a few days. That went on until I was 16, then I developed anorexia for around 6 months (worst time of my life), then went back to binge eating, put on around 19kg in the space of 1 year (my gosh the stretchmarks!), and then binged and starved my whole way through uni.

Developed anorexia again when I was in uni (another of the worst times of my life), lost a lot of weight, got help, stopped starving myself but went straight back into the binge eating with a vengeance.

I have maintained my weight around the 55-59kg mark for a few years (how I don't know, because when I binge I binge until I almost vomit and I binge around 50% of days.) I have also been guilty of overexercise to maintain my weight.

I have been on the "well I'm starting my diet tomorrow so may as well binge today" merrygoround thousands of times in the last decade or so. My body fat percentage is way higher than what is should be due to the years of yo-yo dieting. There have been times in my life where I have hated myself so badly that I felt I don't deserve to look nice, that all I deserve in life is to be a miserable bingeing person, that there is no other life for me.

I am terrified of being hungry now after the periods of starvation. I stuffed up my metabolism so badly I used to gain weight eating 600 calories a day (I now eat heaps, but just make sure to exercise well). I have spent many years being ashamed of myself, especially because I'm a normal weight, I feel like I shouldn't be so selfish as to have problems with my eating.

I am now rededicating myself to eating well and looking after myself, just as you are. I am just taking it day by day. I am also guilty of not documenting the bad things I've eaten!!

Ally, I wish you well in your journey, and just remember that you are not alone in this - everyone here has struggled to some extent with their eating and weight, so we can all understand each other. There is nothing to be embarrassed about (as I keep telling myself), and this forum is a great site for support (as I've found out since joining this week!).

You can do everything you set your mind to Ally. You will never fail as long as each time you fall you get up and try again.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wnqxaGD/]
[/url]

I am gonna exercise my butt off!! Literally!!
molligrub

Postby Ally » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:51 pm

Hey Sandra good on you for tackling ck again.......I find it is really useful and a great tool!!!

Molli...thank you so much for sharing your story with us.....I found it very heart tugging as I could feel you pain and vunerability coming through your story.....thankyou for being so open and honest, it has really helped me to see that although we struggle with different aspects of weight, we are all in this together. You have a strong determination to succeed and I wish you all the best too, knowing that you can overcome the problems you have faced in your past to become a happier and healthier person......

Thankyou once again for you support and I look forward to being here for you too :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby madeline » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:06 am

grugwashere wrote:
i have a fear of being hungry.
i gorge myself even when im not hungry i just dont stop eating!

and i dont make up for it in excercise.

This was my biggest problem. I was really worried that if I became hungry for more than 10 minutes I would get dumb... like my body would slow down through lack of food and I wouldn't be able to concentrate in class. I was also really worried about fainting because I get dizzy a bit when I'm on a diet, and I've almost fainted on a main road before. So if I would eat, I'd eat like I was going into hibernation to make sure it would last until I could eat again (which was usually not long after). I've realised that if people can do the 40 hour famine and still be ok, I can last a few hours without food :D
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Previous

Return to Confessional