It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:43 am

Free Newsletter

Rough Patch

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Rough Patch

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:16 pm

I haven't been on lately and the longer I didn't come on the more I thought about just giving it all up entirely. Thank heavens I regained my sanity.

I've had a tough few weeks weight loss wise. Uni's been a crapper. The weather's been shite making exercise soooo easy to 'overlook'. I know I have put on 2kg, but didn't weigh this week out of fear/disgust of what it would show. Eating has been erratic and no matter how many times I say to myself "right, that's it, no more eating like an idiot" I STILL manage to make excuses to have that one more bit of cake etc.

I've done it up till now, just gotta get back there and it's about getting my head back in the right space. Going back to uni has stuffed me around confidence, happiness and general mental health wise.

But on a positive, the puppies (of which we will be an owner of 1 soon) are due to be born this weekend. i am hoping that this might shake things up and put things in perspective, forcing me to get my butt in gear.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:26 pm

hey tegan mate we have all been there- many confessions this past week on the forum. good on you for coming back to us though! what sort of puppy are you getting? its like having a kid imagine all the exercise you will be getting in!! never mind about the gain you have had, focus on the future and you will reach your goals. you have that beautiful wedding to look forward to :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:51 pm

Hey mate :)
Im sorry you havent had the best time lately...as Kate said, there must be something in the air at the moment :shock: So glad you did come back though, we would hate to lose you! OOhh a puppy. how exciting! :D I would love to get a dog (a good reason to walk lol) but the place I am in atm doesnt allow pets :(
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:41 pm

Ta for your helpful thoughts and words

I have been tossing up between a Weimaraner and a Rhodesian Ridgeback. I honestly could live with either. Have been to see the Wei's breeder (pups due this weekend) and going to see the Ridgies tomorrow, but I am thinking after doing MUCH online research that it will be the Wei. They are more high energy and require more exercise, but they are pointer/retrievers so will fetch and retrieve which is useful for us, whereas Ridgebacks are not so much known for that and from what I have read, don't tend to fetch or retrieve.

If anyone has had experience with either of these breeds I really do welcome your input.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Green_Butterfly » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:44 pm

Hi there,
I looooove Ridgies. They are beautiful dogs and such loving pets. My good friends has always had Rhodesian Ridgebacks and the one he has at the moment is named Reggie and is just the sweetest and best trained dog I have ever seen in my life! Reggie can sit, drop, shake both left and right and when you say "speak reg" she howls. Such cute puppies too!

**Bec**
Life's a garden, dig it!!!
Green_Butterfly

Postby milkyway » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:25 pm

Aw Dawn, don't you just hate winter? It really puts a dampner on the best intentions :( It will be over soon. What a shame uni isn't a positive experience this year.

The pup sounds wonderful :D :D :D You'll love it to bits and it will bring so much happiness into your life.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby SarahC » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:50 am

Puppies! How cute! I'm not a big fan of dogs, but puppies are just so cute (expecting photos!)

It is exceptionally cold this winter. I think it's cold in Melbourne (2 degrees this morning), but it must be even colder in Hobart! Maybe think of some excercises you can do indoors. You can get those attachment thingies for your bike that converts it into an excercise bike... stick that in front of the telly maybe :)

Great that you have come back here. Talking about it helps :D
SarahC

Postby Ally » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:09 am

Hey Tegan....glad you didnt give up mate...as Kate said many confessions here on the forum this last week and a bit (me included)...I can understand about the exercise through winter..I just replied to one of your other posts about riding in the temps you are having and it made me jolly cold just reading it!! As I said I am glad you haven't quit on your weighloss matey, 2 kilos is easier to lose than gaining the 30 back if you had of given up!!

On the weather note....this is the first year in Rocky that we are having a winter!! I have lived here for 15 years and in that time we have seen about 4 decent winters (by that I mean below 25 through the day and below 18 at night!) we have been having some wicked day temps, nothing over 22 at the moment and our nights are between 6 and 9........now I know it is nothing like what you are all experiencing down south, but my point is that if we are feeling the cold up here, you guys must be just about at freezing point!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Return to Confessional