It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:23 am

Free Newsletter

I absolutelly HATE exercising!

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

I absolutelly HATE exercising!

Postby thefatsmartgirl » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:10 am

i have done anything in a week! i will do anything to get outof it. does anybody have any tips on how to enjpy your workout and how to keep motivating yourself to do it!?
I WILL CONQUER THIS.
thefatsmartgirl

Postby thefatsmartgirl » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:12 am

i just realized this is in the wrong section. sorry i'm new.
I WILL CONQUER THIS.
thefatsmartgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:39 am

thats ok! do you like to dance? maybe you can put lots of songs on you enjoy and dance to them in your bedroom. walking is good too. you can start off small by walking around the block and then build it up. find something you like doing :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:25 am

how is it the wrong section?? confessing to not liking exercise in a confessional??

Anyway, not liking exercise is a relatively common thing believe it or not. Firstly, maybe find out what it is you don't like. This could be many things. You get bored. You feel lonely. You think everyone's looking at you. You don't like being sweaty. You end up with bad pains....

Each problem has it's own solution and this will depend on YOU and what you like. For example. I always used to think people were looking at me and reacted angrily if I got puffed because I thought people were thinking bad things about me. So I recognised that fear/anger and challenged it by going out every day for a walk/jog and actually paying attention to the people around me, noticing that mostly they were oblivious to me or paid me a cursory glance.

I also have trouble exercising for the sake of exercising. It sort of seems like a chore. So I got a bike and ride to work/uni every day. It's no longer exercise, it's transport and part of my day.

The key is to identify your needs and find something to match them. You might like 'team' sports or social exercise like walking groups. Perhaps you will respond well to a personal trainer or instructor at a gym. You might fall in love with the calm and peaceful world of swimming. Or rev yourself up with some dancing. Whatever you do, if you like it, keep doing it.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby SarahC » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:32 am

What great advice! I agree, you definitely have to do something that you enjoy. Make it easy to start with the work your way up.

I'm a bit of a junkie, but my motivation for excercising is
1. The feeling of achievement after the workout (plus the daily dose of endorphins :roll: )
2. The fear of the awful guilt that I will have if I don't get my daily dose. The guilt is far worse than any pain experienced during the workout!
SarahC

Postby Chelle » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:55 pm

You need to find somthing that you like even if it is incedential exercise like using the stair's instead of lift's walking to the shops. There is plenty of things that can get you moving. If you have negative thought's towards exercise then you not going to get far with weight loss because you need eat healthy, exercise & drink pleanty of water they are the key to lossing weight. Join a sport, or a gym. Buy a boxing bag there are plenty of thing's that you can do around the house even in your bedroom that dosen't cost money, write up an exercise plan / diary & stick to it. Do you have a dog?? Take it for a walk. Don't be afraid to try new thing's out who now's you might even find somthing that you like to do.
Chelle

Postby carls » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:29 pm

i am one of those freakish people who love going to gym and excercising (if only i could stick to my diet!!)

i dont mean to advertise, but i have an ipod with the nike plus running system, and i am totally addicted to using it. it tracks your workout (distance, calories time etc) and logs it for you online. its a bit expensive to set up at first (im 24, full time professional with no kids!) but i could not live without it.
carls

Postby milkyway » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:55 pm

Good advice posted here already. It's all about finding out what you enjoy doing. I do Taekwondo and absolutely love it :D It's not a chore to go to class and I look forward to it. I also sort of enjoy running - it's more that I enjoy the challenge of running, and I love it when you get 'in the zone' and feel absolutely brilliant. I also find that my mood dramatically improves when I exercise regularly. I have been sick with the flu the past 2 weeks and have done almost zero exercise and hence feel rather cranky :P :evil:
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby thefatsmartgirl » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:23 am

Maybe I should try dancing, I did do dance for seven years when i was a kid. Can't go wrong jamming in your bedroom right? Or maybe swimming, I did that as a little kid too. I have tried running but I don't enjoy it. I just end up looking at the timer on the treadmill and deciding if I'm going to finish my entire workout. (I finished my workout yesterday though!) I have an ipod too, which does seem to help distract my focus from the clock.
I WILL CONQUER THIS.
thefatsmartgirl

Postby vanessa0305 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:31 pm

I think you learn to like it. I don't like doing lots of things that are good for me but I do them anyway! Exercise is sort of the same thing.

Once the weight starts coming off and you see it as the means to the end....it will become a more welcome part of your day and now for me, I want to be fit, not just lose weight!!
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Return to Confessional