It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:50 pm

Free Newsletter

Self sabotaged my recovery!!!

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Self sabotaged my recovery!!!

Postby milkyway » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:27 pm

Last night I stayed up until 3:30am, drinking 2 bottles of wine with a friend and I'm paying for it today. I was supposed to start back at the gym today cos I was feeling better after the flu, but I've been coughing so much today, almost to the point of vomiting and napping on the couch this afternoon and had a massive headache. *sigh*

Tomorrow, I swear I'll be back into it tomorrow.

I have also completely lost my apetite. Yesterday it was about 6pm when I realised I'd only eaten a wholemeal muffin with vegemite all day! I really need to pay better attention to what I'm eating/drinking and how much I'm exercising. I'd been really good with Calorie King until yesterday. I'm just lazy :oops:
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby shelbel » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:36 pm

But did you have fun Milky??
I mean our weight loss journey is very important, but sometimes its nice to just forget about it for a few hours! Or days even! And you've been sick, if you push yourself you'll end up sicker for longer!

Dont beat yourself up too much! Have some vegemite on toast, rest then pick it up when you feel ready. Dont feel quilty over one night of fun! Plus when your sick the brain tends too roam for pastures unknown!

Ps wish i could forget to eat sometimes!! If it keeps happening and worries you, you could set your alarm to remind you to eat! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:56 pm

shelbel is right, sometimes in life we need to let our hair down and not be so consumed by what we are eating and what the number on the scales said. as long as we are sensible and get back to it we are doing the right thing :)

in saying that i am sorry to hear that you have been sick from your drinking. :( please feel better soon! i am sure you will be back on track with your eating and exercise tomorrow :)
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:26 pm

LOL - yes, I did have fun. It was totally spontaneous and rather unusual for a wednesday night. I don't have a hangover - it's more that I'm annoyed with myself for jeopordising my recovery from this chest infection that just won't go away. I think the last thing my body need is a bottle of wine! :roll:
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby MissE » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:52 pm

i always tell myself alcohol kills germs! heehee 8)
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby shelbel » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:12 pm

LOL
i think it does! Back in the day before modern medicine didnt they use whiskey for everything. From pain killer to antibotics!! I always have a strong bourbon if i feel a cold coming on!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Return to Confessional