It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:20 am

Free Newsletter

Out of control eating again!!

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Out of control eating again!!

Postby vanessa0305 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:28 pm

Today as well as my normal two well balanced meals, I ate 3 fling bars( thats 6 little bars in total) and a whole packet of strawberry wafers! Why? NO idea. I wasn't hungry infact it made me feel sick but I kept eating them. I must have something seriously wrong in my head if I will keep eating even after I feel sick.

I ran for 6kms today and rode 34km yesterday, hopefully it wont be a weight gain. I know that its ttotm and I am depressed that I weigh in at 71kgs even. I hate going the wrong way even at TTOTM. Maybe thats why I did it. I know being cooped up at home with no transport to the gym or anywhere else is making me crazy and its not like its a 10 min walk to town, we are 55km from the nearest town. The little kids can't go to kiddy or daycare while I have no car, so no break from them either. I think its all adding up.
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:32 pm

oh my lord i hear ya vanessa! my car isnt working either and i am at home with heidi 24/7. the scales arent budging for me even though i am working my butt off! i had two freddos today and even though it fitted into my daily calories i would have been quite happy to walk to the local shop to buy more! the local shopping centre isnt very local- it is about 25 minute drive so i feel very confined in our little town. im due for my monthlies this week too and feel like using it as an excuse to eat whatever i like however i know how guilty i will feel if i do and it dont like that feeling!

just wanted you to know that we all have times like this mate, doesnt make you a bad person.
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:02 pm

hi Vanessa
Ok, firstly-
'I must have something seriously wrong in my head if I will keep eating even after I feel sick.'
NO WAY MATE! Its soo common..so many of us binge eat, and its never about the food....its 99% emotional eating or habit....TTOM is emotional enough, but you look at all these factors-you cant get to the gym- (frustration) being stuck in the house constantly with the kids- (frustration, stress, no breaks, pressure) and if you're bored at home, those are a LOT of factors that could have contributed to today.... just think of it the way I did last night....Sh*t happens....lol you cant change what has happened, so never mind...and it seems like you have done adequate exercise in the last little while so hopefully it wont matter
Secondly-
'I am depressed that I weigh in at 71kgs even.'
My god girl! You used to weigh 101 kgs! :shock: That is 30 kgs lost! That is bloody fantastic! :P You should be so proud of how far you have come...you are a true inspiration, 71 kgs is a hell of a lot healthier than 101 kgs :) Dont be depressed, shake that butt with pride!
Chin up hun :D (((HUGS)))
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby vanessa0305 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:15 pm

Thanks guys! I think I am just having a shitty few days. And now I feel sick too! I just feel stupid. I knew I shouldn't have eaten it all and yet I did.

I know that losing so much weight is wonderful, but I am terrified of being like so many others (like Fiona on the biggest loser) who just puts it all back on. I think thats my biggest fear of all. It was sooo hard, and even painful at times to get down here. It wasn't fun and it wasn't easy. I don't want to have to do it again. So when I find myself doing stupid things that got me to my starting weight in the first place, I feel so let down by myself.

Next week will be a better week. I will get my car back and life will go back to some kind of normal!
Vanessa

[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:59 pm

LOL yeah dont put it all back on like i did vanessa because its harder to lose the second time around!
kate_turner2000

Postby vanessa0305 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:34 am

Oh I hope I didn't make you feel bad Kate, I read an article recently that said only 5% of people who lost more than 10% of their body weight kept it off. It was such a scary statistic, its had me running scared ever since. So far I have just kept telling myself that I am not at goal yet so it doesn't matter, just keep losing. But soon I will be and then what? I have to maintain? I don't even know how to do that!
Vanessa

[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:44 am

LOL no offence taken, as you said its a high statistic of people who do put the weight back on for whatever reason. dont put yourself in that category just yet vanessa, you can beat this!
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:01 pm

Hay I can top ya - I ate a whole packet of tim tams last night - and could have eaten more - damn TTOM!!!!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby vanessa0305 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:10 pm

Ouch Sassy! mind you I did have 3 packets of fling bars first remember before the whole packet of strawberry wafers!!@!! So I am not sure you do beat me! lol!

But today is another day and I am feeling stronger! I really really wish I could get into the gym today but I just can't, no car and hubby plays squash in a different town on Tuesday nights. So if I want exercise I will have to go running again and I hate hate hate running on consecutive days!! Oh Well!
Vanessa

[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby milkyway » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:41 pm

Hi Vanessa - glad to hear you're feeling better about it today :)

As for running on consecutive days - it's OK, just make todays run an easier recovery run.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Sassygirl » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:27 pm

I think I won this time - gotta feeling that 10 tim tams beat 6 flings hands down - oh whoas me ..... anyway today is another day and I am facing it head on ...... mental note to self .... DO NOT BUY ANY MORE TIM TAMS AGAIN :twisted:
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

i cant keep on track.

Postby mandy » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:00 pm

everyday i wake up i have all good intensions of starting my diet again but i cant seem to get through one single day with out stuffing it up yesterday i had over half a family block of chocolate with 1 litre of pepsi 2 bags of mixed lollies large bags about three slices of chocolate cake thats besides what i had in between my normal meals. i know i shouldnt but i feel so depressed after i think i should sew my mouth up.
mandy

Postby vanessa0305 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:31 pm

Mandy, When I first started this journey, I couldn't make it a whole day either. I started on hours. I would feel the urge to binge and would say, just wait one more hour. Then it was just wait until after dinner. Then it was do some exercise and if you still want to eat then you can. Then I would put 2 days together and say if I can go two days without overeating then I can have maccas. Then I was looking at the end of the week...if I can make to the weekend then I can treat myself. Then I changed the treats from food to other things. Its always one step at a time. Just remember 2 steps forward and 1 step back will still get you there in the end!!
Vanessa

[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby shokoden » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:23 pm

Hey Vanessa, you are doing so great dont let this one little slip scare you back into old habits. When i lost weight the last time i got 2kgs away from goal and started binging again. I am one of the statistics and am now heavier than i have ever been.

I may be barking up the wrong tree but i think that i got so close to goal and then stuffed it up because subconsciously i felt protected by carrying the extra weight. Just a thought.
shokoden

Postby reester33 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:11 pm

You know what Vanessa....you are NEVER going back there again!! There is nothing to be afraid of. You've conquered your demons and you've WON!! :lol: :lol:

You have all the tools now for successful weight loss AND maintenance. You have more muscle now than before.....you burn more fat at rest!! You exercise. Who cares if you fall off the wagon every now and then?? Just as long as you get right back on it. :!: :!:

You have controlled your eating....it doesn't control you anymore. You have found other ways to deal with your emotional hunger....just find other ways to deal with your stress (it's hard I know when you can't even get a time out). I know you can do it.

And you know why......BECAUSE YOU'RE A CHAMPION!!! YOU'RE A SUCCESS STORY!! YOU ARE WORTHY OF HAVING EVERYTHING YOU'VE EVER DREAMED OF!! :D :D

Be confident....be bold....be the sexy woman you were born to be!! Don't be scared......you've shrugged off that fat suit....now slip on that sexy dress, slip into some heels, and STRUT confidently into your future!!! :o :o

XOXOXO :) M

I WAS EATING MYSELF TO DEATH WITH A KNIFE AND FORK!
reester33

Next

Return to Confessional