It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:03 pm

Free Newsletter

Dumb things I've done to make the scales go down.

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Dumb things I've done to make the scales go down.

Postby mel74 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:51 pm

I have to be careful that I don't get caught up in numbers.. I want to come clean about some of the stupid things I've done over the years to make those numbers seem ok..

1. Worn size 12 jeans until the button popped off and took a chunk of paint off the wall.

2. Vomited. (and even dumber then that I've felt like a failure at being bullimic because I hadn't ever lost weight doing it)

3. Weighed clothes on a kitchen scale and worn "lighter" clothes to a weigh in.

4. Forcibly dropped a bathroom scale so that it wouldn't read right.

5. Given blood before a weigh in.

6. Avoided drinking before a weigh in.

7. Binged straight after a weigh in, then starved for three days before.

.. think that's it...

Gee don't I sound like a nutbag. I'm not, I'm much better friends with my body nowdays, but I do steer away from numbers in general.

Just felt like being completely honest and accountable for I have done.

No more, never again that will not be me.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCGMto5/]
[/url]

"Lean into your fears. Dare them to do their worst and SHRED them when they try"
-Richard Bach
mel74

Postby Chelle » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:20 pm

Thankyou for sharing your storie & comming clean with the past as you have typed that you probly a light bulb has gone off & thought that you have done some silly to your body it's not the way to go. I'm not wanting to sound mean but it's not the way to do thing when it comes to weightloss with that kind of abuse to your body. I love the fact that you can be just felt like being completely honest and accountable for what you have done on this forum, that's a good thing. & listen to what you have writting in your words "NO MORE NEVER AGAIN THAT WILL NOT BE ME" Take a different approach on weightloss with eating right like a calorie controll diet, drink lot's of water & the key is exercise. Mabe see a nutrinset or a doctor to give you advice on how you tackle weightloss. Good luck & welcome to the forum Mel.
Chelle

Postby shelbel » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:31 pm

Good on for putting that out there, it takes a lot of courage. No offense but i had to chuckle at the 1st one, as i used to wear clothes that were too small or couldnt do the buttons up on just because of what size the label was!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:11 pm

good on you mel for confessing. it makes it feel heaps better when you get it off your chest. im sure this time around you are making better healthier decisions in regards to weightloss and you have the wonderful support of the people from this forum :) cheers
kate_turner2000

Postby sassi » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:46 am

i do number 7 - it's a habit i need to work on...not so much bingeing as saying to myself that i can eat whatever i want after i weigh in because i've got a week to work it off. i'm no good at starving myself though...i'm too greedy :oops:

but i think you'll find lots of people do silly things - those scales can make us all a little crazy :wink:

sounds like you've got a positive attitude and you're heading in the right direction.
sassi

Return to Confessional