It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:30 am

Free Newsletter

weird rant, am possibly in the sh-... but i don't know

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

weird rant, am possibly in the sh-... but i don't know

Postby madeline » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:53 pm

I had a sh-load of avocado sushi (5 handrolls), and cucumber/carrot/avocado sushi today (another 5 handrolls)... actually i highly doubt i'll ever have that amount of sushi ever again, I was just having trouble finding food with:
- no dairy (i know sushi has egg paste or something but meh)
- no meat
- no bread/pastry
... that wasn't a salad :? (I had a massive greek salad last night for dinner, and I didn't feel like turning into a rabbit). I had 3 sushi for lunch with my friend, turned down my usual diet coke for water and then we walked around 2 different shopping centres for 6 hours total (in that time I had a green tea). I feeling lazy in terms of cooking dinner, so when I passed a shop were giving away 8 sushi handrolls for $10, I told them I wanted all vegetarian ones and bought 8.
I was starving by then because I hadn't eaten for a while, so I ate 2 handrolls then and there at the shops.... on the bus home 15 minutes later I had another 2... and then I thought f- it, I'll make it my dinner too, and had another 3. I couldn't stomach the last because I was like uh oh... how many kjs were sushi handrolls again (700kjs or more). So I have had probably 9 500kjs or close to it today. The diet i'm on is about eating heaps of the stuff on the list whenever... now I'm willling to bet sushi actually wasn't on the list even though it made all the criteria (except maybe white rice) but I didn't really think about it, because I was planning to have rice for dinner anyway (which I didn't end up doing). So now I guess I'm trying to convince myself that because it wasn't meat, dairy, bread/pasty it's going to go straight through me because that's what the diet said. I'm also a little worried because I only had 3 pieces of fruit today and 2 were at breakfast. I think sushi isn't healthy AT ALL now come to think of it, because it has so much white rice and all that salt in the seaweed can't be good. I don't really know what I'm expecting you ladies to say about this actually I just want to rant because I'm just praying that my body didn't store the sushi, and I'm not going to pack it on this week (omg omg omg I HAD TWICE MY USUAL KJS :shock: ) I have put myself on a sushi ban... tomorrow is all about fruit and veg. Sigh. Why is dieting so hard? :cry:
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:51 pm

firstly... i cant stand the thought of sushi lol. any asian food makes me ill, i am such a plain jane person haha. however whats done is done madz.

if the seaweed has lots of salt in it it might store in your body because of the sodium. thats all i can really think of. oh, and the carbs in the rice as well. did you do any additional exercise besides the shopping?

what you need to ask yourself too, is this fruit veg diet something you can stick to for the rest of your life? is it something that when you start to eat other foods, will you pile weight on because your body isnt used to it? you need to do what is right for you and your body matey, its all trial and error isnt it!
kate_turner2000

Postby Zero » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:46 am

This has probably been explained in some other thread, but whats "The Fruit Diet"?
Start Weight (from beginning): 71
Current Weight: 63.00
Weight lost so far: 8.00
Goal Weight: 55.00

8 kilos left.
Zero

Postby mel74 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:55 pm

I think sushi is evil!

It looks like its good for you and it very tasty but it actually makes me much hungrier after I have eaten it. I've even tried having it as a treat and being disciplined about the after effect but it made me so hungry I felt sick and lightheaded and just nasty.

I can relate to feeling lazy about cooking, but I don't think sushi is the way to go sweety. My "couldn't be bothered" option is Lean Cuisine pumpkin and ricotta lasange. It's not the best diet choice but is really tasty.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCGMto5/]
[/url]

"Lean into your fears. Dare them to do their worst and SHRED them when they try"
-Richard Bach
mel74

Postby Ses » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:48 pm

I personally love sushi, and in fact am making it tonight for dinner (the kids love it too). I have used it as diet food, and find that it fills me up for hours after I eat it. Being white rice it is no good GI - wise, but is not as bad as other food options.

There is not a huge amount of salt in sushi - basically just vinegar, sugar and a bit of salt - and whatever filling you use.

As for finding foods - I have had to go on a 6 week exclusion diet for a health issue; try to find food when you can have no gluten, no soy, no dairy, no rice, no potato, no meat (except roo and rabbit), no nuts (but seeds are OK). :roll:
[[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wg3ZtyW/]
[/url]
Ses

Postby Zero » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:39 pm

OUCH! I feel sorry for you Ses.... but you'll be right. Im sure its for the best :shock:
Start Weight (from beginning): 71
Current Weight: 63.00
Weight lost so far: 8.00
Goal Weight: 55.00

8 kilos left.
Zero

Postby milkyway » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:28 am

Ses wrote:As for finding foods - I have had to go on a 6 week exclusion diet for a health issue; try to find food when you can have no gluten, no soy, no dairy, no rice, no potato, no meat (except roo and rabbit), no nuts (but seeds are OK). :roll:

Sounds like the dark chocolate diet to me ... :P
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Ses » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:40 am

dairy free chocolate is allowed - but I cant find one that does not have corn or rice flour ...... :cry:
[[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wg3ZtyW/]
[/url]
Ses

sushi

Postby janda » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:51 pm

you know there are far worse things to pig out on. sushi (in moderation) is a very healthy choice. white rice perhaps not the best rice to have (not low GI). all in all you probably got off lightly (no pun intended). :)
i'm doing kate morgan and liking it

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtCPm0W/]
[/url]
janda

Postby SarahC » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:20 pm

I used to love sushi, but I had a couple of bad experiences where I was half way through eating a hand roll and got overcome by awful nausea... sitting in the middle of the foodcourt wondering if I will make it to the bathroom or not! Now I'm a little scared whenever I eat it.
SarahC

Return to Confessional