It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:55 am

Free Newsletter

binge binge binge purge purge purge

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

binge binge binge purge purge purge

Postby cometcupid » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:21 am

Ugh, just when you think you're out of old habits...

Yesterday I was really good during the day. Then I went to happy hour, drank a beer and shared some pizza with my friends. THEN on the way home I went through the mcdonalds drive thru. THEN i ate cookies, ice cream, and chocolate and made myself purge. I went so far as to cancel my weigh-in at sureslim today because I know that I will have gained.

Ugh, I know i'm already in therapy for this, and it was a particularly bad day but I just ate a bacon and egg roll for breakfast.

I still don't understand why I do this to myself. I'm going to a tummies and tails class at lunch, but far out, I know that I'm going to have a bad day today as well.

Postby sassi » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:32 am

hiya :)

do you count calories at all? the reason i ask is that yesterday is done now, you can't change what happened, can only learn from it. but today is still okay. if you count cals, you still have the opportunity to work your breakfast into your day's eating (especially as you're exercising).

today can be a good day - it's not too late :)

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:04 pm

when you say purge, do you mean making yourself vomit or laxatives? Both do terrible things to your body when used in such a way so I wish you all the best in getting it under control.

Today is a new day and you can focus on stepping things down day by day.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:06 pm

dont be so hard on yourself. sassi is right, you can still balance out the rest of your meals for the day so you can incorporate things like bacon and eggs into your day. sometimes we just think about things until after we have eaten them. i think its just a habit that takes time to break. chin up

Postby madeline » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:52 pm

I know it's probably not what you want to do, but you should still keep your weigh-in appointments... I'm sure they've seen heaps of people plateau or gain weight. It's the brave thing to do, and will help you because you're not hiding, you're admiting you need to change a couple of things. Don't worry hun, things like this happen.
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)

Postby esoteric » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:37 pm

Don't worry hon, I am in the same boat at times, I had that pizza the other day and afterwards. I did the same thing. I feel like I have no control over food at times it's not just it being yummy or delicious, its something it seems to me at the top of my mouth or the back of my tongue like I can't get enough. I eat and I am stuff but I still feel the craving to eat more. Thats the reason I purge.

Lately I have tried to eat healthier, so I don't feel the need to purge it even when I eat more then I think I should. Yesterday for example I had basmati rice, no not a serving more like 2 cups, but since its not like having pizza, I tried not to think about it and then wish to go to the bathroom to get rid of it. Best part it didn't affect my weight at least this last time it didn't.

I have to think of this as a change for life, to eat healthy, I do this I think "If I eat healthy everyday and interval walk for an hour everyday, is it possible for me to not lose weight." I really feel that I will lose I just have to be more disciplined with myself.

I understand your feelings completely, I used to be a size 5 and that was from running in the morning and most evenings and purging, it ruined my teeth and its harder now to purge, fingers don't work anymore. I think one time the small fold at the back of the throat was stuck in an abnormal way. It's a bad habit that we have the power to overcome but the only way is to try to stick only to healthy food.

Hope you do feel better I know you are hardest only on yourself. Sara

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:35 am

hi there :)
I dont really know what to say, except that I am also in therapy for binge eating (although I dont purge) It is such a hard thing to overcome, it is a constant battle for me, every day, every meal...I cant really suggest anything other than to remove tempting foods (hard if like me you will binge on anything, even coming up with bizaar food combinations) have alternative activities to eating (can be hard when you just want to EAT!) like knitting, crosswords, scrapbooking? Drink lots of water, If find when I am properly hydrated the PHYSICAL urge to eat subsides somewhat (the emotional urge is another thing!)
Its hard to love yourself after a binge, I usually get into a really negative cycle, eat the food until my stomach hurts, I feel sick and I have a headache and feel dizzy, and then stop and cry and feel like such a loser, like I have no self control, that I am fat and ugly etc.... What I have learned so far in my therapy is that those negative feelings are already there, before I binge...yes they come out afterwards, but they are still need to get rid of the negative self talk, (sooo hard! :shock: ) and try to tell yourself everyday that you ARE beautiful, you ARE strong, intelligent, lovable, and most of all WORTHY of weight loss, and of a fantastic life, happy and healthy.
I have gone as far as to write these things on a poster thats stuck to my wall, so that even if I feel that I am not worthy of these things, it is sreaming at me with capital letters whenever I walk past. :o SO, lol all I can say is today is another day babe, thats the way I look at cant change yesterday, but today can be the first day of the rest of your life ;) xxx

Postby HappyBella55 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:15 am

Playboy bunny that is great advice.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!

Re: binge binge binge purge purge purge

Postby Skeemz » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:42 am

Hi there,

I work for a television production company.. We are currently making a documentary for ITV1 exploring the issues surrounding pregnancy and eating disorders. The film will be a thoughtful and insightful look into this extremely sensitive subject.

We’re in the research stage of our production and very keen to chat to women who are, or have been, pregnant whilst having an eating disorder to raise awareness.
If you’re interested in having a chat or finding out more about our documentary, it would be really great to hear from you. All communication would be in complete confidence.

You can contact me on: [email protected] or call me on +4420 7013 4595.

Return to Confessional