It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:06 am

Free Newsletter

Why do I do this?

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Why do I do this?

Postby vanessa0305 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:22 pm

So this morning I stepped on the scales like I do every morning. And after a week of being exceptionally good I was disappointed to see my weight up more than a kilo. Now even though yesterday I was at 65.4kgs and today I was at 66.6kgs I know I can't really have put on that much weight over night. I still got very depressed and ate.

I started off ok with my yogurt and fruit for breakfast and 1/2 a slim secrets bar for morning tea, but then I had a whole packed of waffers and a 50g pack of salt and vinegar chips and then help my daughter finish of her chips and then had a LCD's bar. Am I insane. I stepped on the scales and it still read 66.6kgs even with a belly full of food.

I just can't believe that I still do this....why, I know in my head that the weight gain was not real. And yet I really stuff things up! I just don't know what I am going to do!!
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby lng86 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:46 pm

It, unfortunately, happens to the best of us.

You have done SO well - and should be SO proud. You are an inspiration to us all. HOWEVER - you are human. We all make mistakes... And by writing down that confessional you have admitted to overeating today. It's not the end of the world. Start clean from now!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:19 pm

are u sure your scales arent buggered?
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:24 pm

hmmm I dont know mate :( Good point from Kate though, maybe your scales are knackered??? Our bodies fluctuate so much day to day, which is why they recommend that we only weigh once a week (easier said than done!!) I dont know what to say to u hun as I am hardly the poster child for good eating habits :shock: but you should be SO proud of what you have achieved so far....you have done incredibly well, you are SUCH an inspiration to me (((HUGS))) to you mate :)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby HappyBella55 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:20 pm

I used to do the same thing....jump on the scale every morning ...but I have stopped doing that....I am now only weighing myself on my designated weigh in day....

The scales have the power to dictate my mood - if it’s not a good reading I tend to have a crappy day and yes be tempted to eat....so maybe you should stop weighing yourself everyday. All the weight you lost is not going to suddenly pile on overweight – just monitor is once a week.

Do you think its fear of reaching your goal weight and being where you want to be that is causing you to over-eat?

This happens to me sometimes. I do so well with food and exercise then I have this negative voice always saying you're a failure, you've failed in the past what's going to make this attempt any different and so on which overwhelms me and in turn causes me to go binge.

Maybe its fear that is causing you to eat more...because if you do put on a little weight you know what you have to do to lose it...(I'm assuming you are in a maintenance phase now? from your ticker) and now that you are in maintenance do you think you are afraid to get off the weight loss roller coaster?
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby jacka » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:52 pm

Vanessa I agree with the others that standing on the scales daily is a big mistake. All it has achieved is making you feel bad about yourself. The best thing that you can do is get back on track and focus on the right now and how you will feel when you eat well.
The other thing which I find really helps when I am about to binge (we all know when it starts to happen) is to distract myself with spomething straight away e.g call a friend, walk the dog, send an email or go to a positive website. If it happens at night I take the advice of the secret on my Slim Secrets wrapper and go and brush my teeth (and this usually puts and end to my night time binge).
I know you can't do it during the day but definitely distracting yourself away from the binge will postpone it usually for good that day. Sorry for the lond winded reply but I used to be the queen of bingeing so I hope this helps. Lastly you should be proud of what you have achieved so far and don't let setbacks get you down as we all have them.
jacka

Return to Confessional