It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:30 am

Free Newsletter

Eating The Wrong Stuff

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

Eating The Wrong Stuff

Postby Dolly » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:10 am

At my daughters engagement party, Instead of eating and drinking for 5 hours like everyone else was doing,
I just stayed away from the tempting food tables and helped with the bbq cooking of the sausages, steaks, calamari, and chicken shish kebabs instead.
In this time I only ate a little mexican layer dip.

I waited until the end, when the speeches were being done and had two small pieces of cake, and two flutes of champagne.
Many people kept coming to me saying to go eat some food, I was pretty hungry but I just told them I've already had some food thank you.
But the champas and cake and dip, still made me gain heaps of weight anyway.

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:46 pm

It must be hard for you, but you just have to keep forging ahead! We all believe in you, so you should too. Hugs
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby Jenni » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:57 pm

No need to sweat the small stuff! Its not like you could've done any better! I mean obviously there wasn't anything healthy there, and you would have been hungry, so you ate. It could have been worse, you could have avoided all food until the last minute and then gorged on cake because you were so hungry!

I think you did the best any of us could have in that situation, and as for the champaigne, well, who doesn't have a champaigne at an engagement party!? It would be rude not to!

Keep chugging along girl and you'll get there in no time, and remember that setbacks, in moderation ofcoarse, give us motivation to continue! Just like the girls that didnt lose or even gained in their first week....and they kept going, and they lost the next week.

Return to Confessional