It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:31 pm

Free Newsletter

my confession

Weightloss Confessions where you can confess your weight loss sins.

Moderator: Moderators

my confession

Postby frumpy07 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:30 pm

I must admit I have been on my bestest behaviour since I made the decision to eat healthier. When I felt like chocolate over the weekend I bought a chocolate bar, took a bite than threw the rest away. But today, I have snacked too much and eaten some chocolate (and didnt throw any away). I feel like I have let myself down in a way especially because if it werent for the thunderstorms at the moment Id probably be driving to the shops to buy some more chocolate. Hmmm what to do, what to do....
Actually I might crank up the music in my room and dance around like an idiot..... maybe that will stop my cravings....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

STICKS AND STONES MAY BREAK YOUR BONES, BUT CAKE WON'T HEAL WHAT HURTS YOU.
frumpy07

Postby Angel » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:52 pm

Oh frumpy, doesn't sound like you've had a good day at all.

Remember to keep things in perspective. It's only one bad day so tomorrow get back on track and continue on your journey. It's what you do after that bad day that counts.

I find it really useful to look back on my bad day and try and pinpoint what triggered by snacking, this way I can learn from my mistake eg. if I snacked because you had a visit from someone that makes you feel awful about yourself you can then work out 1. how to avoid that person or 2. what you can do so what they say doesn't mess up your plans to lose weight eg. a boxacise class afterwards!

It may be useful for you to work out what one food you can't live without and then include it in your weekly diet. For example, if its chocolate, you could have a mini mars bar or a freddo once a week (for me, Sunday). I find this works better than not having it at all, if I feel like bingeing I don't because I know I'll get that treat on Sunday.

Don't be too hard on yourself, chock it up to experience and continue on your journey - you can do it - we are all here to support you,
hope this helps,
Angel
[/url]
Angel

its the kids fault! :)

Postby frumpy07 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:04 pm

I do some babysitting at least once a week, and I find when Im with them I want the cordial theyre drinking or find Im craving sugar so I will help myself to their freddo frogs :oops:
If Im by myself doing whatever or at my other job Im fine its just when Im there....
[/url]

frumpy07

Postby Dolly » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:18 pm

Hi Rebekah,
I know what you mean about wanting the kids snacks. I do before school childcare work and the smell and taste of the breakfast foods and lunch snacks I have to prepare the kids also make my mouth water.

When I use to go to Weight Watchers, one of the ladies there put our group onto a really great tip.
She said to go to a Woolworths store (near where they sell tooth paste and stuff) You'll see a tiny blue breath spray bottle called
Ultrafresh cool mint breath spray.
Whenever you have a craving, take out your bottle of minty spray and squirt your tongue once or twice. It totally puts your mind off the track of any naughty foods. One tiny bottle should last you a full year.

I hope we get a bit more rain to put out the bush fires, cough choke...
Last edited by Dolly on Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby frumpy07 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:25 pm

thanks for that tip...

im babysitting tomorrow too so i might take them up to the shops so i can buy it.... its the days i babysit that can really stuff me up

thanks again :)
[/url]

frumpy07

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:59 am

sounds like a good tip Dolly, I'll have to grab some myself!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Confessional