It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:35 pm

Free Newsletter

Luna's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Luna's Progress

Postby Luna » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:27 pm

I think I'll follow the example here and try and write something in here every day, which will hopefully motivate me and help me stay on track. :D

I'm doing Weight Watchers, as I found that worked for me before. I'm not going to be going to the meetings though, just following the guidelines. I am allowed 20 points a day.

My plan was to do this today:

Eat properly - healthy, low fat and within my 20 points Weight Watchers allowance.
Drink 2L of water.
Go for a walk
Do upper body and abs toning exercises.
No soft drinks or caffeine.

This is how it went:

It wasn't too bad, but I'm not feeling wonderful. I know from experience that it normally takes a few days to adjust to the whole thing so I am just going to try and ride it through. I feel tired, weak, and have a headache. Oh well, if this is what it takes, heh....

I haven't done any exercise yet. It's too late for a walk, but I may just manage the toning exercises. Fingers crossed. If not I'll do a bit more tomorrow.

Ate within 20 points (think I still have a few to spare)
Drank plenty of water. Not sure if it was 2L but close.

So all in all it was a goodish day.

Tomorrow's goals:

Eat properly - healthy, low fat and within my 20 points Weight Watchers allowance.
Drink 2L of water.
Go for a walk
Do lower body and abs exercises.

Think I'll be having an early night tonight. It's the easiest way to ignore the hunger pangs. 8)
Luna

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:04 pm

hey luna i enjoyed reading your progress, keep up the great work it will pay off :)
kate_turner2000

Postby rivenriver » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:56 pm

Go Luna!

;) I love the fireworks in your ticker - party time! It's a happy ticker!!!

If you're feeling weak, maybe you didn't eat enough? Or didn't eat enough or a certain food group, like protein or carbohydrates? I sometimes feel that way if I'm hungry and then I only eat fruit and veggies - it's like it's not enough to fuel everything (cos they aren't easy to digest, either!). I reckon, if you keep feeling that way, make sure you watch WHAT you're eating, as well as how much you're eating. Cos you might not be eating enough, if the stuff you eat isn't very big!

Good luck!!! :D
rivenriver

Postby Sas » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:04 am

Great work Luna! First day is always the hardest...

I hope you feel a little more energised today :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby Luna » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:49 pm

Thanks everyone for the motivation! It's really inspiring. :) Yep, I thought the ticker would be appropriate, only when I get to goal though, then I'll need that smiley with a party hat on from msn too. :wink:

Well here I am at the end of day two and I know it's early days but I am feeling GREAT! I've just got back from my walk and I managed to keep within my points, well only just! I messed up earlier, I was out and had sushi for lunch, but had the wrong points value in my head and when I got home I realised I had eaten 10 points worth!!! So that leaves me with 1 point for tonight's dinner. I am going to have to be VERY innovative there. LOL. Fortunately I'm not really hungry and I'm thinking of stir fry, which I might try with zero points vegies and keep away from the noodles and meat.

Other than that things are going to plan. I hope the weekend is good and I manage to stick to the points. I'm having a break from the exercising although I might fit in a couple of walks. Now if only I can stay away from junk foods I will be happy....

Have a great weekend! :)
Luna

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:22 pm

hi luna you sound like you are very motivated and doing well. im on day 2 as well and feel lousy LOL
kate_turner2000

Postby Luna » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:38 am

Thanks Kate. Hope you are feeling better today. It's my turn to be feeling lousy today and it's going to take a lot of willpower today to keep going, I can feel it. :x Have a great day. :D
Luna

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:45 pm

you CAN keep going mate. if i can survive a grocery shopping trip and a bakery trip without eating you can get through anything!
kate_turner2000

Postby Luna » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:17 pm

Going well again today. I am well within my points limit for the day and have just been for an hour long walk. I don't know if it's all in my head but I am feeling so much more energised since I have been watching what I eat again. I hope it continues!

Sundays are always the hardest because hubby is home and we normally go out as a family. The way I am feeling now I will be ok but I hope I feel the same way tomorrow when temptation is in my way.

Grocery shopping is the worst. If I am dieting then for some reason I always want to spoil the rest of the family and I load the trolly with yummy stuff for them. The problem is that I end up eating some of it myself. I don't know why I do that but I can't seem to stop. :x
Luna

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:51 pm

hey luna

i think the healthy food definately makes you feel better. must be all the vitamins and minerals and lack of preservatives and additives. i love food in their natural form! ... but then again... :roll:

keep up the great work, i like weekends but i am also grateful when the weekdays roll around too
kate_turner2000

Postby KarinAnn » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:16 pm

I don't think it is all in your head, unless it's in mine too. I find i have more enegry when i eat right. Well done on your progress so far.. Your doing great! :D

**I can and WILL do this**
KarinAnn

Postby shelbel » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:41 pm

Hey Luna, im a fellow ww at homer here, its worked well so far, though really slacking off lately! oopsie! So always uo for swapping tips and low point snack ideas!!

Good luck for your journey chickie! :wink:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Luna » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:53 pm

Thanks to all of you, you are all great! :D

I don't have a lot of time today so it's just a quick post. The weekend went well and I didn't cheat. Yay! I'm also happy to report that I've lost 2.2kgs so far. :shock: I know it's probably all water and it won't always be such a great loss but I'm happy anyway. :D

I really want to step up the exercise part this week as I've been a bit slack. Especially around the tummy area. I could do with a few less rolls there. :roll:

Today has gone well. Still feeling good and have lots of energy. I think you are right Kate, the healthy stuff does help!

Shelbel, If I come across anything yummy and points friendly I'll let you know. At the moment I'm doing a bit of a detox as well so I'm eating pretty boring but healthy stuff. :)

Good luck to all of you too! :D :D
Luna

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:09 pm

Hi Luna!

Just wanted to say that it sounds like you're doing great sticking to your healthy eating and exercise :D The weekend is one of the hardest times for sure, so well done on getting through it and not cheating :D

Looking forward to reading more of your progress :)
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:36 pm

well done luna you sound so energetic and really prospering from the weightloss. well done!
kate_turner2000

Return to Personal Progress