It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:21 am

Free Newsletter

Roar's New Journey

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Roar's New Journey

Postby Roar2Life » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:25 pm

For those of you who have been here a while you've no doubt read my previous thread earlier this year about struggling with my weight. Well i'm still struggling but i'm not going to let this beat me-i'm going to beat it and i'm going to share my journey with you. I'm going to restart my ticker shortly showing my current weight.

I think one of my past problems have been that i've always looked back at what i've achieved so far in regards to my weight loss. While I think it's important to acknowledge that, I think it's more important to look towards the future and what I want to achieve.

My current stats are as follows:
WEIGHT: 81.4kg
HEIGHT: 175cm
BODY FAT %: 32.3%

My GOALS are:
WEIGHT: 72kg
BODY FAT %: 25%

One of my biggest problems has been and continues to be chocolate. However, i've found that if I buy rich dark chocolate I can't eat as much!

On the 29th November I fly to Townsville for 2 1/2 months to work before heading to Uni. I'll probably fly back around the 12th of Jan for a few days for my 18th birthday. When I fly back I want people to go WOW. I want to look good and feel even better. It's not going to be easy because the people i'll be staying with are very much into takeaway and eating out on weekends though i'm going to make myself think before I order when I eat out and not choose chips on the side! However, i'm also lucky in that I work as a removalist/packer so it's pretty manual work.

So anyway, to conclude the long post I want to put up a couple of pictures. The first is of my formal which was held on the 19th October. The second is of a bikini I so desperately want but would never wear at my current size. The third and fourth pictures are of a couple of pairs of sunglasses that I would like to buy when I earn a bit of money. When I return from Townsville I no longer want to be such a fashion disaster tomboy. I want to be a sassy, sexy 18 year old that can wear tight clothes without being self concious about the size of my muffin tops or stomach.

I know I can do it because this is something I want so much. Before I wanted to lose the weight but now I want to lose it more than ever.

Thank you for reading my long post. :D
In a world full of people only some want to fly...
Roar2Life

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:43 pm

hey roar

you look absolutely stunning in your formal photo! i know that when you get back from being away in townsville and post photos of yourself looked tanned and terrific we will go 'wow'!!! so no doubt your family and friends will too. i know what you mean about being proud of your previous accomplishments with weightloss but still needing to look to the future. keep up the great work i am sure you will do great :)
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:45 pm

You look fabulous in that dress - you must carry your weight really well because you don't look overweight at all :) But good on you for moving towards a healthier you is fabulous.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:53 pm

oh my god! You look so beautiful! :D Like a fairy princess or something :D stunning!
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Mandie » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:18 pm

You look great in your formal pic :)

Sounds like a great goal to lose the weight for your 18th birthday.. I feel old, because I'm trying to do it for my 25th! :shock:

You CAN do it - can you cook? maybe you can make yourself and your housemates delicious meals instead of takeaway all the time.

Best of luck!
Mandie

Postby Sas » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:06 am

Wow you looked stunning at your formal!

Good luck with it all. You sound very motivated :)

So are you going to uni in Townsville as well? I'm originally from there. I went to uni at James Cook.... well I'm still enrolled through them. I'm flying to Townsville on the 19th of Dec for Christmas for 3 weeks.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby Chelle » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:23 am

Hey look georgeous in your formal dress, you cant even tell that you have been a tom boy :lol:

Did you end up applying to become an ambo or have you taken a different path & study somthing different??

Goodluck with your goals, you can do it, I know you can.
Chelle

Postby Roar2Life » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:01 pm

Hey Guys.

Well I went to walk out the door this arvo for a walk adn then found out my battery was flat on my MP3 :shock: but instead of giving in I used the music player on my phone instead :D Yay!.

I'm not going to Townsville for Uni-just to work for a couple of months.

Chelle, yep I decided not to join the Navy so i've applied to study at uni to become an advance care paramedic. Can't wait. I'll find out my school results about the 14th December and then find out if I got into Uni about the 3rd Jan I think. I'm pretty sure i'll get into at least one of the two paramedic courses I applied for. On my last report card I managed to get all As which was great considering I study English, Maths A, Geography, Legal Studies, Health Education and Ancient History. I was also the top legal student in my grade, second top maths A student and second top health ed student so i'm really happy with my results.
Roar2Life

Postby Roar2Life » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:23 pm

Ok. Time to update methinks. I weighed myself this afternoon and after 12 days measurements were as follows:
Weight: 79.2kg
Body Fat: 32.4%

I'm quite happy with that considering I had my last ever day at school last week (besides exams) and a few friends and I partied with a bit of junk food for a couple of days but all back on track now.

So yeah, that's my update. Ohh, and i'm flying back from Townsville for a few days over New Year's and i'm going to have an early 18th party. :D
Roar2Life

Postby Mandie » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:16 pm

well done on your loss :)
Mandie

Postby milkyway » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:27 pm

Congrats on your loss - that's fantastic, especially as you said that you partied with some junk food. Congrats on finishing high school - what a great feeling! *fingers crossed* for Deb 14 when your results come out but I'm sure you've maintained your high grades.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby shelbel » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:31 pm

Woohoo your in the 70's!! Well done :wink:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby JP1 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:07 pm

well done and good luck on your goals
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:32 pm

hi roar hope all is going well for you and that you had a nice end to your year of study :) best wishes for 2008 i havent forgotten you! xo
kate_turner2000

Re: Roar's New Journey

Postby Roar2Life » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:17 pm

Well guys pleased to say I have returned. Although I came back from Townsville about a month ago i've just been so busy organising uni and everything. Ok so an update for you all.

Study wise I finished school very well achieving a Very High Achievement in Maths A, Geography, Legal Studies and Health Eduation and a High Achievement in Ancient History and English. I also achieved an OP4. I am extremely pleased to report that I have been accepted into a Bachelor of Paramedic Science at the University of the Sunshine Coast and start tomorrow :o .

Weight/Fitness/Health wise I haven't gone anywhere near as well as I hoped. I've put on around 1/2kg to a kg but considering my eating habits i've been extremely lucky. Working 50 hours a week in Townsville saw me been extremely lazy when it came to food and eating whatever I felt like. Now i'm back home i'm starting to get in under control again. However I now have a bit of motivation because my soccer team has moved up from division 2 and will this year be playing division 1 so fitness is pretty important.

Anyway, at the moment i'm just trying to get back in the swing of things and am determined (once again) to lose those last few kg's. And for those who are interested I ended up buying the first pair of sunglasses.

Ohh and I got a tattoo :D much to my mother's disgust. It's a southern cross on the back of my shoulder and I love it. Anyway, cherio's and it's great to be back and i'll talk to you all again soon.

And thank you kate for your enquiry. :wink:
Roar2Life

Next

Return to Personal Progress