It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:20 pm

Free Newsletter

9 kgs down and 12 to go

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

9 kgs down and 12 to go

Postby donnadeadly » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:29 pm

Hi, Donna here.

I have put a small intro in the introduction section but this is a little update and a little more information on me. Back in July I had an etopic pregnancy and lost the baby and tube through a surgical procedure. I was told that I needed to lose 30 kg and be careful about the posibility of having another an losing the other tube. Well heck!!!! I knew I had put on weight and a lot. I had taken of 25 kgs 2 years previously and was close to putting it all back on minus 5 kg. I procrastinated for the next month and the next month and then knew I was ready and strong enough after some grief counselling to deal with facing my weight issue again, Again Again.

I started at 106 kilo's on the 3rd of October. My goal is initially to get down to 85kg's, the lightest I will have ever beenin my teenage and adult life. and a majority of the recommended 30 kg's gone. I have it set out for a December completion, hard work and focus and on track withstanding.

It is now a month later and I am currently 97 kg's as of this morning - 6th November. I planned to lose 8 kg's for the month and made my monthly goal with a few slack days (10 in total) during the month. My reward to myself was ment to be a new swim suit for summer. i decided on a gym membership instead and am saving the swim suit for this months reward as I feel I will appreciate it more.

And it has only really been this week that I can actually look at myself and say WOW! I can see changes. It is such a flashback.... Oh my wrists and arms are smaller, Oh I can see my colar bones are starting to reappear. Oh my legs are actually starting to look toned and don't quiver as much when i grabbed them and push them around. I had to stop telling myself to keep going to the mirror and only seeing where you haven't got, see what needs changing, trust in the hard work and the energy and how easier things become - like shaving the back of your legs and seeing clearly what you are shaving. Stop listening to that voice that is screaming at you - Oh the scales must be lying cause I cant see a difference in the mirror or when I look at my body - Of course I cant when I am expecting some miricle to happen every other second and I am running to the mirror day in and out beating myself up for not seeing this wonderful transformation. Rome surely was not built in a day but I wonder if it would ever have been built if it had people like the doubter in me working on it. Anyway, stupid thoughts but something we are most certainly easily capable of doing to ourselves - nothing like a bit of self sabitage - cop out whining - emotionall bullying ROT to make sure we furfill our bad expectations.

I have actually started a tracker but cant work out how to get it attached to this, so please if anyone can help me with this I would be very greatful. It is nice to read through so many other stories and be reminded of the same feelings and struggles.
On the road to losing weight for the second time, hoping for 20kg off for Christmas and to make it a life change this time.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTJ34qJ/]
donnadeadly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:33 pm

hey donna you need to attach your ticker code (the bb one) to your signature in your profile section. in the forum help section on the forum there is a section about attaching a ticker graph to help you :)

thanks for sharing all that with us, i bet its a good release getting it off your chest :) theres 7 weeks to xmas and they recommend .5-1kg a week loss for a woman so im sure you will do the best you can to get as close to your goal as possible.
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:08 pm

hey, thanks for sharing your story with us donna. sounds like you've been through a lot!

well done on your progress so far, and best of luck for the future!
Mandie

Re: 9 kgs down and 12 to go

Postby HappyBella55 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:55 pm

Hey Donna, sorry to hear about your loss *hugs*.

Congratulations on losing 9kgs that is such a great result.

Good for you for getting a gym membership. Swimmers are a good reward for your next weight loss. You sound so determined and motivated you will certainly lose close to or reach your next goal by chrissy.

donnadeadly wrote:

I had to stop telling myself to keep going to the mirror and only seeing where you haven't got, see what needs changing,

Stop listening to that voice that is screaming at you - Oh the scales must be lying cause I cant see a difference in the mirror or when I look at my body - Of course I cant when I am expecting some miricle to happen every other second and I am running to the mirror day in and out beating myself up for not seeing this wonderful transformation. Rome surely was not built in a day but I wonder if it would ever have been built if it had people like the doubter in me working on it. Anyway, stupid thoughts but something we are most certainly easily capable of doing to ourselves - nothing like a bit of self sabitage - cop out whining - emotionall bullying ROT to make sure we furfill our bad expectations.

I can so relate to what you are saying here. I have the same negative voice in my head and this week has been particularly tough - self sabotage is so hard to overcome.

There are things I unconsciously do which I am changing, it's not easy but by the end of my journey I hope to have overcome them.

Truthfully I can't see the difference yet. I've lost 6kgs but feel just as fat :( . I can't wait for my wow moment.

Its so true Rome wasn't built in a day so why do we always expect this weight to come off straight away. The way I'm looking at it - I gained a whooping 20kgs in 2 years so I'm not going to lose it all within the space of a week. I've still gotta work on the unrealistic expectations.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:58 am

Ditto that Bella!

Definitely sounds like you've had a rough time, but what a motivation to make that change!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby donnadeadly » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:41 pm

Thanks heaps to all. I have got that ticker working so thankyou very much for the useful info

I know what the recommended .5 to 1 should be where I am aiming for and I am more than happy for that - each week is a good week if this is happening and if it is more, wow. I have a tendancy to set high goals and not accomplish them, so I am tricking myself a little with setting a high goal and a minimum goal. But I have also made it less about getting the weight goal these last 2 weeks and more about positive action and concentrating on my changing my thought patterns and still have managed to get my high target. Wow!!! I somehow think these are all related.

"Hey Yes, I am having that thought again about craving and wanting that self indulgence food. What do I need to do for my life changing habits A) find a healthy food that feels luxurious and reward good changes with positive thoughts for making the right choice B) Do something to distract me that is active - go for a walk, run, bike ride, play uplifting music C) go buy a packet of it take out one have it and through the rest in the bin as you walk out the store and do an extra 5 minutes at the gym.

Yes I can have the negative thought but I need to go STOP!!!!!! this is only leading me to the fridge or cupboard and worse feelings and thoughts. These thoughts are natural rebelion thoughts to change. But we also need to pat ourselves on the back for just pulling them up and the next is to find another action that is proactive and achnowledge "Hey! I just made a healthy life choise! I am proud of myself. I am invinsible and I am confident. -- So what I slipped up once today and did maintenance to fix it by working out an extra 5 minutes.
On the road to losing weight for the second time, hoping for 20kg off for Christmas and to make it a life change this time.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTJ34qJ/]
donnadeadly

Return to Personal Progress