It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:53 pm

Free Newsletter

Libbylouloss - my journey

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Libbylouloss - my journey

Postby Libbylouloss » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:24 am

This is only my 2nd post on here since signing up yesterday. There is so much on this forum that I don't know where to start looking!

My first day was quite a good one, just the reminder that I had signed up here was inspiration to stay on the straight and narrow!

I am following my last Weight Watchers plan, so I am on 21 points per day, and think I ate everyone of those points, but I did go for a walk to playgroup and back again. And I managed to avoid all the yummy food on the table at playgroup too - I took rice crackers and salsa and only ate that.

We had a really nice stir fry for tea, I am going to enjoy getting back into stir frys and salads! Tonight I think we might have home made subs.

Snacking in-between meals is always an issue with me, but yesterday I realised that I am only eating out of boredom, and just that desire to change (or keep!) the taste in my mouth! So this is something that I need to address....I might try coming on here and reading some others peoples weight loss stories to gain some inspiration instead of eating.

Will try and post something on here each day about how I am going, and try to keep myself honest! :D
Libby
Libbylouloss

Postby Mandie » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:29 am

You're on the right track Libby!

The trick to avoiding mindless snacking is to avoid boredom, I reckon... find stuff to do OTHER than eating (like come on here and read stories!)

Best of luck :)
Mandie

Postby Libbylouloss » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:09 pm

Well I have been a bit slack about posting! I have tried so hard to be a good girl, have been walking everyday, and just being more conscious of what I am eating (and snacking on). But I made the mistake of weighing myself tonight and found I am heavier than I was when I started my journey last Thursday....very disheartening, can't understand it at all....but I will stay strong and not let my emotions get the better of me.

Does this happen to anyone else and does anyone know why??!!

Tomorrow it is back to work, which is OK as I am always so busy that I don't eat much,but DANGER, DANGER is when I get home after work. Had better start some planning now....
Libby
Libbylouloss

Postby tamlee » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:43 pm

Hey Libby and welcome to the forum :)
Try weighing yourself in the morning just after you have been to the toilet before you eat :) If you weigh in the afternoon all the food and drink you have taken in during the day will show as a weight gain also *that time of the month* will give higher weigh ins for some people too :)
Try using a measuring tape as well as the scales, you may bulk up a little with Muscle.

I wish you the very best on your weight loss journey :)

Tam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlFCALM/]
[/url]
tamlee

Postby JP1 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:40 pm

was going to say the same as above weigh yourself at the same time, I notice my weight can fluctuate by as much as 2 Kilos depending on exactly when I weigh myself with heaviest being when I have my evening meal and lightest being after morning exercise and before brekkie so don't be disheartened. Keep up the good work and next time hopefully you wills ee a reduction. Remember if you consume less calories than you are expending through diet and exercise you will lose weight FACT!
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby Mandie » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:45 pm

*repeats what has been said above*

The scales are evil and cannot be trusted. Keep doing healthy things, and you will BE Healthy, and the weight WILL come off. :)
Mandie

Return to Personal Progress