It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:42 am

Free Newsletter

Firefly's Journey

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Firefly's Journey

Postby Firefly » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:12 am

Hi Everyone,

Having stumbled across this wonderful forum of people with similar goals to mine, how can I not help feeling motivated.

Never again will I be 133 kilos, the heaviest I have ever been. I need to find the real me, under all this padding. So, I am starting a journey that I know will help me to feel more energetic, healthier, and let me actually buy nice clothes instead of being a wishful window shopper. A bonus would be to be able to get off the BP meds one day.

There are so many goals to aim for, like my son's wedding in May 2008. It would be such a thrill to be able to wear something stunning rather than sedate.

:D So, my journey starts here....

133 kilos
5'11"

Measurements:
117cm Bust
101cm Waist
143cm Hips
83 cm Left Thigh
85cm Right Thigh
51cm Left Calf
54cm Right Calf
41cm Left Arm
41cm Right Arm

I plan to weigh and measure each Saturday, and will record my progress here. My main goal is to get under 100 kilos and then I will make an ultimate goal which will be closer to my ideal weight.
I will also plan mini goals along the way with non food rewards to aim for.

My first mini goal is to lose 10 kilos. Any suggestions for a reward for reaching this goal?

Wishing you all a great day,

Firefly :D
Firefly

Postby help6363 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:37 am

I know you will do well and that you will meet all your goals.

I look forward to reading about your successful and wonderful weight loss journey!

Oh, what types of rewards have you made for yourself?

Have a great day!

Cheers

Michelle :D
help6363

Postby oostevens » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:37 am

ooh yay good luck! i am on my way to my first 10kgs lost ha ha still not there though :p but i am sure u will reach it in no time!
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Firefly » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:19 am

Hi Again,
I got the biggest thrill when I got on the scales this morning for my weekly weigh in. YAY!!! After months of watching my weight sneak up, the scales are going the other way. Thank you all for inspiring me.

I have a terrible habit of getting on the scales every morning, which I want to break. I think I'll have to get my honey to hide them and bring them out each Saturday morning. hehe.

Anyhow, this morning I weighed 128.4 kilos! This is such a great feeling!

Just been thinking about what I have done different this week:
- Eating breakfast rather than skipping it
- Eating the healthy stuff at the work morning teas and not the cakes and bickies
- Smaller serves of meat for dinner & lots of vegies or salad
- Home grilled fish and salad instead of fish and chips
- drinking heaps of water - a bottle on the way to work, a bottle at work, a bottle on the way home.

Things I want to work on for next week:
- Start walking again - was unable to walk this week due to injury from fall
- Eat more fruit
- Continue drinking more water

Oh... and I want to buy 5 kilos of cheap flour and stick it in a bag and lift it to feel the weight I am no longer carrying around with every step I take.

So... here's to another positive week ahead!

Cheers, Firefly :lol:
Firefly

Postby chubbywife79 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:52 pm

Well done on your weightloss so far your doing great. Like you I'm on my way to the first 10 kg loss.
chubbywife79

Postby help6363 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:20 am

Firefly wrote:Hi Again,
I got the biggest thrill when I got on the scales this morning for my weekly weigh in. YAY!!! After months of watching my weight sneak up, the scales are going the other way. Thank you all for inspiring me.

I have a terrible habit of getting on the scales every morning, which I want to break. I think I'll have to get my honey to hide them and bring them out each Saturday morning. hehe.

Anyhow, this morning I weighed 128.4 kilos! This is such a great feeling!

Just been thinking about what I have done different this week:
- Eating breakfast rather than skipping it
- Eating the healthy stuff at the work morning teas and not the cakes and bickies
- Smaller serves of meat for dinner & lots of vegies or salad
- Home grilled fish and salad instead of fish and chips
- drinking heaps of water - a bottle on the way to work, a bottle at work, a bottle on the way home.

Things I want to work on for next week:
- Start walking again - was unable to walk this week due to injury from fall
- Eat more fruit
- Continue drinking more water

Oh... and I want to buy 5 kilos of cheap flour and stick it in a bag and lift it to feel the weight I am no longer carrying around with every step I take.

So... here's to another positive week ahead!

Cheers, Firefly :lol:

Well done on your weight loss....GREAT NEWS! :D I knew you would be successful with your weight loss journey, never doubted it for a moment. I look forward to hearing about more of your successful weight losses in the very near future. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! YOU ARE DOING AN AMAZING JOB! :D

I like your idea of cheap flour to show yourself how much weight you have lost......that's a fantastic idea. Sometimes, I forget if that I have lost weight and go and try on a larger size..... I know I am strange!

I weigh myself every morning too...I know, bad habit but I can't seem to break it, so I know what you mean!

Oh, good news that you are feeling well enough to start walking again....that's excellent!
help6363

Postby Firefly » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:27 am

help6363 wrote:Well done on your weight loss....GREAT NEWS! :D I knew you would be successful with your weight loss journey, never doubted it for a moment. I look forward to hearing about more of your successful weight losses in the very near future. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! YOU ARE DOING AN AMAZING JOB! :D

I like your idea of cheap flour to show yourself how much weight you have lost......that's a fantastic idea. Sometimes, I forget if that I have lost weight and go and try on a larger size..... I know I am strange!

I weigh myself every morning too...I know, bad habit but I can't seem to break it, so I know what you mean!

Oh, good news that you are feeling well enough to start walking again....that's excellent!

Hi Michelle,
I found last time that I lost a lot of weight, (at that stage 20 kilos), that I really struggled to lift 20kilos of flour... it was a very 'real' way to realise just what those figure on the scales mean in terms of no longer carrying around that weight. Less stress on my feet and legs, less stress on everything.

This morning I am experimenting adapting my usual muffin recipe to make it lower in fat and sugar. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. My honey will be the test hehe.. If he finds it edible, then it will be ok. hehe.

Time to test the guinnea pig.... "Oh Honey... fancy a muffin??"

Have a great day!

Cheers, Firefly
Firefly

Postby Firefly » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:28 am

chubbywife79 wrote:Well done on your weightloss so far your doing great. Like you I'm on my way to the first 10 kg loss.

We are both on the same path then, It's going to be so good to reach that first 10 kilo goal. Perhaps we can encourage each other along the way.

Cheers Firefly
Firefly

Postby chubbywife79 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:45 am

I reckon we could because I'm not doing so well lately.
chubbywife79

Postby Firefly » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:24 pm

Hi again,
Hmmm.. what can I say, I was good for the first half of the week, then all hell broke loose at work and I tumbled back into old habits. I need to learn from my reaction to the stress of it all...and not loose focus on eating healthy. Ok, so tomorrow is another day, and while I didn't weigh on Saturday as I had planned, I definatley will next saturday. Infact, I will weigh tomorrow morning and update my weight on here.

I have a couple of challenges this week. 2 work related dinners to attend. Gotta make sure that I choose healthy options. Any suggestions? Its been ages since I've been to a restaurant and bothered about making the right choice. Usually I just go for what looks delicious on the menu.

So... firing up for a good week ahead. will check back each day and add my thoughts on the day.

Cheers,
Firefly
Firefly

Postby chubbywife79 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:30 pm

Sorry to hear you had a bad week, like you said it another day tomorrow.
chubbywife79

Postby Firefly » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:08 am

Weighed this morning 128.2 kilo
Firefly

Postby milkyway » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:33 am

Hey Firefly - a loss is a loss, eh? And it wasn't a gain.

Best advice I can give you in regards to selecting healthy options is to be prepared in advance with healthy snacks and foods.

All the best!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Firefly » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:41 pm

Hi Milkyway,
Yep, gotta think positive... any loss is good no matter how little. I didn't have time this morning to even realise I was .2 of a kilo less than when I weighed last.

Today has been ok, but I know I can do better tomorrow. Gotta remember to do smaller serves too. So that's tomorrow's aim.

Have a great day,
Cheers, Firefly
Firefly

Postby help6363 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:12 am

Firefly wrote:Hi Milkyway,
Yep, gotta think positive... any loss is good no matter how little. I didn't have time this morning to even realise I was .2 of a kilo less than when I weighed last.

Today has been ok, but I know I can do better tomorrow. Gotta remember to do smaller serves too. So that's tomorrow's aim.

Have a great day,
Cheers, Firefly

WELL DONE ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS! :D

I know you will be so successful at your weight loss journey.

I lose 100 grams some weeks.....but it's a loss! YAH!!!!! :D
help6363

Next

Return to Personal Progress