It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:19 pm

Free Newsletter

Kazy's journey starts today!!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Kazy's journey starts today!!

Postby kazy » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:37 am

last night i told the kids that from today we are gonna take the dog for a walk every morning.. glad i did cos tey woke me up nice and early and nagged for us to go!! no better motivator than that ROFL!!!

So off we went.. I live on property so we decided to walk down to the creek, across to the bridge, up the road (a big long hill probably more than 1/2 a kilometre) then down our long driveway.. when we got to our gate we walked around the fenceline to a side gate cos i am scared of walking over the cattle grid :oops:

so now we are back.. took just over half hour i think.. will pay attention to time tomorrow so i can check my progress.. also rtomorrow we will leave earlier cos its so hot out there now and the flies!!! OMG the flies!!! hehehe.. and we will plan a bit better cos the pattersons curse is knee high, my legs are sooooo itchy!! we wore long pants so it wouldnt get us too much, but it made me even hotter!!!

so now we are off to have a shower, then have breakfast..

Postby shelbel » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:12 pm

Your off to a good (but itchy) start there Karen! :D

Look forward to keeping up with your success!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)

Postby sassi » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:16 pm

sounds like a good start to the day (apart from the itches & flies!).

it's so cool your kids want to come too :)

Postby Justjudy » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:01 pm

What a great start Kazy. There is nothing like nagging kids to motivate you. I take mine on their bikes ( I puff a lot trying to keep up) and if I disappoint them by saying we are not going today - watch out ears, they are champion naggers. Keep up the good work!

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

Postby electrongirl » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:28 pm

fantastic start there!

My mum used to live on a farm and I would stay with her sometimes, it was great exercise. I would walk to check the mailbox 3 days a week which was a 2.5km walk each way!! hahaha.

Its a shame I'm back in suburbia and everything is so close by!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog:

Image Image

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:11 pm

Hey Kazy, welcome and well done :D The flies sound like a pain in the bum. I hate it when I'm out walking/running and they decide to 'bug' me, I had 3 flies on each shoulders the other day!!! Maybe you should get some Aeroguard or "Off"??

Sounds like you're going great guns, can't wait to hear more of your progress :D

Em xoxo

Postby electrongirl » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:14 pm

oh god yes the flies!!

My hubby keeps reminding me they have no flies where he is from!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog:

Image Image

Postby milkyway » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:21 pm

Good on you Kazy. Sounds like a good plan. The kids and dogs will love it too :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby chubba momma » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:57 pm

Good on you :D What a wonderful start. and FLIES suck!! We have them here too and they drive me nuts!!
chubba momma

Postby chubbywife79 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:33 pm

Good on you for a great start. Glad to hear you and the kids enjoyed the walk despite the flies!

Postby GoddessInside » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:08 am

Fantastic Start Kazy !!!

Don't let those Flies deter you !!
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg

Postby kazy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:27 am

thanks girls :)

ya know i even smothered myself in aerogard yesterday!! its the pattersons curse that would put me off more though.. dh went around the fence line yesterday with a whipper snipper so i can walk on the outside of the fence now.. might have to walk a different way to the creek though.. my daughter asked if he could mow us a strip, but its just too far and the hill is too steep in some parts for the ride on.

well we are off to cricket today (dh is an umpire).. he has some combined schools selection trials on today.. have to leave home by 8 so me and kids are going on our walk at 6:30.. they begged me to make sure they were up in time.. hehehe.. if i cant wake them though (which is sometimes the case lol - there are some cool places to walk where we are going today, and we will no doubt have all ay to do it!! either way we will get in at least half hour walking today :)

Postby kazy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:21 am

Well my daughter is up and we have decided to go on a big long walk at cricket today.. there is a creek and a bridge there so we will check out all the places we havent been before :) and means we are not on a time limit also!!

On another note.. my best friend is anorxic and slightly bulimic (sp?).. she wants to go to a new eating disorder support group that is starting up in town.. me and her had a big d&m about it the other night and im thinking of going with her.. not just as support for her, but for myself.. anyone else tried anything like that???

Return to Personal Progress