It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:34 pm

Free Newsletter

Jess (the slacker) has returned.

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby golden » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:26 pm

Gorgeous hair hun... wow <3
My weight- 58kgs :-) (BMI- 21.9)

Inner confidence- It's all in the eyes... the window to the soul
golden

Postby milkyway » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:56 pm

Hey Jess - good to see you back, bella :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby jeshka » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:12 pm

thanks guys! haha its amazing what 15 minutes with a curling iron and a bit of hairspray can do, hey Mads.

eating habits have been a bit dodgy this weekend - friday night was a complete blowout, but lets not go there. yesterday wasn't too bad, and today was much better, though i have been drinking all weekend, and not exactly low calorie choices either. yesterday we went to the beach and i didn't swim, but i did do a lot of walking through the soft sand, and i can feel it in my leg muscles today. my knee is also feeling a bit better, i'm wondering if perhaps the walking yesterday maybe helped strengthen it, if that's possible? it still kills to walk up and down stairs on it though, but i'll get there!

we were watching the victorias secret fashion show on telly last night (they showed it for the second time this week) and i was drooling over all the awesome underwear, and my boy said that if i get back down below 60kg (which i have never been since he's known me), he will buy me something from victorias secret. i was like :O ok!! haha. i like that he is trying to help by giving me these little incentives, he's a sweetie. he said he's going to get me a westfield gift voucher for xmas, so that i can go and buy some much needed summer clothes, and i've taken that as a challenge to myself to really get trimmed down quickly - i dont want to be buying size 12/14 stuff if i'm only going to fit into it for a short time. so the sooner the better! i'm going to take my measurements shortly, only because i'm bored stiff and have nothing else to do haha!
jeshka

Postby jeshka » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:31 pm

ok so my measurements have hardly changed, except i've lost 2cm off my waist and 5 cm off my tummy. i expected less, so thats ok. putting in more effort this week, as i know xmas (and a day full of poor eating habits) are just over a week away.
jeshka

Postby Sas » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:00 am

That is a great result chickie!

Good luck with getting under 60 so you can get some of the gorgeous underwear! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby jeshka » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:53 pm

yay we did grocery shopping tonight and i bought:
-baby spinach (yummmmm) as well as other salad & vegies
-celery, and low fat cottage cheese to have with it
-lean scotch fillet steak to have for lunch on the weekend
-some of those frozen (not crumbed/battered) fish portions that you grill or microwave, they are lemon pepper and garlic flavour, and actually rate reaaaaally well in the nutrition department!
-low fat soy milk so i can have my milo's for brekky again
-rockmelon (also for brekky)
-eggs (to boil and have with the salads)

and plenty more good stuff

i actually made a point of avoiding buying any bad stuff/junk. i know that the next couple of weeks are going to be snack and junk food central, so i am trying my best to eat well in the rest of that time. the past couple of days i have eaten ok, but have been grazing on a few chips here and there, and stuff like that. the next few weeks are going to be super hectic, not only with christmas, but with trying to get car stuff sorted, working late shifts, and trying to sort out the possibility of moving interstate (!!!), so i have to try my best to fit exercise and proper food preparation (instead of a lazy pie or packet of chips) in amongst all of that!
jeshka

Postby jeshka » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:06 am

today...

breakfast: milo with low fat soy milk, 2 pieces rockmelon (mmm)
lunch: grill fish portion, salad with baby spinach, cucumber and cherry tomatoes
snacks: nectarine, banana
dinner: tba - it will be some form of takeaway as we're doing xmas shopping tonight.
jeshka

Postby jeshka » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:29 pm

well of course i fell off the wagon at Xmas. Well, for the entire Xmas week, really. I didn't completely make a point of pigging out or anything, I just didn't watch what I ate at all. I had takeaway for breakfast AND lunch a couple of days in a row *shame* and last night we had friends over for a BBQ - had cheese & biccies, dip, steak, chicken kebabs and pasta salad. I did make a nice salad to have aswell but hardly anyone aside from myself ate it. And I went through nearly an entire bottle of vodka, but I mixed it with sugarfree Red-Bull/softdrinks so I wasn't getting a heap of unnecessary calories, which is good! Still, after spending my entire Sunday sleeping off the hangover, I have decided enough is enough. I let myself go for a week, and got sick of it. I am going to make the changes once and for all. And that's where my new years resolution comes in...

Every single year, I say I will lose weight. I never do. I say I will do it, but don't stick to it. 2007 was the year when I hit my most uncomfortable body weight. I wasn't as heavy as I was in 2006, but I was less active in 07 and my clothes haven't fitted well all year. 2008 is time for change. This week I am working the super late shift at work, I start at like 2.45pm, which gives me PLENTY of time to exercise in the morning. So I will do my workout DVD and if it is hot enough, go for a swim. Every single day. I've set myself several rules and incentives, to help me, and to encourage me. They are as follows:
-no more than 4 alcoholic drinks in one day/night unless it is a very special occasion
-not allowed to buy shorts/jeans/swimmers/anything 'fitted' until my current clothes of that type fit me comfortably (what is the point in buying new stuff if it will only fit me for a short time?)
-when I have lost enough weight off my stomach that I don't see the need to suck it in to avoid the 'pregnant' look anymore, I will buy myself some new belly-button jewellry :)
-no soft drinks until I've had 2 600ml bottles of water in 1 day, and no alcohol until i've had 3
-no sweets unless i've eaten properly and drunk all my water for 2 days in a row, and even then only 1 serve (ie. 1 biscuit or 1 fun size choccie, etc)
-only allowed takeaway once a week, and only if i've exercised at least 4 days of the week. and only allowed small serve (ie. small oporto burger/couple of pieces pizza/1 bacon&egg mcmuffin/etc - not like a whole pizza or kfc meal or anything!!)

that's all I've got so far, but these are going to be on the desktop on my computer (i am without printer, otherwise i'd stick it on the fridge and on my mirror too!) and i will look at it every single day, or whenever i feel tempted to give up and sabotage my weightloss efforts as i so often do! if i add to the list, i'll post up the new ones on here too.

Anyway, i am still tired and seedy from last night, so I am going to head to bed and get a good nights sleep in preparation for kicking myself into gear tomorrow! :)

Hope you all had a wonderful Xmas!!
jeshka

Postby Mandie » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:56 am

Sounds like you've made some sensible goals there jess, good luck with it and have a great 2008!
Mandie

Postby jeshka » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:15 pm

thanks Mandie, I'm really looking forward to those big changes :)

oh boy, i just did my workout DVD for the first time in ages, and it really took it out of me - that is sooo not good. i'm about to cook up some chicken so that i can have some decent dinner at work tonight, and i might just have a sandwich for lunch, or some eggs. I have had 2 cups of water today so far, yay! Not looking forward to going to work this arv :(
jeshka

Postby oostevens » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:16 pm

woot sounds awesome!

i agree with some of those boundaries :) after tonight i am decreasing my alcohol intake :) i am not crazy with it, but it cant be good for ya :p

2008 is going to be a great year, i can feel it already. i reckon you will do amazingly! you have already begun changing your lifestyle to suit the new year and thats awesome.

oportos is yum hey.... hehe

i try drinking 2L water a day, my comp has a reminder go off every 15mins telling me to have some water :) by 5pm its gone :)

good luck with it all, keep us posted, and i hope u feel better than yesterday :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby jeshka » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:21 pm

i loooove oporto! i don't think i could ever give that up completely!

yeah i'm feeling much better today, feeling a bit tired after that workout but a bit more awake... if that makes any sense whatsoever! yeah the alcohol is getting a bit too much i think. i love a drink. i love several drinks. but i don't love the feeling the next day - i hate wasting nice sunny sundays in bed with a huge headache, it's not worth it! i figure when i've gotten into shape, i can go out and feel confident without having to have 5 drinks to make me feel good first! bring on 2008!! :)
jeshka

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:25 pm

I hear you with the alcohol, Jess! I love a drink or three and I'm always trying to find ways to fit it into my diet and still lose weight. I've tried cutting it out completely and it just wasn't fun. So now I've cut down the amount I drink in a single session so I don't get blotto and I can still function the next day without a headache. I feel better now, but I still think it's slowing my weight loss dramatically. If you figure out a way to drink and still lose weight please let me know!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby oostevens » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:31 pm

i have never been drunk :) I have been mega tipsy once :)

I drink a bit but my body knows when to stop :p usually when i get tired :p or am sick of having to go to the loo :p

But i can have a FEW beers at a time....love beer.
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby jeshka » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:46 pm

beer is awesome but also not great for the weight loss - Hahn Super Dry and Pure Blonde are 2 low carb beers, check them out on calorieking, the difference between them and normal beer is insane! i usually try to have vodka with a sugarfree mixer, much better than premix or like champagne and stuff which are loaded with sugar. Still, i think i need to cut right down to make that difference, but i'll be interested to see if i do get results while being able to have my booze too!
jeshka

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress