It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:53 pm

Free Newsletter

Jess (the slacker) has returned.

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby sassi » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:19 pm

nice work on the exercise dvd - it is hard getting back into it tho, isn't it?! i got back on the exercise bike this morning & only did 20 mins - i was doing 40 a few months ago. oops!! nevermind, we're getting back into it jess & that's the important thing :D

hope work is bearable!
sassi

Postby jeshka » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:46 pm

thanks sassi :) i worked til 10.45, got home and went to bed pretty much, no drinks or anything. at least i didnt wake up with a hangover today!!!

yeah it is hard to get back into it, but i am definitely making the effort. this afternoon i put on my workout gear and my reeboks, and did some stretches, getting ready to go for a run. it was hot outside and i didnt have a water bottle to take with me, not to mention that i was running out of time to go grocery shopping before going to nicks dads place for dinner, and i really just wanted to sit down and watch DVDs for an hour. so i had a million excuses that i could have (and would usually have) used. but after putting on my workout stuff i thought 'i am gonna look like the biggest moron (to myself) if i put on my shoes and everything and just take them off without going out and doing any exercise'. so i asked nick if he wanted to come for a jog/walk/run, and he put on his shoes too. we went down to the sports oval which is a few blocks away, alternating between walking and jogging, and i actually jogged halfway around the oval - actually, i jogged about half the way there and half the way back too, which is really really good for me, as i have always sucked at/hated running with a burning passion. i was exhausted afterwards and drank heaaaps of water when i got back but my face was still super red for like an hour hahaha. just goes to show how unfit i am. but i felt really good. i thought about how those fitness freaks and trainers and stuff always say that exercise is so painful but feels so good at the same time, and how i used to think they were insane, but they're right! so we're going for a jog again tomorrow morning when we get up :)

that's just my little story. hehe. also had a really good eating day today, and did grocery shopping and bought HEAPS of good healthy food. i'm sticking to my rules really well, it's helping me to drink plenty of water, yay!

hope everyone had a great NYE!
jeshka

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:05 pm

That's terrific Jess! You're braver than I am, jogging in the heat like that.

I'd heard somewhere that just putting on your exercise gear when you don't feel motivated can help you actually get out and exercise. It's good to see that it works! I'll definitely be trying that from now on. Thanks for the tip!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:27 pm

Hey Jess - good to see you getting out there and giving the running a bit of a go. Keep it up and you might be suprised by how quickly your fitness improves. Go for it!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby chubbywife79 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:09 am

Hey there, sound great you went for the jog in the heat! I can't exercise in the heat, I have to do it in the morning preferbably round 6am but if I'm not up I miss out which I feel guilty.
chubbywife79

Postby oostevens » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:57 am

ha ha ha thats awesome Jess!

i wish i could run or jog around an oval :p well maybe i could ha ha but no ovals near me :(

awesome that u got nick to go as well :)

this year will be great. hubby and i also started out workouts again :) today is day 3, so far we have worked out days 1 & 2 :)

And yes, i had 1 no 2 no 3 no 4 no 5 no 6 no 7 beers for you :p

But no hangover for me :) ain't never been drunk :)

*hug*
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby jeshka » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:13 am

haha great to hear you had some drinks on NYE, Rach! Nick is lucky like you, he doesn't get hungover. And it takes him half a case of booze to get drunk! i'm not really a lightweight, i just have a habit of drinking too much too fast haha :)

thanks for all the comments guys! this morning Nick got me out of bed at 7am to go for another jog. I was half asleep and grumpy cos it took me forever to get to sleep last night so i was super tired (still am), but i put on my shoes and we just did about 15 mins around the block and made a stop at the servo to get a new water bottle. it is sooo hot in the mornings - i would prefer to go jogging at dusk when the sun isn't in my eyes and there's a cool breeze, but i'm doing the late shift at work this week, so that will have to wait til next week! i'm feeling more awake now, gonna make some brekky soon, can't wait! i'm feeling it in my muscles already - my legs are starting to ache and my lower stomach muscles are a bit sore too. I wouldn't have even thought i would feel it in my stomach at all! wierd!! i am definitely going to keep at it though - it's only day 3, and while i cant see any difference (and probably won't for a little while yet), i can feel it so i know it's going to work! i can't wait to start seeing some results though :) i'm excited about getting my body back!
jeshka

Postby oostevens » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:21 am

WOOHOO :) yes its day 3 :) of this week and day 2 of this year :) and so far you have worked out ALL YEAR ha ha ha awesom hehe

i am pumped cos i got 2 stars on my chart so far, 2 out of 2 :)

yay for nick!!!!!
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby sassi » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:29 am

it shouldn't be too long till you see some difference - you're going great guns!
sassi

Postby Mandie » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:41 am

Well done on exercising EVERY day this year so far! What a great achievement :) And good work on the jogging - you will feel it in the stomach because you work your core muscles while jogging to keep balance - it's an abdominal and back workout as well as a leg workout!

Keep up the great work and you will definitely notice results!
Mandie

Postby jeshka » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:01 am

thanks for the info, mandie! i didnt realise jogging worked the core muscles aswell. i get sore knees and ankles pretty easily and so far i havent had much trouble with the jogging cos i've got some good supportive shoes, so i hope it stays that way cos i am enjoying the jogging (never ever thought i would hear myself say that!)

hahaha yeah it's funny to say i have exercised every day this year!

i just had a breakfast of mango, banana and rockmelon, then a lite-soy milo, and a boiled egg. sooooo filling. yummy too! i'm tossing up whether to take my measurements today or to wait until the end of the week. i dont know how much difference it will make!
jeshka

Postby jeshka » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:15 am

well i took my measurements and as i suspected they are around the same as they were back in October. which is kind of a good thing in a way cos it means i am really starting from scratch.

Waist: 74.5cm
Hips: 96cm
Tummy: 94cm
Bicep: 29cm
Bust: 84.5cm
Butt: 103cm
Upper thigh: 61.5cm
Lower thigh: 44.5cm
Calf: 39cm
Ankle: 24cm

My leg measurements pretty much never change, and my tummy always fluctuates between like 90 and 96 depending on what time of the day i measure. I'm looking forward to seeing all of those measurements drop to much smaller numbers!

If I don't appear on here much in the next few days it's because we've gone over our broadband download limit and Optarse has slowed us to below dial-up speed. It takes about 5 minutes for the homepage to load and half the time it won't even let me log into MSN - soooo excruciatingly slow!! So I'll do my best to get on here until the 5th or 6th when the new internet month starts!
jeshka

Postby oostevens » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:19 am

aww we shall miss you! dont ya hate when that happens.

maybe i should do measurements.....but i always forget to make new ones......how do u find recording them, reckon its good?
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Juddy » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:31 am

Great stuff with getting into it, Jess, good luck with it!

Just make sure you don't go overboard with the measurements... I've been getting into the habit of weighing myself more than once a day, which is a bit obsessive and rather than motivate me, makes me annoyed!
Juddy

Postby jeshka » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:36 pm

thanks guys! yeah i found a while back that weighing/measuring too often gets annoying because if you do it every day or every couple of days, you don't see instant results and you get discouraged. i won't be doing that this time, i will probably measure myself again this weekend and then only do it once a week from then on. i find measurements better than jumping on the scales, because your weight can fluctuate so much with things like water retention and muscle mass etc etc. It's easier for me to guage my progress with measurements because i'm going to look to tone up aswell, and so the muscle mass could be deceiving on the scales. plus when i weigh myself, if the scales show a loss but i don't notice it, i tell myself that the scales must be broken, whereas with measuring myself i can see that i HAVE gotten smaller, even if i can't see it myself. of course later on down the track when i have made some progress, i'll jump on the scales just to see where i am in comparison with how i was say 4 years ago. but the other thing is that while i was 55kg in high school at the same height that i am now, i might look freakish and TOO skinny at 55kg these days so i can't really judge that too well either. the other way i guage it is by seeing how well i fit (or rather, don't fit at the moment) into my old clothes. i have a pair of size 10 Lee red velvet skinny jeans that are my ultimate goal, but its nice to try old clothes on and find that they fit you. i am looking forward to that!
jeshka

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress